Trying to find one bus...

Started by NachoCheese, August 04, 2016, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NachoCheese

Trying to work out where I can see bus 593. Kids school has taken out an advertisement, so my kids are desperate to see their school on the back of a bus. Does any given bus usually run the same routes day to day, or is it purely luck of the draw?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Some use to, but not so much anymore.

If I see it, I'll keep my eye out for it.
I have a camera too now, so if I do happen to see it, I'll take some pictures of it for you. :D

Barry Drive

NachoCheese

Sylvan Loves Buses

well poop. caught that bus the other day, next time then.

Buzz Killington

Bus 539 was operating the northbound 314 that passes through Belconnen Westfield around 4.45pm today.

Can't say for sure if it'll be there tomorrow too. If you're making a special trip out, one way to tell is to use the Next There phone app and look up the route at the starting point (Tuggeranong, probably around 3.40pm). Select the route, then the information symbol in the top right, and the app will tell you the fleet number of the bus operating the route.

Unfortunately you can't search by fleet number on the app - it would make your search much easier but obviously it's not a feature of use to anyone other than enthusiasts, really.

Barry Drive

Or if you don't have an iPhone, Transit Times and Tripmate also show bus fleet numbers.

But you can be almost 100% certain that the same bus won't do that shift tomorrow.

Buzz Killington

The easiest way of tracking it may well to be send ACTION a message on Facebook and explain why you're looking for that particular bus. They might be able to let you know where you'll see it on a particular day - they've done it in the past for both wifi buses and when some of the drivers dressed up as Santa

Barry Drive