Network 2014

Started by Barry Drive, March 23, 2012, 11:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Too soon?

From ACTION's website:
QuoteAll feedback received from the consultation was considered however not all feedback could be included in the 2012 network changes. Feedback which has not already been included will be incorporated into a wider, more extensive review of the ACTION network currently being undertaken. Further changes will be implemented in 2013.

ACTION's Twitter:
QuoteComplete review of ACTION services is planned for 2013. Public consult towards end 2012.

Transport for Canberra policy:
QuoteWeekend bus routes will be changed so buses travel the same routes as weekday services. This will create a coherent, easily understood  network. This will be a key consideraton in the development of the next ACTION enterprise bargaining agreement in 2013.

Put that all together and Network 2013 can't commence until July 2013 at the earliest and more likely early 2014.

Barry Drive

The whispers are that Network 2013 implementation is targeted for Term 4 2013 - so no earlier than 14 October.

Meanwhile, here is the first possible Network 2013 route change: based on permanent bus stop locations, route through Crace at some point in future will travel along most of Langtree Cres. Possible route (from Belconnen) is (R) Abena Av (R) Redruth St (cont) Langtree Cres (R) Jellicoe St .

CNG

is the shift spill in late 2012 still occuring?

King of Buses

I wonder if they will start services to Molonglo next network.
I went throught Wright the other day and the concrete pads are down for bus stops on Steve Irwin Ave and John Gorton Dr.
Possibly either 30 series or 90 series routes?

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King of Buses on July 04, 2012, 10:31:42 AM
Possibly either 30 series or 90 series routes?

90 series is already in use. 30 series would be likely given that the 20 series is Woden/Weston.

CNG

maybe 70 series never know

Bus 400

Quote from: CNG on July 04, 2012, 05:28:38 PM
maybe 70 series never know

70 series are for Community Routes. Easier to renumber the 30 & 31 to 40 series routes & the 39 to something like Route 1. Then trying to get Grandma Smith acing to remember which bus goes to the nursing home & gets on a 76, but ends up in Denman Prospect.

The Love Guru

29 is my guess, as the route will almost certainly go from Woden to Cooleman then onto Molonglo

King of Buses

Another Change that I'd like to see next year relates to the 958 and 952.
In My opinion the 958 should still travel around Amaroo shortening trips on the 952.

Also the 921/922 and the 923/924 should travel via the same route as the weekday 21/22 and 23/24.

The 80 should also go back to servicing the Causeway.

I've got many other things I'd like ot see however I don't have time to write them all now.

Bus 400

ACTION has informed its Twitter followers that details will released shortly, with consultation to begin in 2013.

King of Buses

For Molonglo next network, I'd like to see...

Route 34 (not neccesarily this number but anyway): A loop service that operates from Woden to Curtin (Theodore St/McCulloch St), North Weston, Wright (John Gorton Dr, Steve Irwin Ave) and then back via the same route. The turnaround point could be Steve Irwin Ave/Peter Cullen Way. Also this service could be replaced in the future to operate to the Molonglo Town centre.

Route 35 : Woden to City via Cooleman Court and Molonglo Town centre. This could also become a Blue rapid sort of service and run between Belconnen and Tuggeranong via City (regular 300), Molonglo (the 35), Cooleman (the 35), Woden. This could be numbered 335 perhaps.

But anyway, I can dream can't I?

