EXPRESS BUS- NO STOPS

Started by CNG, April 22, 2010, 07:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNG

I think action should make an intertown express bus, only stoping at all the major interchanges, as I have noticed the intertown is very slow and tends to be just stop, start, stop,start and the steertags could be allocated to this run. Good name for it would be jet.

The Love Guru

Quote from: CNG on April 22, 2010, 07:00:12 AM
I think action should make an intertown express bus, only stoping at all the major interchanges, as I have noticed the intertown is very slow and tends to be just stop, start, stop,start and the steertags could be allocated to this run. Good name for it would be jet.

Bus tend to stop and start, its how we get the passengers on and off.

There used to be an express service from City to Woden in the peaks, route 999. Also there is pretty much an express service from City to Belco in route 710. There would be next to no time saving having the bus go express on this sector, and i think it would be a similar story from city to woden. The woden to Tuggies leg can get slowed down alot, however most Tuggeranong suburbs have Expresso routes that avoid Athlon Dr. (awaiting Ryans expected 170 bitchfest)

King of Buses

I Reckon that the Intertown should stop at

Tuggeranong Interchange
Kambah - Learmonth dr / Athllon Dr
Mawson Park 'n' Ride
Woden Bus Depot
Woden Interchange
Phillip swimming Pool
Albert Hall
London Cct
City Interchange
Barry Dr
Calvary Hospital
CISAC
Belconnen Bus Stations

and they Wouldn't use the Steer tags because since when now do they use artics mainly on the Intertown so they should just continue using , Scania L94UB, MAN 18:310, Irises on the Intertown

Buzz Killington

There needs to be a direct Tuggeranong Interchange > City Interchange route. No pickup or set-down between the two.

Barry Drive

They don't use artics on the intertown much because they are not accessible. And at peak hours the artics have other things to do (Xpressos). But watch out - 14.5s are coming to the intertown routes VERY soon.

CNG

Im saying start a service simmalar to REDEX but along the intertown corridor