Twelve new shelters

Started by Barry Drive, November 19, 2015, 06:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

They may not be CAM shelters, but they certainly look like them: some new shelters are going in - so far at Palmerston shops and Whitrod Av, Casey (both sides).

Update: these are Stoddart shelters.

Bus 400

A media release for the 12 new shelters has been released on Tuesday  & can b e seen at http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/open_government/inform/act_government_media_releases/gentleman/2015/new-bus-shelters-installed-at-neighbourhood-stops

The new stops will be at:

1. Osburn Drive, Macgregor
2. Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston
3. Whitrod Avenue, Casey, with two stops
4. Redruth Street, Crace, with two stops
5. Braybrooke Street, Bruce, with two stops
6. Streeton Drive, Rivett and Stirling at two stops
7. Livingston Avenue, Kambah
8. Bowes Street, Phillip

Unless Platform 18 or 19 at Woden Bus Station is to get a new shelter, I can't guess where this new shelter will go. I do know that work is going on at the Launceston St,  Tradies stop. But that looks like a candidate for a major shelter.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 03, 2015, 09:13:58 PM
... 8. Bowes Street, Phillip

Unless Platform 18 or 19 at Woden Bus Station is to get a new shelter, I can't guess where this new shelter will go.

Platform 19 Woden has one.

Buzz Killington

Yep, item 8 is referring to the shelter on Pl 19.

I'm told the works on Launceston are for gutter/kerb strengthening. It could certainly use a new shelter though.

smitho

Apparently a new shelter is planned to go in a little way east of the current shelter (ie. closer to the Hellenic Club).

Bus 503

How are bus stops chosen to receive new (AD SHEL or CAM) shelters?

Barry Drive

Road works on Launceston St completed. No evidence of any forthcoming changes to the shelter. (Which is not to say it won't be replaced eventually.)

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on December 04, 2015, 09:34:24 PM
How are bus stops chosen to receive new (AD SHEL or CAM) shelters?
Usually, they will be stops that don't already have a shelter. (Someone had to say it!)

Certainly, some of those new shelters were on newly serviced roads and at locations which may generate significant passenger traffic. As for the rest, might be due to the right people (such as MLAs) requesting shelters.

I wouldn't rate them as the top 11 locations requiring a bus shelter.

Bus 400

Quote from: Barry Drive on December 05, 2015, 06:35:58 PM
Usually, they will be stops that don't already have a shelter. (Someone had to say it!)

The new shelter on Livingston Avenue in Kambah actually replaced one of those flimsy metal shelters.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk