New Artics for ACTION

Started by Barry Drive, February 18, 2010, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Quote from: ajw373 on January 24, 2013, 07:13:04 AM
Is this a 'last minute' change by Action or by Scania? Has there been any history of fires with these buses elsewhere to need to put it in?

Sorry, don't know any of the background to this.

smitho

Noticed 520 this morning on the Coulter Drive fence of Belconnen Depot.

ajw373

Saw that one in Civic at around 8:10am. The desto was on, but was all over the shop.

Bus 400

Bus 519 was were Bus 520 is now. So maybe Bus 519 is back at Tuggeranong.

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously reports that 521 arrived at Tuggeranong today.

Bus 400

It looks like Bus 519 entered service, spotted dead running up Drakeford Drive.

King of Buses

517 is apparently called 'The Bennie' rather than 516. Well, thats what its name tag said on the inside of the bus...

Buzz Killington

521 is parked in the sheds at Tuggeranong - either entered service yesterday or will do on Monday.

smitho

Thought that 521 had been in service late last week...

Buzz Killington

It's possible. I haven't seen it out on the road myself.

lukeo25

521 passed me on Friday afternoon on Eggleston cresent operataing a school bus

smitho

522 was @ Tuggeranong Workshops this am....

Bus 400

So far I've only been on 2 of Tuggeranong's new (allocated) artics, but it looks like Tuggeranong has lucked out as Bus 518 & 520 don't have screens installed & not even an access panel like some of the MAN's did have.

smitho

Worked 519 on free EPIC-Civic Show Shuttles last night (Saturday 23rd Feb).

Bidgee

BUS 521 was just spotted at City Bus Station doing route 5.

Bus 400

I found this little piece on the ACTION FAQ page:

When is the next articulated bus arriving?
As part of our fleet replacement program, 20 new articulated buses are being added to the ACTION fleet, replacing older models. This is, on average, two per month until March 2013. The schedule of the next 13 buses will be announced once an update from the manufacturer is provided.

Barry Drive

Something to look out for: the most recent artics have gone back to using WIRED bus stop buttons.

Update: not wired buttons - still wireless, but use RF rather than sound to activate the signal.

smitho

Noticed 525 stabled in the southern garage at Woden Transport Depot today.

Bus 400

Bus 524 has entered service.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 12, 2013, 11:54:22 AM
Something to look out for: the most recent artics have gone back to using WIRED bus stop buttons.

Wireless causing issues then?

Snorzac

If you sneeze, drop your keys, or a coin in the wireless ones, they go off....useless!

Barry Drive

... But if you press the button, it may not work.

I had one go off when no one else was on - driver's radio set it off?

400:D

On the subject of the wireless buttons, I must say while using the new Arctic's I spotted someone nearly miss their stop due to lack of working buttons around them.

smitho

522 has had a long holiday on the Tuggy bricks in recent times - braking issues.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on May 04, 2013, 10:36:08 PM
522 has had a long holiday on the Tuggy bricks in recent times - braking issues.

But has no returned to service.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 12, 2013, 11:54:22 AM

With the receiver is also still installed.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 05, 2013, 05:42:16 PM
I caught 522 last week

It must have been released by workshop staff "on concession".

Bus 400

Bus 525 was spotted dead running out of Tuggeranong Depot this afternoon.

King of Buses

525 has been operating the 661 School Bus a couple of times this week.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on May 16, 2013, 01:08:22 PM
525 has been operating the 661 School Bus a couple of times this week.
And later does the 729 departing City West at 1715 (in case anyone wants to find it).

smitho

528 and (presumably) 527 seen @ Woden Depot this morning.

Bus 400

Bus 529 did arrive yesterday.

smitho

527 on Tuggeranong Depot Bricks this morning (Tues 25th June)....

smitho

526 was back on the bricks at Tuggeranong yesterday afternoon, but appeared to be available for service, if required, "on concession".

Bus 400

Bus 530 arrived yesterday.

smitho

526 continues to be a frequent resident on the Tuggeranong bricks while receiving attention from Scania bus doctors....

Bus 400

Bus 531, arrived sometime in the last week (before/on Thursday afternoon).

smitho

Quote from: smitho on July 02, 2013, 11:42:27 PM
526 continues to be a frequent resident on the Tuggeranong bricks while receiving attention from Scania bus doctors....

Observed one of the news Scania artics processing south in darkness this evening on Atthllon Drive, Wanniassa, disabled and wedged between an ACTION truck and ACTION field vehicle, the latter two vehicles with all lights blazing and flashing lights flashing....quite an impressive sight....can't confirm whether it was the troublesome 526 .....

Barry Drive

It wasn't 526, 526 was actually in service and didn't break down.

523 lost power at Woden having completed half of a 770.

Bus 400

Bus 526 was allowed out today on AFL charters. I know Bus 526 made it as far as Manuka Oval. Another member may be able to shed some light on its return trip.

smitho

Understand that 526 made it back to Tuggeranong Depot in fine fashion and without incident, dropping a good load of footy punters (ex GWS/Bulldogs game at Manuka) off @ Woden Interchange at around 1700....

Bus 400

Bus 528 has been spotted in service this afternoon.

smitho

526, 527 and 528 were garaged with other older Scania and Renault artics at T Depot on 10 July 13; however 526 has restricted availability (under Workshops direction) at present.

ajw373

Quote from: smitho on July 10, 2013, 11:26:28 PM
526, 527 and 528 were garaged with other older Scania and Renault artics at T Depot on 10 July 13; however 526 has restricted availability (under Workshops direction) at present.

I saw both 527 and 528 out and about yesterday (11/7) evening around 5, maybe 5:30pm. 527 was pulling into the depot bus stop in Belconnen operating a 710 and 528 was right behind heading out on a 43 to Dunlop and back. I also spotted the same bus later near Charnwood shops and then Archdall Sreet in Dunlop.

So are these both Tuggeranong buses or have they been allocated, maybe even temporarily to Belconnen. I thought it odd to see both doing peak hour runs to/in Belconnen if they are Tuggeranong buses.

Barry Drive

Nope. Both are Tuggeranong buses/shifts. (I also saw both of these - it was about 1645 at Belconnen.)

ajw373

I can half understand the 710, but geez, what kind of scheduling system has a high capacity Tuggeranong based bus doing a full loop 43 in Belconnen at the time one would think the capacity is needed for outbound routes towards Tuggeranong as opposed to outbound and inbound 43 in Belco.

Bus 400

So that bus only does 43's does it?

Some of these odd sightings could be bus drivers getting practice on a new toy while said toy isn't required to school runs. The same can be said for Renaukt attics, taking the old girls out one last time.

ajw373

Clearly not, just seems odd having a high capacity articulated bus doing a run like that at the very time when you would think an articulated bus would be on a run run that need high capacity buses and a 43 at 4:45 is not a run that needs such as bus. Would be interesting to see where it came from before doing the 43 and where it went to next and how much dead running it needed to do. Maybe Mr Coe is onto something with his dead running campaign.

The Love Guru

It is not unusual to have artics on non-artic shifts. The school holiday rosters are from a time before the low floor artics were in service and now when low floor rigids get short in supply they may supplement it with an artic. Workshops also like to have the newer artics out on the road as much as possible in the holidays to get any teething issues sorted out before school goes back when demand for the them is extremely high.