Bus 400

While I highly suspect it won't make Network 2013 proposals, I have submitted my proposal for a change in the way Xpresso & School Services are run. Rather then typing it all again, below is an extract from the message I sent ACTION:

-The next proposal is a big change in how things are at the moment. Instead of running a whole heap of school routes through the suburbs & wondering every year if a student that the school bus was extended for is still there. Why not use the old termini around the suburbs & suburban shops to start school runs from? You could even add Park & Rides to some of these areas. You could then run additional Xpresso's from the suburbs to the City/Parliamentary Triangle. So the parents could drop the kids off at the terminus, wave good bye as the school bus drives off & then jump on an Xpresso to work. I am yet to work out what happens in the afternoon. But another part of this plan would also to have nearby suburban routes deviate to the termini. In the case of Gungahlin where there are no "cut out" termini. You could use the suburban shopping centres or even the end of roads like Mulligan's Flat Road just before the NSW/ACT border for Forde residents & the end of Roden Cutler Drive for Bonner. If this idea was to go ahead hopefully special termini could be built into future suburbs.
Kind Regards,

Bus 400

Going by the Google Transit Feed, in the first quarter changes are expected to timetables.
These include the 57 running until 22:00
Route 958 will now depart Cohen St at :20 past the hour. 958 to depart Gungahlin at :18 past the hour

There are bound to be more changes, but I can't find any without spending hours going through the data.

The Love Guru

Highly doubt you'll see a change to weekday timetables before the 2013 network review.

Bus 400

Quote from: The Love Guru on December 26, 2012, 11:04:57 PM
Highly doubt you'll see a change to weekday timetables before the 2013 network review.

[smartarse]
Wellllll, if the network review starts before any changes. Then technically these changes have occurred after the review (has started).
[/smartarse]

The Love Guru

You missed the point. There wont be any changes until late in 2013.

Bus 400

The Gungahlin Community Council is currently being told about the proposed bus route updates. So far the GCC have posted:

-New Belconnen to Gungahlin Rapid Route
-Increased frequency on current rapid route
-Public consultation next month
-New Park & Ride at Gozzard St & Valley Ave, Well Station/Flemington P&R is in the medium term.

Bus 400

In the Woden Master plan a few new route numbers have come up for Network 13. They include 68, 163, 791 & 792. I have no idea where they will/would of gone except north.

Barry Drive

According to the latest ACTION newsletter, new services are set to commence in early 2014 with the community consultation phase due to start "in late August."

Among the proposed changes are:
  • a new service linking Molonglo to Woden and Cooleman Court with a peak hour Xpresso to City
  • a new Rapid between Gungahlin and Belconnen [replacing the Gung - Belc sector of routes 56 & 58]
  • a new services (sic) for Hume
  • improved services for Dunlop and West Macgregor
  • improved service between Erindale and Woden
  • improved services to the airport business park
  • increased Xpresso services between Weston Creek and City, including an Xpresso direct to City from Cooleman Court

The Love Guru

I think they wrote the news letter prior to the budget being announced, or they have a money printer in the office!

There is no money allocated anywhere for the addition of these services so one can only assume they will come at the cost of other runs.

We all know that early 2014 is code for Christmas 2014 or later.

ajw373

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 10, 2013, 10:44:47 AM
According to the latest ACTION newsletter, new services are set to commence in early 2014 with the community consultation phase due to start "in late August."

Among the proposed changes are:
  • a new service linking Molonglo to Woden and Cooleman Court with a peak hour Xpresso to City
  • a new Rapid between Gungahlin and Belconnen [replacing the Gung - Belc sector of routes 56 & 58]
  • a new services (sic) for Hume
  • improved services for Dunlop and West Macgregor
  • improved service between Erindale and Woden
  • improved services to the airport business park
  • increased Xpresso services between Weston Creek and City, including an Xpresso direct to City from Cooleman Court

The Canberra Crimes has an article talking about some of the changes. The one that struck me was a new blue rapid for Dunlop. I wonder if that will be an extension of one of the routes that terminates at Kippax (can never remember if they are 318/319 or something different). I guess they could extend one of them to follow the route of the 43 from Kippax, and also extend one of the others to Macgregor (new) and do away with the 43, or keep the 43 and route it to new Macgregor.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/parliamentary-bus-services-get-a-boost-after-car-park-fee-rise-20130912-2tnus.html

Buzz Killington

I assumed they'd cut the 45 and replace that with either an extension of the 318/319. Can't see much need for a whole "new" blue rapid.

ajw373

The ACTION website now has some maps. The 45 is indeed gone and the 43, now a 343 cuts out Handcock Crescent and is the only bus in Dunlop (with variations being a short 43 and peak hour 743 replacing the 703)

The New Macgregor service is still a stub, personally I would have run it as a loop through new Macgergor off Southern Cross drive, then down Cannon Street onto Osborne/O'Reiley etc.

