Upcoming Bus Transfer

Started by Bus 400, May 12, 2009, 08:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

A driver has mentioned that 20 buses will be transfered from Belconnen Depot to Tuggeranong Depot. Apparently the starters office has the list.

This means that Belconnen will have Renault PR100.2 MkII 926 to 982. That is if Belconnen gets the newest PR 100.2's. But they may even get some Darts (hopefully) or even some MkI's.

Snorzac

Apparently 15 are supposed to be CNG buses. It won't be anything like 970 been transfered the driver will have an absolute fit. The reason for the CNG buses is to help with accessibility needs and for each new MAN Belco receive they will send a gassie back.

Come to think of it there was a Scania at Belco last night, but I think it was mealing.

Bus 400

Does Belco now have a CNG unit?

I have been told another driver loves another bus & ACTION tried transferring it before, but they kicked up a fit & they transferred another bus instead & that same bus might be up for relocation again. Another occasion was when another driver had their bus for 10 years & then ACTION transferred the bus.

Snorzac

No, the shifts assigned gas buses meal at Tuggies or something so that the bus can be re-fuelled

Irisbus Rider

Belconnen will not receive any CNG buses, but will have 15 100.2s/100.3s/Darts transferreed from Tuggeranong.

Bus 400

I was going to say that Belconnen could have Tuggers current MAN's & eventually replace all their buses with MAN's. Belconnen could then become the MAN Depot (Molonglo And Northside Depot)

Snorzac

So 937 could be the first.

Irisbus Rider

It is not known which buses will be transferred, probably best to wait and see in two weeks.

Snorzac

FFFM Transferred then, Tex was driving

Irisbus Rider

Could be. I'll get a few Belconnen drivers to follow that up ;)

Bus 400

What we probably need it one of the drivers from Tuggeranong Depot could see the transfer list that the starters have. Belconnen Depot may have a copy of the list.

But I wonder, how would they transfer 20 buses? Would it be that on the weekend, 20 drivers will come in & drive the buses up to Belconnen Depot (in a line together) & another bus will bring the drivers back? Or would it be some other option?

Snorzac

Oh yes they are just going to drive in a huge line...

Sir Pompously

cause we got a bussin' convoy rockin' thru the night
Yeah, we got a bussin', ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy, ain't nothin' gonna get in our way
We gonna roll this bussin' convoy 'cross the ACT

Busnerd

Well it would make sense to do the following, get five or so floaters to take a bus each up to Belconnen and either catch a bus back, or one of the drivers could take everyone else back and so on.

Alternatively the belconnen supervisor could drive them back to Tuggeranong after the transfer.

Irisbus Rider

Yes, there is usually one bus to ferry the drivers from Belconnen to Tuggeranong, then the drivers will each get one bus and drive back to Belconnen.

Bus 400

I forget how many drivers are being transfered to Belco, but maybe they should take 1 bus each.

Busnerd

What drivers are being transferred?

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 12, 2009, 10:17:50 PM
I forget how many drivers are being transfered to Belco, but maybe they should take 1 bus each.

Irisbus Rider

There are an extra 25 shifts at Belconnen, so a safe guess would be 25 drivers, but only 15 buses are being transferred.

Bus 400

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 12, 2009, 10:18:44 PM
What drivers are being transferred?

Quite a few drivers went from being part timers to full timers, but with that promotion they have been sent to Belconnen Depot.

belcodriver

I think mechanics transfer the buses not drivers.

Snorzac

937 is not one at the moment. I saw Tex drive past and didn't see 937 directly behind him until I turned around, so I assumed that he was driving it.

Bus 400

Apparently 12 drivers from Tuggeranong were promoted to full time & another 12 shifts were made Belconnen shifts. This will not change for another 12 months, plus how ever long it takes for ACTION to hire an extra 25 drivers. That is 25 after this last batch that included a board member as they were included in the new shift spill.

Bus 400

Apparently volunteers have been enlisted to transfer the buses from 6am Sunday

Bus 400

It looks as if I was mistaken, as the transfer has already started.

