Cooleman Court

Started by CanberraTransport, May 11, 2008, 11:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanberraTransport

Aldi will be opening in Cooleman Court in early 2009 - along with a number of other retailers. It is a part of a $12.4million upgrade of the centre. Unfortunately though, a number of decent stores have now closed - including Freddy Frapples, Best Buy Meats, Go-Lo and Jersey's for Work and Play. There is no word on which stores will be replacing them. But temporary white walls have been erected, and construction has commenced on most of the new retailers. Full details can be found at http://www.coolemancourt.com.au - but I will keep you posted on any developments.

Irisbus Rider

You shop at Cooleman Court? And you'll admit it? Eeeeeewww.....

Busnerd

Oh thank god those stores shut, they all suck and the only partially good one is =go=lo= or "goal-o" as knobs call it. I mean who the FUCK calls a store Freddy Frapples and who the hell posts that it is a GOOD store, get out CT, just get out...the only good things about cooleman court are the secretly good toilets which you expect to be crap but are all marble etc. and the chickens that used to move up and down on top of the chicken shop. Otherwise, meh.

Buzz Killington

and having just one escalator just screams poor planning

bubzie

And having both aldi AND woolies in the same small building screams "look at me! i want to be like lanyon marketplace!!"

(oh right, both made by same designer, might explain it!)

bubzie

oh, and i actulary did go to the coolo (haha) yesterday, and it looks like a ghost town.

It can stay that way, as far as im conserned!!

CanberraTransport

To respond to your comments...
- I agree that initially placing one esculator in the centre was bad; A new travellator is being installed, allowing easier access to the top of the building.
- Freddy Frapples is the name of a person, not just a meaningless brand
- I posted "good stores" very loosely; I meant that the stores appealed to a very large amount of shoppers, but not me in particular. The only store that appealed to me was the 'Jersey's for Work and Play' shop.

Buzz Killington

do you have shares in the place or something?

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 11, 2008, 05:58:01 PM
do you have shares in the place or something?

Scene: CT sitting in front of the TV wathcing Jessica Good.
Good: "And on the stock market today, Cooleman Court is up 0.8 of a per cent...
CT: "Whooo hoo"
Good: "...after a drastic fall of 90 per cent."
CT: "D'oh"
Good: "This would come as horrifying news for the company's sole share holder, Mike .........."

(This reminds me of something... lol)

lukeo25

i've been there once and it was ok but i hated it

Buzz Killington

Quote from: lukeo25 on May 11, 2008, 08:51:12 PM
i've been there once and it was ok but i hated it

quoted for ridicule

Bus 400

The only good shop at Cooleman Court is the Newsagency as it was the only place that I could find certain magazines. But until I did a bucket collection for the Rivers Bushfire Brigade, I had no idea how big it was. I hope that the second floor will be better utilised rather then office space.

Irisbus Rider

You collected buckets off people? Oh, the calamity.......

bubzie

What, you didnt know how big the buckets were?

they cant be that big :)

Busnerd

No john, he means he stood outside with a bucket with a hole in it, dressed up as a fireman and collected donations for whatever he mentioned above.

bubzie

no, the way he put it, he sounded like he was collecting buckets from the citizens of ..the creek. get a joke? :P

Buzz Killington

a joke? where?

his post actually made sense to me

Busnerd

Bus 400

Well we did raise over $3000 in 3 hours.
Quote from: Busnerd on May 12, 2008, 06:19:05 PM
thats a first!
I always make sense.

Jack Bauer

Yeeep, you suuuuure do

Busnerd

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

Oh No! Not Freddy Frapples! The Teen with the 80's Perm and Bangle earing's will have no where to shop now!

And TP3000, Maybe you should get a gig at standup? You would be a RIOT with the above jokes such as 'I always make sense'. You already have two Fans, Mr President and Mat Darling.

Irisbus Rider

Now I'm confused :P

3 grand in 3 hours is more absurd than you doing 190 km/h to overtake a truck! Hold on, you said that too.....

Bus 400

Well we did get alot of $20 notes & a few $50 & hundreds of $1 & $2 coins. In fact we filled 10 buckets with coins & sorted it all out into those stupid bank bags. When we could of gone to the Commonwealth Bank & used their mmachine.

Busnerd

How are bank bags stupid?

Ive always found them very usefull, only problem I ever had with them was bosses not letting me draw a dollar sign on said bag/sack.

Banks have better things to do than use their machines to count money you arent giving them, if you wanted to swap it over they would have had to count it all anyway hence making your original counting pointless.

Bus 400

You do realise I am talking about those tony coin things. here you need th exact number of coins. At the Commonwealth Bank, they pour the money in & it sorts it all out & counts it & has given me extra money.

bubzie

your making no sence again............

Buzz Killington

CanberraTransport

Cooleman Court has seen some major changes within recent weeks. The newsagency has been scaled back (permanently - though it will get a new look shopfront, including a new entrance in the south mall, in early 2009) to facilitate a temporary walkway, as the centre court area is being redeveloped. This has closed entry to the middle area and the staircase. Access to the shops spanning from Woolworths to the Pharmacy is available only via the ramp, and then travelling through narrow passage ways. Sakeena's Cafe has been closed until August, and it will be expanding into the space formerly occupied by the Weston Kiosk (which housed Tattersalls and Westpac). The centre court area will be opened in November - and is described as the main aspect of the layout changes. It is understood that the revamped centre will have an emphasis on fresh foods.

bubzie

it still looks really, really, really shit.

and screams poor design!!

(But the toilets! woah!! trippy!!)

Busnerd

The toilets there are great!

They are all marble in appearance and could only be improved with a dyson airblade

bubzie

CanberraTransport

Aldi opens on Thursday, and Woolworths will start revamping its store from 2nd February.

Irisbus Rider

I should be there for the grand opening of Aldi. Aldi, yay! :P

Buzz Killington

might have a stickybeak next time i *shudder* find myself in the weston area

lukeo25

Yay aldi in weston instead having to go 2 tuggers for roller cola (watch peter kay roller cola on youtube then you will see what i mean)

Buzz Killington

Busnerd

CT, No one uses the term 'revamp' anymore...

I think you mean refurbish.

lukeo25

Roller Cola - cheap coke from aldi or any coke product below $1

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Busnerd on January 26, 2009, 07:03:00 PM
CT, No one uses the term 'revamp' anymore...

I think you mean refurbish.
Thats right! They Refurbished Weston Creek town centre! Ha!

Barry Drive

Have they installed the new signs there yet? Last week I had a morning run which started at CC and they were removing the old signs above the entrances.

Bus 400

I went past last week & there was an Aldi sign above the southern entrance.

Busnerd

Its not refurbished john.

If you mean the shopping centre then it is correct, but if you mean the whole town centre then it is redevelop

CanberraTransport

No new Cooleman Court signage has been applied, but the entry in the Woolworths end of the centre is currently being "refurbished" which is why it has been torn down.

Bus 400

Checked out Cooleman Court on Thursday. It looks quite weird with most of it boarded up.

I think it is different how ALDI is on the top floor, but it is good that they are making use of the second floor for retail.

lukeo25

went yesterday to the new aldi to get some "roller cola" and other stuff looks good

Busnerd

Please stop with the roller cola...its just a generic home brand one like home brand, you'll love coles or LA ice...

lukeo25

thats what my mum ca;ls it (you don't get northern western british humour do you)

Sir Pompously

Clearly not, seeing we are Australian. Cooleman Court, so easy to find us. We're just off the parkway.