Still no services terminating at Charnwood which has been rumorded here before.

Network map here:

http://www.action.act.gov.au/news/network-14

Belconnen Map here:

http://www.action.act.gov.au/news/network-14/belconnen

Buzz Killington

The changes are far more substantial than I imagined.

Some interesting changes in Tuggeranong.

The listings on their site aren't great - for example, the 743 isn't listed and the 43 is marked as deleted when presumably (going by the map) it will be the off peak 343.

Not a word about weekends either...

Barry Drive

Quote from: ajw373 on September 13, 2013, 09:50:11 AM
Still no services terminating at Charnwood which has been rumorded (sic) here before.
Yes, because there is not yet a terminus at Charnwood Shops for services to terminate at. I thought we'd covered that before :)

My first concern is no connection between Dunlop & Charnwood shops and also North Lyneham/Miller St & Dickson shops. (History: route 380 was introduced in 1979 which was the first time Miller St was linked to Dickson shops.)

44 change is very similar to the one The_Love_Guru and I suggested some time ago. But it needs to extend further north into West Macgregor and possibly use Cannan Cres and Osburn Dr as ajw373 suggest, or else do a full loop of Macfarlane Burnet / Constance Stone.

Ideally, West Macgregor and Dunlop should have the most direct routes possible from Belconnen. But the question is: is Dunlop better serviced by the proposed 43/343 via Macgregor and Kippax or would it be better to have a direct route via Charnwood (e.g. current 14 to Tillyard, then Lhotsky, Florey, Ginninderra, Lance Hill, Kerrigan, Shakespeare to Fraser West
)?

Interesting that they reduce services in some suburbs (such as Theodore and Richardson) in the name of streamlined/more direct services, yet 17 still goes along Erldunda Cct and 14 uses Bingley Cr - both of which could have also been cut.

ajw373

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 13, 2013, 12:58:17 PM
Yes, because there is not yet a terminus at Charnwood Shops for services to terminate at. I thought we'd covered that before :)

It is a chicken and egg thing really. If you have no services that need to terminate there you don't need a terminus. Now looking at the current network and the proposed network what routes would be better if they terminate at Charnwood instead of elsewhere, such as Fraser West. So to me it is really a terminus at Charnwood shops is a solution looking for a problem to solve.

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 13, 2013, 12:58:17 PMMy first concern is no connection between Dunlop & Charnwood shops and also North Lyneham/Miller St & Dickson shops. (History: route 380 was introduced in 1979 which was the first time Miller St was linked to Dickson shops.)

No Dunlop to Charnwood shops I can understand, especially as Dunlop now has it's own supermarket and it has a link to Kippax, which is clearly much bigger than Charnwood. Also it's not like there is a school to be serviced at Charnwood, but Kippax has the regional high school, so needs a link. But if you must I guess the 343 instead of going into Shakespeare Cres to Fraser West Terminus could turn down Lhotsky Street instead and terminate at Charnwood, so solve both the issues you have above. But again think it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exit. No North Lyneham to Dickson is silly though, people over there need access to a group centre and Lyhneham High.

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 13, 2013, 12:58:17 PM
44 change is very similar to the one The_Love_Guru and I suggested some time ago. But it needs to extend further north into West Macgregor and possibly use Cannan Cres and Osburn Dr as ajw373 suggest, or else do a full loop of Macfarlane Burnet / Constance Stone.

