Request an Accessible Bus

Started by Buzz Killington, August 27, 2009, 07:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

This section has recently popped up on the ACTION Website:

--

Accessible bus requests

ACTION is committed to providing an accessible bus service for all Canberrans.

If you have a regular requirement for a wheelchair accessible bus on your service contact ACTION to register your request . Please provide your name, address, bus route and preferred time of travel. Where possible ACTION will make every attempt to meet this request. If ACTION is not able to meet this request immediately it will endeavour to do so with future network planning.

--

smitho

That's a very good initiative.

Did you notice also that ACTION's on-line timetables now identify which runs are wheelchair accessible?

Bus 400

I suppose this is being done with the new MAN's coming online soon.

Hopefully that data that is only available online  gets put on the printed timetables one day soon.

That is one thing I've noticed recently, even details about school runs & how to request them has changed in the way that there is more information available to the public.

particleman

Quote from: TP 3000 on August 28, 2009, 09:08:12 PMeven details about school runs & how to request them
Wait, you can request school runs?
But back to the main topic, I think it's a good idea for the accessible bus requests, but how is it done? Would the requester have to call before the route starts? at the beginning of the day? a few days beforehand?

Buzz Killington

I think it is intended to cater to those who regularly catch a particular service (e.g. 10am 62 from Woden) which is currently serviced by a Renault.