BUS.490 in ACTION

Started by King of Buses, February 27, 2016, 06:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

Somewhere for people to put photos of 490 if they'd like to share them rather than cluttering up normal threads.

Apologies about the quality. My camera unexpectedly died just before 490 arrived on the 65 I was catching to Tuggeranong (I won't spoil what the ride/interior is like for those who haven't yet seen/been on it). So I did what I could with my phone before it did a 343 to Fraser.
I hope to find 490 again (with a fully charged camera battery plus the spare one in case) soon - I'll post more photos if I get them.

Sylvan Loves Buses

So my guesses during the consrtuction of my drawing were accurate  ;D ;D ;D

...well except for the colour on the aircon unit 8)

King of Buses

Some more of my photos of 490 - this time in the City.

At Platform 9

Interior

Interior

Platform 4

Travelling past Platform 5

On Northbourne Ave

Under the ACT flag

Sylvan Loves Buses

buses sure look nice when they're shiny and new like that - too bad ACTION won't be keeping it for longer.
dayam, the inside is so weird ??? can't wait to ride it :D
oh that reminds me of something...

<--- funny coincidence that I changed my avatar to the one with 490 in it close to the time of this post ;D

Busfanatic101

Spoilers much... I was looking forward to riding it and finding out what the interior looked like!

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on April 05, 2016, 04:35:56 PM
Spoilers much... I was looking forward to riding it and finding out what the interior looked like!

Yeah, me too ;D ;D ;D

(as well as attempting a blueprint type drawing like I've done with the others)

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on April 05, 2016, 04:35:56 PM

I'll post a video recording of it running from Civic to Russell then and finish the job.  >:D

Apologies for ruining your life/lives by showing the inside of a bus which looks like every other CB80 built in some way...

Buzz Killington

Not sure what people were expecting a thread that collates photos of 490 to contain..

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on April 06, 2016, 10:39:09 AM
Not sure what people were expecting a thread that collates photos of 490 to contain..

Cat videos?  :P

Sylvan Loves Buses

anyone got an aerial shot of it yet?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on April 06, 2016, 07:08:13 PM
anyone got an aerial shot of it yet?
Quote from: The Love Guru on April 06, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
Yeah i was out in my helicopter the other day just flying around waiting to snap a picture of the roof of a bus.

WTF is wrong with you?

Maybe not as mad as one might think, although I wasn't quite on a helicopter

Sylvan Loves Buses

I was more thinking of a shot of it directly above from on a bridge, something like the one above the ACT health building bridge in Civic looking down as it passes by, but that's good enough, thx.

Just after the correct positions of the vents, where the colours stop on the roof, and the aircon design, just checking ;) as I plan to add 490 (3) to my palm card drawing give-away/free-gift selection. This bus has quite a different design (apart from the front) than from the others, so I just want to check out as much as I can before going right into drawing it big time.

Unlike with the drawing of it for the Spence Terminus challenge, that was mostly just guessing from Bus 503's images, as I've only seen it twice, and not really for all that long, and as it was pretty much a front on angle, so I didn't really need to go into detail with the whole look of the top and side designs.

But yeh, thank you again.

Bus 503

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on April 06, 2016, 09:11:38 PM
oh, btw, is that number plate the same one they used for the white 490?

That has already been mentioned on the General Discussion thread.

Quote from: Bus 503 on February 23, 2016, 09:03:12 PM

I'm also sure 490's back number plate has been changed. It now features that 'dot' in the centre of the plate, in between the words: Bus (and) 490.

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 24, 2016, 12:14:20 PM
Also correct. 490 has had new plates fitted. On the old front plate, you could see where the CNG tag was fitted for the former 490.

King of Buses

A couple more of 490 from Friday.

On its way to layover between a route 4 and a route 749 at Woden.

On a route 749 to Belconnen travelling along Launceston St.

King of Buses

490 at Cohen St Bus Station.

490 on Marcus Clarke St at stop 3047 (Marcus Clarke/Farrell)

King of Buses

490 on the southside...

(Almost) 2 blue buses...