Ideally, West Macgregor and Dunlop should have the most direct routes possible from Belconnen. But the question is: is Dunlop better serviced by the proposed 43/343 via Macgregor and Kippax or would it be better to have a direct route via Charnwood (e.g. current 14 to Tillyard, then Lhotsky, Florey, Ginninderra, Lance Hill, Kerrigan, Shakespeare to Fraser West
)?

I think Dunlop is much better served being linked to Kippax, instead of Charnwood as Kippax is the group centre for West Belconnen. As mentioned the 44 should go down Cannan Street and do the full loop of West Macgregor, if I am not mistaken the newer section already has bus stop pads, but the buses just U turn and head back. I don't beleive it is, in reality any less direct than going down Ginninderra Drive and serves more people and the group centre. The 44 to Belconnen though will be a PIA as it seems to go everywhere on it's way.

Bus 400

What is also missed is Springbank Rise in Casey. School buses already service this area & by 2014 that new part of Ngunnawal should be ready for its first residents.

I also think if you are going to completely reroute the 2,3 & 6 then they should be renumbered.

But on that note, it is good to see a return of Yaralumla buses going down National Circuit, Forrest. Something seen back in 1962 (watch this space in the near future).

I think the retorting of the 22/23/24 should work through Lyons & Chifley.

To add to the Charnwood Terminus fire, while we have seen a tender for this work. It is the only project that is yet to progress further. With all the others from Erindale Bus Station to Gungahlin Bus Station at least going to the next stage.

The Love Guru

2,3 & 6 are renumbered! They look nothing like the current ones.

As for National Cct, at present the road is going to prove to be unusable by buses due to significant car parking issues in the area. Easily fixed with no parking signs though.

Nth Lyneham has its own shopping centre and anything else that one should need would be available in the City, so the loss of the link to Dickson is no biggie. It's good to see some removal of the archaic links between suburbs and group centres as this was yesterdays way of doing things. Now its about getting into the town centres where its a 1 stop shop for everything you need.

manhinli

Quite a change with Network '14 this time round. Radical changes of some routes.

Interesting to see 9 and 59 are now loops.

The supposed 5 minute combined frequency of the 200 series better be evenly distributed. At the moment, the 200 and 50s often come in groups in the morning - I remember up to three being scheduled at times at my stop. Overcrowding in one and under-loading in the other happens quite a lot (which I try to tactically take advantage of, if I have the time.)

Are the new 25x routes all-stops? Guessing they're not... I suppose there has to be efficiencies gained somewhere. Though I would miss an all-stops service from Flemington Road to mid-way Northbourne Ave in the morning as I do now.

Funny how 200/201 goes back through the train station after it was streamlined to run completely down Wentworth/Canberra Ave for Network '12.

201 does the full 200 then goes around Fyshwick towards Woden... Why not split at Ipswich St like that of the now removed Route 80? I doubt there are a lot of people missing out on the remainder of Canberra Ave considering 201 is only at best half hourly.

I see that they've changed how Route 2 runs from City north... Didn't they face a bit of opposition when they tried to change Route 2 last time?

Not sure if Route 100 will continue past this year, but now that Route 81 is a full service 7 days a week with the Arboretum included and most of the remaining landmarks are covered by other routes, I think it's a good substitute for tourists (or people like me who have never been to the Arboretum!)

I think that the numbering system is a bit restrictive and now there's recycling of numbers for what will become quite different routes in such a short space of time. Having fewer digits for core routes and vice versa for coverage routes makes more sense in terms of allotment of numbers. I'm not suggesting that we completely rip out and renumber everything, but something to think about.

belcodriver

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 13, 2013, 07:34:48 PM
2,3 & 6 are renumbered! They look nothing like the current ones.

As for National Cct, at present the road is going to prove to be unusable by buses due to significant car parking issues in the area. Easily fixed with no parking signs though.

Nth Lyneham has its own shopping centre and anything else that one should need would be available in the City, so the loss of the link to Dickson is no biggie. It's good to see some removal of the archaic links between suburbs and group centres as this was yesterdays way of doing things. Now its about getting into the town centres where its a 1 stop shop for everything you need.

