MAN Purchase and Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, January 10, 2009, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 12, 2009, 08:08:37 PM
The ticket machine in 394 doesn't have the small screen facing the passengers. The wording on the buttons is also different, I suspect it is one of the machines ACTION bought from another company (I think it was Darwin).

I kept on thinking the machine was missing something but just couldn't picture it.
As far as I am aware, Darwin Bus Service do not use Wayfarer machines (That is according to this months TA Magazine). They may have been from Perth. Or it may have just had the screen removed. The other option is they may be second hand from an international operator.

belcodriver

I've also heard that ACTION got Validators/Wayfarers from Darwin when they retired them but that's all I know.

Snorzac

I believe the consoles are from Busways

Bus 400

Has anyone here seen the new MAN's kneel yet? Yesterday the driver of 396 tried to, but the bus wouldn't kneel.

Snorzac

It is the same as the gas MANs, they are using the wrong button, there is two. with the button they are using the bus will go down but won't stay down unless they hold the button

Bus 400

Yay there is a new cheat. The cheat in the gas MAN's is to push the up button just before the doors shut. Otherwise you're stuck there until the bus is at ride height. But now all they have to do it let go of the button

Buzz Killington

A site visitor informs us that 397 was spotted in service this morning.

Snorzac

I did neglect to mention that I saw 399 operating a 318 this afternoon.

Bus 400

The Tuggeranong allocated MAN 18.320's have been allocated an area next to the artics. 2/3 of these were in service when I went past.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 14, 2009, 04:39:52 PM
The Tuggeranong allocated MAN 18.320's have been allocated an area next to the artics. 2/3 of these were in service when I went past.
"In service" - WTF are you talking about? 4 were parked in the sheds, the other 2 were parked on "the bricks".

Lemon reports that 402 has arrived at Belconnen Depot and is destined to be Tuggeranong's 7th (and final) Redex bus. Which means all new MANs after 403 will be for general service.

Bus 400

I couldn't see any pod-less green buses at Tuggeranong bricks

Snorzac

Martin reports that the final Redex bus (403) was delivered to Belconnen depot today. The next one 404 will be for general service.

Snorzac

BUS 400 has a different numberplate to the others. I spotted it on a 3 leaving Belconnen about an hour ago.

Barry Drive

The delivery schedule for the MANs are listed in the contract.

ACTM013 & ACTM014 were due to be delievered to MAN (from Custom Coaches) before the end of November - so they should be arriving soon. #15, 16 and 17 are due in December, then 2 buses in January, 7 in February, 3 in March, 3 in April, 2 in May, 2 in June, 3 in July, August, September and October.

Buzz Killington

As revealed on the ACT Bus Twitter feed today, 402 has entered service.

Snorzac

Was it on Redex or general duties? For Martins info it is a Belco bus.

Buzz Killington

I saw it several times during the day, each time on a 727.

I wasn't sure which Depot it was at - the interim article on the Wiki had Tuggeranong so I left it at that, but i'll change that now (if Martin hasn't already)

Barry Drive

Not exactly news, but I did sight 403 inside the Belconnen Workshops last night. Don't know if it will see service this year.

Still no sign of the 2 buses which were due in November.

Barry Drive

403 finally entered service yesterday. Still no sign of any more new ones - at least not at Belconnen depot.

smitho

I haven't seen any newly delivered MAN diesels at Tuggeranong other than the initial batch sent from Belco for Redex; the Tuggy Redex MANs still sport their moustaches whereas I think the Belco ones are now all clean shaven again...

Barry Drive

Yes, the Tuggy ones could do with a shave. They are an embarrassment to the rest.

Barry Drive

'King Long' reported seeing Bus 404 at Belconnen Depot yesterday.

smitho

403 has been operating Redex services this week; still based in Belconnen. I understand another 2 diesel MANs are to go to Tuggeranong in due course.

Snorzac

No they wont. I have been told that tuggy will keep two gas MANs on redex. 404 will be general service.

Snorzac

Ed is the man at the moment, he now reports that 407 has arrived at Belconnen depot.

Buzz Killington

belcodriver

Quote from: King Long on February 09, 2010, 04:38:45 PM
Ed is the man at the moment, he now reports that 407 has arrived at Belconnen depot.

It was parked at next to 406 at the Northern end of the workshops this morning.

Ed

Also, 464 is here (I know, it's not a MAN).

belcodriver

belcodriver

Saw 409 this arvo near the fuelling station, looked like it had just arrived from Adelaide.

Barry Drive

Chris_Guru has reported that 410 arrived today.

404 still hasn't gone out in service (that I could see), which makes 7 new MANs not in service.

lukeo25

I saw 403 speed past epic today so i presume its the latest to enter service or is it not?

Buzz Killington

403 is the latest in service, but its been in service for quite some time.

Barry Drive

The word is that 404 will be in GENERAL service on Monday.

Now we just need to get all of the MANs out on the weekends. If it can be done for show services, it can be done every weekend.

Bus 400

Going by the MAN Contract, Custom Coaches were only required to fit internal screens for the first 10 MAN buses.

But the contract also states that these buses are 18.310 engines.

This contract can be found at (http://www.contractsregister.act.gov.au/contracts/cr.nsf/0/988D66D2DA4ADEB4CA2576500018F955/$File/C09140%20-%20confidential%20text.pdf)

Snorzac

I am yet to ride 402 or 403, do they have screens. If they were only fitting 10 then 399 would be the last one but 401 has one, as does 464.

Irisbus Rider

Well, they'd better all have screens from now on!
Not only does it make the bus look more modern, but it's potential advertising space, as well as real time travel information. They're simply too good to refuse in my opinion!

Snorzac

there is mention of tickiting system fittings on page 34 on the link Bus 400 provided us with.

Snorzac

and according to the delivery schedule in that 427 should already be here

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King Long on March 04, 2010, 12:15:07 AM
I am yet to ride 402 or 403, do they have screens. If they were only fitting 10 then 399 would be the last one but 401 has one, as does 464.

402 has a screen.

Buzz Killington

Excuse the double-post, but King Long reported via Twitter today that 404 has entered service. (Apologies Martin - didn't see your tweet asking if I had seen it until just now)

Barry Drive

All I know is that it was allocated to a shift on Monday, but that shift was then done using 390 until today. I'm not sure whether today was its first day of service or not.

Snorzac

It was on Redex this arvo. Only way to find out would be thew wayfarer. It may be on  a certain shift operating in the West Belconnen area later tonight.

412 is now hear, no sign of 411 though

Snorzac

Can confirm that the first service 404 operated was the 314 I sighted it on this morning.

smitho

Saw 407 outshopped this am @ Belco Depot; got the impression it was ready to go out on the road.

Snorzac

How knows, 405 has a validator bus no console. 415 has arrived, haven't seen 411, 413 or 414 yet.

Bus 400

Quote from: Scania K320UB on March 16, 2010, 06:08:29 PM
haven't seen 411, 413 or 414 yet.

According to a certain twitter feed (that we are all aware of), someone has spotted Bus 414.

Barry Drive

Someone has, but it wasn't me. I was just reporting what I was told by a reliable (non-ACTION) source.

410 and 412 already have their bike racks. 407 did not appear to have a ticket machine and may not even have a radio yet. 405 will be next to go on the road - looks like it just needs a Wayfarer console and it's good to go. I'm sure they could just remove the one from 464 since it won't be needing one for a few weeks (months?).

smitho

Bus 416 is on the Tuggy bricks.

Snorzac