Phased Implementation

Started by CanberraTransport, May 02, 2008, 05:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanberraTransport

QuoteCommunity update - ACTION?s new bus routes and timetables

ACTION has designed a new bus network that has been based on community and driver feedback to deliver a better bus service for Canberrans. ACTION will introduce Network 08 in two phases. This is due to the need to recruit more bus drivers to accommodate the requirements of the new Network.

Phase 1 Network 08

Monday ? Friday, Starts Monday 2 June 2008

Phase 1 will see the introduction of improved Monday to Friday bus services. The improvements will include increased frequency of services and more Xpresso bus routes.

Timetables will be available from Monday 19 May 2008 from Bus Interchanges, Canberra Connect Shopfronts and online at the ACTION website.

Phase 2 Network 08

Saturday and Sunday

This phase will be implemented at a later date. It will align weekend and weekday routes and numbers for a simpler, more consistent, 7-day network. Stay tuned for details.

Weekend Bus Routes

From Monday 2 June 2008

From Monday 2 June 2008, the only change to weekend routes will be that all route numbers will begin with a 9. For example Route 60 will become weekend Route 960.

For weekend bus routes and timetables a booklet containing information about every bus service operating on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays will be available from Monday 19 May 2008 from Bus Interchanges, Canberra Connect Shopfronts and online at the ACTION website.

For weekend routes - Check out the weekend Bus Map

Drivers needed

Would you like to be a bus driver? If you?re interested in joining our friendly, enthusiastic team, call 6207 7537 or visit www.action.act.gov.au

More at
http://www.action.act.gov.au/improvements_to_network.cfm

Buzz Killington

they really should have put "phase two" after "weekend services"

Buzz Killington

check out route 982 on the weekend map - it goes from city interchange up northbourne, then onto flemington, then right onto morrisett drive to the "bimberi centre" .. weird

and another new route! 988 - woden interchange to the alexander machonochie centre

lukeo25

my eyebrows raised at 988 - woden interchange to the alexander machonochie centre but would it service when its opened or now and what a pain in the ***

Bus 400

Also there will be no service out to the Gaol during the week. The 81 is the only one to stay the same number. But for some of the routes, they should of made the weekend route, the same as the weekday route.
Route 982 is just so that Northbourne Ave has frequent bus services. But they should of terminated it at EPIC. As most of the time, Morriset Dr has a locked gate at the Flemington Rd intersection & that track is terrible.
Maybe a route similar to 988 should be introduced, it could start at Tuggeranong, go along Isabella Dr, Monaro Highway, through Hume, Lanyon Dr, Monaro Highway, Gaol, Monaro Highway, Hindmarsh, Callam, Woden. It could be numbered 88, so that it keeps the same number as 788 which also goes from Tuggers area up Monaro Highway.

Irisbus Rider

And there are a few minor changes with the Gungahlin Services, like the (9)56 and the (9)58, now they will both go through Mitchell (yay!) and the (9)58 will go through that new bit of Harrison.
And, the (9)56 will go down Hibberson St, then back around where the back of Coles is. This probably to co-incide with the "Gungahlin Interchange" and the disuse of the Raiders/KFC bus stops. Can't wait to see the new Interchange and terminus in service, it should be much better for Gungahlin residents.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Renault Rider on May 03, 2008, 12:57:15 PM
. This probably to co-incide with the "Gungahlin Interchange" and the disuse of the Raiders/KFC bus stops. Can't wait to see the new Interchange and terminus in service, it should be much better for Gungahlin residents.

new interchange and terminus?? did i miss something?

Barry Drive

I doubt that 982 & 988 will operate until the respective 'centres' are opened, but they are shown for when the routes do eventually operate. (There will also be 82 & 88 on the Monday to Friday services, although these are not shown on the online map.)

Good to see 958 divert through Franklin even if those roads aren't yet open. But why not re-route 956 and 958 along Lysaght & Brookes Sts like the weekday 4?

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 03, 2008, 01:39:48 PM
Quote from: Renault Rider on May 03, 2008, 12:57:15 PM
. This probably to co-incide with the "Gungahlin Interchange" and the disuse of the Raiders/KFC bus stops. Can't wait to see the new Interchange and terminus in service, it should be much better for Gungahlin residents.

new interchange and terminus?? did i miss something?
There will be a terminus up the cak of Coles, and the Interchange are the disused stops on Hibberson St with their appropriate stands.

Sketchy details, but I know a certain member on here knows a lot more about it than I do.....

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Martin on May 03, 2008, 03:50:08 PM
There will also be 82 & 88 on the Monday to Friday services, although these are not shown on the online map

where's that info from, out of interest? Good to see ACTION providing a few more "niche" services again.

Irisbus Rider

I can add that the 82 and the 88 will be operating during the week, from a reliable source within ACTION.

Community service requirements from what I hear....

Buzz Killington

yeah Martin already said that above

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 03, 2008, 09:01:15 PM
yeah Martin already said that above
Yeah, I was just confirming it.

BTW, happy 1000th post "Mr President".

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Can someone tell me if the route numbering system that was brought in for Network '98 has altered or something?
As North/South Canberra & Gungahlin have stuffed up numbers & now 82 & 88 are community routes, when 70-79 where for Community Routes & 80-89 were for special routes.

Also what is there/planned for Bimberi centre? Last time I was out there it was just paddocks & some farm house.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 04, 2008, 04:48:48 PM
quiet you
Yes Sir.

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 04, 2008, 05:42:24 PM
Can someone tell me if the route numbering system that was brought in for Network '98 has altered or something?
As North/South Canberra & Gungahlin have stuffed up numbers & now 82 & 88 are community routes, when 70-79 where for Community Routes & 80-89 were for special routes.