Dickson has a proper supermarket unlike the City.

ajw373

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 13, 2013, 06:15:10 PM
What is also missed is Springbank Rise in Casey. School buses already service this area & by 2014 that new part of Ngunnawal should be ready for its first residents.

Does seem silly as that is a reasonable sized estate. I wonder if they are waiting for the road from Overall Ave to Spingbank to open? As it would seem logical to send the 52/252 up that road and then over Horse Park into the newer section of Ngunnawal. This is one thing that irks me about new developments. Whilst of course the demand isn't as high when a place is under construction if you don't provide a service then people will find other means (car) and their habbits will be set, which will make it harder to change when the service does go in.

The way developments are done don't help either, case in point being the missing link from Overall Ave to Springbank rise. The roads that link estates (which are logically the roads bus routes will take) should go in first not last.

ajw373

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 13, 2013, 07:34:48 PM

That's funny, if anything I would have said the town centre mentality is what is yesterdays way of doing things rather than group centres. I think Action even thinks that too, as they are doing quite a lot to get services to group centres, such as Kippax, Erindale, Lanyon etc. Now whilst North Lyneham does have a supermarket it is only a small one, so it needs a link to the nearest group centre which is Dickson (just like Dunlop needs a link to Kippax over Charnwood). It would be easy to do too, just switch the 31 and 30, by sending the 30 into North Lyneham and the 31 past.

King of Buses

What have the route planners being smoking!

Some of these routes are alright while others are well... Strange.
To the list of routes and suburbs which won't link to shops, the 22 doesn't appear to go to Mawson.

All seems a bit familiar though, most routes having Xpresso versions, and later on they get cut. (Network '98, '03,'05...)

Also the return of the old 83 (as 705 still but) to Cooleman from Tuggers and Belco.

Route 720 as well. Very well used every time I see it. Now they're ditching it! Ridiculous.

Route 171? I thought they were trying to make routes simple and easy to understand. Thus having most daytime routes as two digit or 200 Series/300 Series. So this would probably confuse many passengers.

The fact that many of the changes have been mooted before and complained about too much therefore not being introduced will probably mean the exact same thing will happen.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on September 14, 2013, 10:22:59 AM
To the list of routes and suburbs which won't link to shops, the 22 doesn't appear to go to Mawson.

Route 720 as well. Very well used every time I see it. Now they're ditching it! Ridiculous.
Route 22 not going to Mawson? I'm OK with that. But the 23/24 still does - from Lyons. The 21 & 22 variations were done to avoid crossing Hindmarsh Dr between Eggleston Cres and Launceston St. But the result is the utterly ridiculous 23/24 which starts in Lyons then goes to Southlands and still makes travel to or from Farrer too long. I can't see any simple alternative though.

Many years ago, ACTION considered running one of the Curtin routes (230/231) through Lyons but they never went ahead with it. Another option could be to run a Weston Creek service through Lyons via Burnie St, but those routes are already long enough.

The 720 has gone the same way as the 729, 732, 770 and other Xpressos which had a unique route. The new idea is to run the Xpresso services along the same corridor as the regular route (as much as possible) to avoid passenger "confusion". Never mind that the Xpresso route was popular and/or more direct. Most important thing is to avoid any possibility for confusion.

Quote from: manhinli on September 14, 2013, 01:00:20 AM
Funny how 200/201 goes back through the train station after it was streamlined to run completely down Wentworth/Canberra Ave for Network '12.

201 does the full 200 then goes around Fyshwick towards Woden... Why not split at Ipswich St like that of the now removed Route 80? I doubt there are a lot of people missing out on the remainder of Canberra Ave considering 201 is only at best half hourly.
200 / 201 basically turns into the 80 from Railway Station onwards. Which removes the duplication of both the 200 and 80 travelling to Fyshwick. Clever idea in theory. It does mean though that the "Rapid" (limited stops) portion of both routes will be limited to Northbourne Av and Constitution Av.

