Stoddart Shelters

Started by Bus 503, January 26, 2016, 01:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

Stop 3382 (Ellenborough Street Lyneham opposite 'The Sanctuary') has recently had some new white concrete applied. They've installed two white concrete 'pads', one in front of the bike path, and one behind. I'd hope they install a shelter there, but there doesn't look like there's enough room for a bunker or an ADSHEL/CAM Shelter or it will run into the bike path.

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 14, 2015, 07:16:21 AM
The stops on Ellenborough street Kaleen now have new concrete around them (photos attached) and have been moved about 5 meters from their original spot.

A later addition now features a stair hand-rail for people who can't manage to get up or down those stairs on Stop 4821.

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 503 on January 26, 2016, 01:43:49 PM
Stop 3382 (Ellenborough Street Lyneham opposite 'The Sanctuary') has recently had some new white concrete applied. They've installed two white concrete 'pads', one in front of the bike path, and one behind. I'd hope they install a shelter there, but there doesn't look like there's enough room for a bunker or an ADSHEL/CAM Shelter or it will run into the bike path.

A new bus shelter has been installed at Stop 3382 behind the cycle path. I'm not sure what type of shelter it is, but it looks like a newer type of CAM shelter which you find in the newer suburbs of Weston* Creek.

I haven't had a good look at the new shelter and I will post a picture of it when I get the chance to photograph it so I can illustrate what I mean.

*Mod Edit - Adjust spelling

Bus 503

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 13, 2016, 08:36:21 PM
A new bus shelter has been installed at Stop 3382 behind the cycle path. I'm not sure what type of shelter it is, but it looks like a newer type of CAM shelter which you find in the newer suburbs of Western Creek.

I haven't had a good look at the new shelter and I will post a picture of it when I get the chance to photograph it so I can illustrate what I mean.

Here are some photos of the new shelter which has been installed at Stop 3382 in North Lyneham. From what I've observed, it seems to be a bit difficult to see your bus approaching when you are inside the shelter waiting because it's so far back from the road and there are bushes which block the road out from where the shelter is located.
I think it is a CAM shelter.

Busfanatic101

I seem to recall seeing a new one identical to the pics posted by Bus 503 near Wanniassa Hills Primary recently

Barry Drive

Based on the current contract, these shelters are supplied by "Stoddart Infrastructure". (The bike cages may have also been supplied by the same company.)

Sylvan Loves Buses

theres a new one at Wanniassa Shops too I think

vnguyen

Those shelters looked like the ones at Canberra Hospital on Bateson Rd. Is that the same company or different ones?

Buzz Killington

Think there's one on Livingston Ave in Kambah too

Barry Drive

Quote from: vnguyen on April 23, 2016, 02:06:05 PM
Those shelters looked like the ones at Canberra Hospital on Bateson Rd. Is that the same company or different ones?
Not certain, they might be CAM or someone else again. But they were installed before the current contract with Stoddart.

Meanwhile the new "major" stop on Launceston St is going in today. It's a long version Stoddart shelter.

Barry Drive

One has gone in on Mary Potter Cct - at the relocated bus stop (closer to the car park). Although it's not yet open.

And it's old news by now - another went in opposite Ainslie Shops which used to have an aluminium shelter.

Barry Drive

A new Stoddart has gone in on Eastern Valley Way outside the Wayfarer apartments, although it's still fenced off.

Bus 400

What looks to be a Stoddart major shelter (featuring display panels) have been installed at both stops on Athllon Dr @ Wanniassa P&R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

The consensus is that the Wanniassa shelters are major AdShels. Quite possibly relocated from Gunghalin, rather than new.

Barry Drive

(As passed on to me by Bus 400)

There is a tender closing soon for "supply and installation of metaal (sic) framed glass bus shelters on bus routes in new Canberra suburbs."

So they may not be Stoddart shelters, it will depend on what the tenderer can source.

But it does look like Higgins will again miss out on getting new shelters.