This morning I spotted 901, 870 & 864 being transferred.

Snorzac

lol, 870, BVR will be happy, I believe he likes that bus.

Snorzac

I think 900 is at Belconnen.....yuck!!!

Buzz Killington

900 was originally at Belco. It came to Tuggeranong around 2002 or so IIRC

Snorzac

Okay, I have just walked past the depot and there is a shit load of Mk Is

It looks like it's all .2s except for one loner dart. The buses that are at Belco that I can say for sure are: 864, 903, 898 and 869. One of the ACTION AOAs is there, I think it is 978.

Snorzac

Okay I have the list:
862-870
897-903
and there was no dart according to my source but I am pretty sure that there is.

Bus 400

1 driver won't like that, while another 2 will be very happy. Belco will have a surprise with one bus when it goes out Monday.

But I hope that Belconnen are happy, Tuggeranong is now 26 buses short for shifts on Monday. So some of you may hope that your bus driver doesn't start around 07:30, or your bus ain't running.

Busnerd

Why would they be short cause they transferred buses?

They would obviously have enough buses and are just sending over what is required, remember that Belco got more shifts in this latest spill so they need more buses, it doesn't mean that Tuggeranong will be now permanently short on buses!

Bus 400

QuoteIf I am correct, for a week or so it looked like buses were being stored on the edge of the shed at Tuggeranong & it had 3-5 Darts & 2/3 Renaults.

I was wrong, as these buses are still there tonight

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 23, 2009, 04:54:25 PM
Okay I have the list:
862-870
897-903
and there was no dart according to my source but I am pretty sure that there is.

Thanks for those, the Wiki has been updated to reflect the changes and I'll upload a revised fleet list this afternoon.

Snorzac

I have it on good word (ie. Driver that gave me the list of transfers) that 3 of the transfered buses will be heading back to Tuggeranong.

Bus 400

My sources tell me that this might occur in the weekend preceding 15 June '09. As there are some Belconnen drivers being transferred to Tuggeranong as well from this date.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 23, 2009, 04:54:25 PMand there was no dart according to my source but I am pretty sure that there is.
144 is back at Belconnen. Not sure about any others, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Snorzac

So that is the dart. That would be all of them Martin. I will update fleetlists.

Buzz Killington

Any ideas on if three are still being planned to be sent back to Tuggers, anyone?

Snorzac

Probably the 3 oldest 862-863, 148 will probably go back if it hasn't already as well. But the three may not be from the transferred buses. Any three could go.

Snorzac

862, 863 and 903 have returned to Tuggeranong

Buzz Killington

903? seems a bit odd considering Belco have 902 and 904!

Irisbus Rider

Thats the newest bus that got transferred, possibly why.

Mind you, these will all be transferred back when Belconnen begin to receive their MAN's, which should be in the next few weeks.

IMO, a better idea would be to send back 897, 898, 899, 900, 901 and 902, and send Belconnen 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862 and 863, and send back 144.
That would create a better looking fleet allocation, i.e. 824 to 896 at Belconnen.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Virusbus Rider on June 03, 2009, 07:24:17 PM
when Belconnen begin to receive their MAN's, which should be in the next few weeks.

Wait, what? New MANs in a few weeks?

Bus 400

I thought the 14.5 Scania's were the ones due in June or July?

Irisbus Rider

ACTION have repeatedly stated that the first of the MAN 18.310 Diesels are supposed to arrive in June.

But ACTION's estimations are usually very optimistic, realistically, maybe July, but we'll have to wait and see, miracles are possible, lol.

Snorzac

Belconnen drivers are talking about sending 132-144 to Tuggeranong, lol

Bus 400

Quote from: Mini Mat on June 03, 2009, 10:39:26 PM
Belconnen drivers are talking about sending 132-144 to Tuggeranong, lol
& I'm quite sure that Tuggeranong drivers would be more then glad for Belconnen to have 132-156