Quote from: ajw373 on September 13, 2013, 05:05:24 PM
I think Dunlop is much better served being linked to Kippax, instead of Charnwood as Kippax is the group centre for West Belconnen. ... The 44 to Belconnen though will be a PIA as it seems to go everywhere on it's way.
Some valid points. Except that Charnwood is also a Group Centre.

If you think the modified 44 is a PIA, you should try it now (additional running through Belconnen, Scullin and Higgins). Yet passengers still catch it from Belconnen to West Macgregor, Holt or Kippax rather than catching a direct service to Kippax (318/319) then catching it from Kippax. The 44 from Belconnen will travel from Cohen St out to Joynton Smith Dr, Emu Bank then back through BCBS, Westfield BS, Lathlain St then Belconnen Way. This will save 5 or more minutes heading out from Westfield but will also provide a service to Emu Bank which 45 previously ran. Cutting out Scullin and reducing Higgins should save another 5 minutes. 

The Love Guru

I assume you mean the 23/24 start in Woden and proceed to Lyons as they do now?

Most of the changes are positive, fingers crossed for more cash next year to build the frequency up as at the moment they have streamlined a lot of services but frequencies are generally unchanged.

Hoping they don't tinker with it at all even after community consultation. Still not sold on the idea of employing experts to design a network then get people who know nothing about transport to put their two cents in. It's like designing a building and letting randoms alert the design without understanding how one piece effects another.

Bus 400

My non forum/non driver sources tell me that a Dart is currently being used to time every service. With a plan to implement with the completed NXTBUS rollout & Woden temporary bus station.
An AdShel ad at the ANU Bus Ststion looks to shows the full route 88 thru Hume. While I didn't get a clear view it looks to do a loop & go as far south as the Caltex & back up Sheppard to Lanyon Drive.

Buzz Killington

I'm finding it odd that the 163 and 171 (what's with that route number?) take the same path through Wanniassa.

I would divert one of those up either Gaunson or Sainsbury and then along Longmore to the roundabout with Rylah Cres. It's a bit of a gap when there's no service for the portion of Longmore from the shops up to Sainsbury, and no service on Sainsbury either. (Or Gaunson)

Ed

QuoteHoping they don't tinker with it at all even after community consultation. Still not sold on the idea of employing experts to design a network then get people who know nothing about transport to put their two cents in.

Most people that utilize the network know nothing about public transport operations. But not giving them a chance to put in feedback/opinion/suggestions/recommendations, is, in my opinion, bordering on being a gc.

ajw373

Quote from: Ed on September 14, 2013, 11:35:55 PM
Most people that utilize the network know nothing about public transport operations. But not giving them a chance to put in feedback/opinion/suggestions/recommendations, is, in my opinion, bordering on being a gc.

You sound like you used to work in the railways. You know the old story about how they used to say that if it wasn't for the passengers they could run the perfect system.

Whilst those that USE the system may have no idea about operations, I bet they are the ones who know exactly what they want and what they need. It is then up to the route planners to BALANCE the wants and needs of the passengers with operational and budgetary realities.

Ed

QuoteWhilst those that USE the system may have no idea about operations, I bet they are the ones who know exactly what they want and what they need. It is then up to the route planners to BALANCE the wants and needs of the passengers with operational and budgetary realities.

Hence I think you may have misread my second sentence. The passengers are indeed the ones that know exactly what they want and need. That was the point I was trying to put across.

ajw373

Quote from: Ed on September 15, 2013, 09:24:40 AM
Hence I think you may have misread my second sentence. The passengers are indeed the ones that know exactly what they want and need. That was the point I was trying to put across.

That is good to hear, still not sure how your post says that, but will take your word for it.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ajw373 on September 15, 2013, 11:44:52 AM
That is good to hear, still not sure how your post says that, but will take your word for it.

