Is it possible? New TBX Livery

Started by Irisbus Rider, August 18, 2009, 07:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

Whilst reading the latest edition of 'InTransit' (Transit Graphics little newsletter, a great read too), I stumbled across an article about Deanes Transit Group, in which, a little image caught my eye;

Could it be Transborders new livery? It would make sense if it were, as it conforms with the DTG standard.

Thought this may interest some......

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Hmm, not too bad. Will be interesting to see if anything eventuates.

So you "stimbled" across that "grerad" read, did you Irisbus Rider?

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 19, 2009, 06:48:55 PM
So you "stimbled" across that "grerad" read, did you Irisbus Rider?
Yes, I did, and when I did, I was sumply bawled arver!

Sorry, will fix those spelling mistakes up.

My 2c on this livery;
Very dissapointing. The Green and sliver stood out so well, and looked great. This looks somewhat cheap, and tacky.

Bus 400

This livery is on a new Transborder bus. It sounds weird to me, but there is a new TBX bus & it is a low floor. Bus 218 was on the Wallaby school run this afternoon.

I'm not sure what bus type it was but looked different to any other bus in the Deanes/TBX fleet.

Snorzac

According to 'Chris_Guru' it is a B7RLE with P&D coach works body. I probably has the new P&D front as seen on Deanes 45 and 65 which are both high floors. So that is probably why it looks different to every thing else.

If I am not mistaken, this would be TBX's first low floor. They have a few B7R high floors which are accessible but I don't think that they have a low floor other than this.

Buzz Killington

I saw it in Civic around 1.30pm. Was quite surprised to see fleet numbers in the same place as ACTION have them!

seat cover

It isthe first low floor for TBX and it is a P&D B7RLE euro 5. Started service on MOnday doing the 2.05pm and the 5:31pm departure from Civic

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: seat cover on September 18, 2009, 09:18:13 PM
It isthe first low floor for TBX and it is a P&D B7RLE euro 5. Started service on MOnday doing the 2.05pm and the 5:31pm departure from Civic
Thanks for the info!

Perhaps, I'll have to chase it and grab a photo of it,and see what it looks like in the flesh.

It would certainly be an interesting ride down the Barton Hwy in a low floor!

Buzz Killington

A couple of photographs of 218 at the Transborder Depot in Mitchell, new to the ACT Bus Gallery.