Also what is there/planned for Bimberi centre? Last time I was out there it was just paddocks & some farm house.
I had a look out there, the road is sealed, and all I saw was one of those shipping containers.
As for the community routes, they're not community routes as such, routes that run off peak for the elderley, they're more runs to provide a general service. Is there really a difference? :P

The numbering system is a bit stuffed.....

Jack Bauer

Bus 400

Anybody's source within ACTION wouldn't happen to be Jenny would it?

I sent an e-mail off to ACTION asking them about 982 & 988.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 05, 2008, 04:45:06 PM
Anybody's ACTION wouldn't happen to be Jenny would it?

what?

Bus 400

So I missed a few words, all fixed up now.

bubzie

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Didnt sound suss at all.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

In relaton to the e-mail I sent off to ACTION. I got a reply from a new person today.
Dear Julian
I refer to your email below.
Thank you for bringing these things to our attention. We are now fixing the weekend route map 81 to be route 981. The weekday map will show the route 982 and 988 (as per weekend map) but will have an information box stating that they operate once the centres open, these boxes will be put on the weekend maps also.
I hope this information is of assistance.
Kind regards
Customer Liaison Officer
ACTION
These changes haven't yet occured though.

Buzz Killington

kinda pointless blocking your name out given that it is clearly displayed in your user profile's email box, but thanks.

Buzz Killington

i may be reading too much into this but in the description table it says

Weekends and Public Holidays: Refer to ACTION's Weekend Bus Book

Wishful thinking, but why the hell can't they bring this back?

Sir Pompously

LOL. Noticed that myself thinking 'we have a weekend what book now?'. I am a bus book supporter, even the bus pack was good as then you were not stuck with having to collect all the routes timetables!!

Transit graphics certainly will get its monies worth from ACTION I can tell you that, with all these map changes.

Bus 400

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 09, 2008, 07:45:53 PM
Dear Julian
I refer to your email below.
We are now fixing the weekend route map 81 to be route 981. The weekday map will show the route 982 and 988 (as per weekend map) but will have an information box stating that they operate once the centres open, these boxes will be put on the weekend maps also.
I hope this information is of assistance.
Kind regards
Customer Liaison Officer
ACTION
These changes haven't yet occured though.
Hopefully when the Network timetables are released on Monday, this detail will be shown as it is yet to be on the online maps.

Barry Drive

So 81 on weekends will be 981 despite it being the same route?

The Monday-Friday network map which was delivered this weekend has NOT been updated to include 82 and 88 nor have some other errors been fixed (such as Kingston shops).

Buzz Killington

so the network map was delivered this weekend?

curse that no junk mail sign!

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, got my crisp copy today.

And there will be a weekend bus book.

Buzz Killington

a bus BOOK? as in the 90's style?

Irisbus Rider

Nah, just all the weekend services in one convinient booklet.

Buzz Killington

hmm, i'll have to wander over to the interchange tomorrow to check this out

Bus 400

Quote from: Renault Rider on May 18, 2008, 08:38:53 PM
Nah, just all the weekend services in one convinient booklet.

Maybe it'll be in that sty;le of those chrissie services of past.

bubzie

i got the booklet today. ..and found someone else in the household had thrown it straight into the recycling bin. ha!

but yes, i shall make sure i do investigate these timetables and such before school toomorrow, hurah!

Bus 400

Does anyone have an idea of when these timetables will be posted online?

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Quote from: Charles Logan on May 18, 2008, 10:37:26 PM
tomorrow probably

But what time? Also they have been a bit slow updating things online.

I have also just worked out why alot of info is missing on those brochures-They were printed for the 26 April start date. But have been left to grow mould in Hargraves car.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 18, 2008, 10:39:27 PM
But what time? Also they have been a bit slow updating things online.

I have also just worked out why alot of info is missing on those brochures-They were printed for the 26 April start date. But have been left to grow mould in Hargraves car.
i dunno.. whatever time their web people get to work and do it??

and if they were printed for the 26 april release date, why do the front covers of said brochures clearly state "PHASE ONE BEGINS 2 JUNE" ???[

Irisbus Rider

The official release is 11am, so sometime after that I guess.

Busnerd

I woke up at 11.30 to messages from everyone saying "timetables timetables timetables" and went online and looked at them all..

Buzz Killington

i fought my way into the ACTION shopfront in bailey's corner at lunchtime to grab them.

go in there when you get a chance guys, they have one of ACTION's new "pillar" bus stops on display. They are quite tall (7ft at least) and lots of info - maps etc. Big new ACTION logo at the top, and the whole thing is orange.

bubzie

i got some at tuggers before AND after school today..there was one chick there with an action cap who must of been an epic fail. i asked if there was any other buses that goes past calwell shops than the 11, and she said that there wasnt. whats the 67 then? :D

Buzz Killington

OMG

get your action cap and reflective vest on bronwyn and get down there, you're obviously far more qualified than she

Irisbus Rider

The far more alarming thing would be if bubzie had any of those, an ACTION cap or high vis vset, ha ha :P

lukeo25

they have a totem pole at southlands now and a few on the route down towards tuggers

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, they're all up the Intertown now :D

Latest reports for phased implementation is now that it will happen in October.

bubzie

yeah, i saw them at southlands today as well *oscar eyes*

and they're all over tuggeranong as well..

..basically, they're all on the intertown so far..

Sir Pompously

All on the Intertown, All on the two 15 minute High Frequency corridors. You will also see some scattered elsewhere around the network, as I have seen some (Just cannot remember where!).