Quote from: Ed on September 14, 2013, 11:35:55 PM
But not giving them a chance to put in feedback/opinion/suggestions/recommendations, is, in my opinion, bordering on being a gc.
You need to speak "Ed" to understand what he meant: "a gc" in this context refers to a person undertaking deceitful conduct. No literal translation will be posted here.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 14, 2013, 05:34:58 PM
I'm finding it odd that the 163 and 171 (what's with that route number?) take the same path through Wanniassa.

I would divert one of those up either Gaunson or Sainsbury and then along Longmore to the roundabout with Rylah Cres. It's a bit of a gap when there's no service for the portion of Longmore from the shops up to Sainsbury, and no service on Sainsbury either. (Or Gaunson)
I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing that this route proves popular on weekends and they think it better to run routes that way 7 days. Upon closer examination: 163 & 171 are both proposed to have 60 min off-peak frequency (despite the 11 currently being 30 min) - so this would provide this corridor with a 30 minute frequency. I think it may work better by restoring 171 to 30 min and running it down Longmore and swapping for the 65 along Langdon (with a 60 min frequency). Also both 61 and 64 can service Longmore from Atkins to Sainsbury - I doubt this would add much time to either route.

The Love Guru

Beside the numbering fail in Wanniassa, I think the routes aren't too bad. They are trying to build a common corridor through the suburb rather than having the routes scattered all over the place. Same thing is being done in Mitchell where the routes are being aligned to a common route.

On the community consultation bit, very little constructive comes from it as everyone wants a bus that goes from their front door their destination at the time they want it. Generally it is referred to as a taxi, but if you can get the government to pay for it well its a better deal. As transport enthusiasts we are in a different position as generally we have a much greater understanding of the network than the average Joe. To the common person, the bus ceases to exist past their stop on the route and the bus going anywhere other than where they want to get to is seen as inconvenience. There is context of suburb or route coverage, it's just human nature.

Bus 400

For those of you not on Twitter, this is what the Route 88 thru Hume is proposed to look like. Appears it will be one big loop service & travel the wrong way down the Monaro Highway.

I wonder who the target passengers are, as it only Hume has doubled in size in recent years. But it does service the main "retail" section of the suburb.

Of course it is better then what they've got now.

manhinli

Went to the network community consultation in Gungahlin today.

The large whole network map was there (same as that at some central bus stops) and large A3 booklets of the maps/descriptions online.

Got confirmation that 25x series are definitely limited stops from Gungahlin south.

Pretty impressed by the knowledgeable people there.

Buzz Killington

Booklets, eh? Might have to pop along to one of the sessions!

The Love Guru

When they say limited stops, that wont be the same stopping pattern as the 200 has now. Due to there being no other services on Flemington Rd, all buses will be all stops at least as far as Mitchell, and quite possibly all the way to Dickson. Same will happen on the other end of the 200 with the 80 being removed, It will have to be all stops from the old Kingston depot.

manhinli

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 18, 2013, 08:41:20 PM
Booklets, eh? Might have to pop along to one of the sessions!
They're large enough that they work well as a hanging calendar or poster...

Quote from: The Love Guru on September 18, 2013, 08:49:51 PM
When they say limited stops, that wont be the same stopping pattern as the 200 has now. Due to there being no other services on Flemington Rd, all buses will be all stops at least as far as Mitchell, and quite possibly all the way to Dickson. Same will happen on the other end of the 200 with the 80 being removed, It will have to be all stops from the old Kingston depot.
While I didn't ask specifically, the guy did say that I could transfer at EPIC and use the 56, 57, 58 down Northbourne, so there should still be stops served from Mitchell down by the other routes.

For the southern end, you're right - they've still got stops to service down there...

Buzz Killington

Will anybody be submitting formal feedback?

Bus 400

I've submitted a couple of things.

Woden Community Council will be discussing the revised ACTION Network at their monthly meeting on Wednesday at 19:30, at the Hellenic Club.