Bus 128 Presents: Other Uses for Bike Racks

Started by Bus 400, April 23, 2009, 06:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

This morning a Renault PR100.3 was involved in an accident at the top of Cohen Street & according to some drivers, a red car was wrapped around the bike rack.

Busnerd

And who said bike racks were a bad thing?

They seem to act as a bullbar! lol

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 23, 2009, 06:19:54 PM
This morning a Renault PR100.3 was involved in an accident at the top of Cohen Street & according to some drivers, a red car was wrapped around the bike rack.

Was it your red car?

Bus 400

Nope. At the time I was behind 387 on a 313S. But this did show me how easily these buses can do tight left turns.

The picture in "Where Is It #29" shows some of the traffic build up (http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1258.new#new)

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 23, 2009, 06:19:54 PM

Pretty bad damage to the bike rack as all on the tour would have seen, pictures coming soon for those who weren't on the tour or didn't see it.

Snorzac

Bus 400

Going by the damage, the bike rack would of been out at the time & has been folded in now, right?

Snorzac

No, I would say it was in, it has protected the body alright, but there may be chassis problems. The bike rack would have been in, it would not be moving like that.

Bus 400

Quote from: Renault PR180.2 on April 26, 2009, 11:32:51 PM......but there may be chassis problems.

No great loss if this bus is no longer on the road. Unless their is some sad news that the chassis can be repaired :o :wall:

Snorzac

Better be careful, I love .3s. So does Pompously, he wouldn't like this shot, his 'French Tempress' is broken

Bus 400

I only dislike them as I have long legs & I can just fit my legs in the gap between the chairs. They were designed for short legged people.

Snorzac

I have those problems in Mk Is. But imagine been 'Irisbus Rider' we shouldn't be complaining.

Busnerd

Saydair are still one of my favourite seats of all time, they are comfortable and perfectly fit most people.

Sir Pompously

They have a nice ass groove. Also, need to add, NOT MY FRENCH TEMPTRESS!!!!

Buzz Killington

[image]Todd clutching a handkerchief, one hand up against the forehead, ready to pass out at the sight of damage to 128[/image]

Irisbus Rider

Chassis damage, as we all know, is very serious. Hopefully this will result in the re-thinking of the bike racks, because a bus is more important than providing a service for bike and ride.

Busnerd

Depends how bad the damage is!

From what I believe, the front and rear of the chassis has extra room in case an accident pushes it in, that part can replaced without having to fix the whole thing!