0 (0%)
Westfield Belconnen
2 (22.2%)
Westfield Woden
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Buzz Killington

Just curious..

Canberra Centre = much better since they extended it. JB Hifi, Borders and Big W were much needed additions.

DFO = meh. Nothing of real interest out there.

Hyperdome = despite being the closest shopping centre to me, there's nothing there that I can't get somewhere else that has more choice.

Westfield Belco -bloody ugly and again, not much there that can't be gotten elsewhere.

Westfield Woden - Pretty decent.

I think Canberra Centre gets my vote..

Snorzac

I am going to say Westfield Belconnen, especially after the improvements. They look great! I was in the Westfield Marketing presentation and saw everything about it. (I was only there for the free movie after it)

Buzz Killington

any points of interest you took away from the presentation? new anchor tenants etc?

Snorzac

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 25, 2009, 08:11:43 PM
any points of interest you took away from the presentation? new anchor tenants etc?

They are mainly focussing on a new fresh food precinct as well as a fashion one

lukeo25

Canberra Centre my fav because it has borders (my source of some rail related magazines and manga) and JB HiFi near each other, dendy for many international films i go and see and anime, good clothes shops and Smiggle :D

Irisbus Rider

Could I enter Kippax into this discussion? :P

Seriously though, Kippax has got everything you need, without the hustle and bustle of the centre of town, plue you're bound to bump into a familiar face! It's great!

Snorzac

If you say that then Jamo shits all over Kippax.

Bus 400

Lanyon's one of the better ones. Erindale suits its purpose as a big Kambah Village to serve Wanniassa/Oxley/Fadden/Gilmore/etc

Sir Pompously

I Think Buzz Kill is looking more for major centres, or the major shopping centre in each town centre. If you wanted, a similar thread could be set up for the smaller suburb group centres (We already have a Supermarket thread which focuses on the local shops).

Personally I like Canberra Centre. North Quarter has really lifted it to become one the best in the ACT. Shop wise, and for ambiance inside the centre it is second to none. With modern facilities and boutique stores, it caters for an upmarket end of the market, aswell as the lower end of the market with stores such as Big W and your usual $2 shops. It also has sensor taps (Like in Japan, just thought I would slip that in there) which I just love.

Snorzac

lukeo25

why isn't gungahlin on this list ?

CanberraTransport

Irisbus Rider

Hyperdome? No, they have crap ads.
DFO? Never been there. But I suppose it is near a railway line, hmmmmmm.
Canberra Centre? I dunno, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.
Westfield Woden? Ha ha, no chance.
Westfield Belconnen? Yeah, it's alright I suppose, the best one on the list so far. But if the Gungahlin Marketplace were there, it'd have my vote.

Buzz Killington

- Kippax is a dump
- Gungahlin not on there because The G and the Marketplace aren't much more than group centres, really.