997 crashes into Kippax Centre

Started by CanberraTransport, May 22, 2008, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanberraTransport

An un-manned 997 today crashed into the Kippax Centre's medical centre (which was empty at the time). No one injured, of course.

Buzz Killington

what's the source? any pix?

CanberraTransport

WIN News is the source, and if you manage to record the Late Edition (at 11.30pm) and upload it - then there will be footage for all. lol

Buzz Killington

wow you're a demanding kid. you're lucky that i'll be up at 11.30 tonight so i'll set a tape and go to sleep

damn, i generally watch win news and didnt tonight for some reason. saw a short clip of footage right at the end.

CanberraTransport

lol it didn't look very damaged from looking at the footage.

Busnerd

Well as usual, since im not a local anymore i dont get any scoops...

The bus (997) crashed into the Post Office at Kippax Fair at approximately 4.30pm this afternoon.

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, gees, some driver's set for a bluey :P

Sir Pompously

But you're not a local Mat, you don't know what goes on in Canberra :P.

It had to happen to a PR100.3. Ver ist ze Driver! I Vill get Ze Vind up him for Zat. Even though that is more a Germania accent then French, I still make my point as such.

My poor French Temptress, how dare she be treated with such Carelessness? :P

Bus 400

What is it with 900 series buses crashing in west belconnen area?

CanberraTransport

http://the-riotact.com/?p=7558 - more photographs, and some very cheeky/humourous comments, available.

bubzie

ahh. the riot act. totally unbelieveable news source :D

but hmm, i see some new route proposal to 'the front of kippax post office' turning into a great idea. haha.

Bus 400

Also the new ACTION slogan is "Going Your Way" & people that got off that bus probably where going into Kippax Fair. So the bus was just going their way.

Busnerd

Quote from: CanberraTransport on May 23, 2008, 09:37:58 PM
http://the-riotact.com/?p=7558 - more photographs, and some very cheeky/humourous comments, available.

your fkn obsessed with that website..

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 24, 2008, 01:20:50 AM
Also the new ACTION slogan is "Going Your Way" & people that got off that bus probably where going into Kippax Fair. So the bus was just going their way.

Fail.

Busnerd

For those without access to clicking a link...

Buzz Killington

Sir Pompously

Cept for the old Alcatel! One wishes they would replace it with a Hanover/Mobitec, however one knows they won't!

Busnerd

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 23, 2008, 09:35:41 PM
What is it with 900 series buses crashing in west belconnen area?

oh ffs!

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Sir Pompously on May 24, 2008, 12:15:56 PM
Cept for the old Alcatel! One wishes they would replace it with a Hanover/Mobitec, however one knows they won't!

Next time you see it in service it might have desto winders  ;D