Which Terminus #29 - Expires 2nd March 2018

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, February 15, 2018, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

How good are you at identifying bus terminii and interchanges of Canberra from the skies?

Get it right and you get to contribute to my monthly bus drawing collection.

Game rules:

• 1 entry/guess each*. Please do not private message the answer to me, there is no shame for posting an incorrect answer.
    Hints will be posted regularly to aid those who are unsure or to encourage those who do know the answer. If no one guesses before the date limit, the round will be cancelled and no one will be selected to contribute for this months drawing.
  • In your entry, please state the Terminus, Interchange/Station, or Suburb name, please do not use bus stop numbers or street name/s unless requested.
  • Previous round winners are not be excluded unless they have won the previous two rounds.
  • No disputes/controversies over my naming of each location.
  • No cheating or copying other users answers.

* - Please be advised, that participating requires your input for the artwork. Failure to do so will add a cross to my private statistics list.
Instructions will be privately messaged to you soon after you submit the correct answer. I do have limitations in what I can draw, I will notify you to discuss alterations if something is not possible.
The due date is also valid for submitting details. A reminder will be sent to you a few days beforehand, but if nothing is received the round will cancel as normal. I may even cancel a round before the date if an inspiring idea comes to mind.

The link to view the development shots of the previous round will be provided soon after this round commences.

What does this one look like?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Skitube

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Game rulesplease do not use bus stop numbers or street name/s unless requested.

There was no request, and no.

Busfanatic101

muke

King of Buses

Quote from: muke on February 19, 2018, 01:37:24 PM
Is that the Watson terminus?

The Watson Terminus? But which one? There's about 5 or 6 of them, with at least 3 still used by some sort of service. And at least 4 of them have, at some point, been called "Watson Terminus" or a slight variation thereupon.

muke

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: muke on February 19, 2018, 01:37:24 PM
Is that the Watson terminus?

Yes it is. The details will be sent to you soon.

Quote from: King of Buses on February 19, 2018, 02:47:37 PM
The Watson Terminus? But which one? There's about 5 or 6 of them, with at least 3 still used by some sort of service. And at least 4 of them have, at some point, been called "Watson Terminus" or a slight variation thereupon.

(*insert massive sigh emoji here*) - I have asked in the past about stuff like this, but the questions are always ignored. Could you please private message me these locations KoB, I'd be very interested to know.

Sylvan Loves Buses

And yes, this is the terminus outside the old Ten Network Studio (or whatever it's called now...)

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 20, 2018, 09:21:55 AMI have asked in the past about stuff like this, but the questions are always ignored.

Some such examples:
Reply #21 of the Infrastructure Discussion asking about the alternate Spence Terminus.
Soon followed by Reply #24 which was replied to but by an obscurantist.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 20, 2018, 09:21:55 AM
the questions are always ignored.
Like you did this one?

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on February 18, 2018, 10:13:11 PM
Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 15, 2018, 03:24:45 PMplease do not use bus stop numbers or street name/s unless requested.
Why?
The more specific the better, and if you were happy to take street names it wouldn't matter what people may call it or how many in a suburb. And if we're guessing suburbs, theres only so many in Canberra and much fewer which haven't been named yet in your 29 rounds, so you could even guess randomly and have a decent chance of getting it right.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I didn't actually see that comment, sorry. It didn't show up when I clicked on KoB's link from the recent posts thing at the bottom of the home page.

Why? Well because most of these places I'm not actually familiar with, and it can often be a pain to look them up on google maps, cause it lands in Europe or America sometimes, and cause pretty much most of the Terminii that I have covered so far have just been the suburb, area, or Interchange name. I know there are some out there that aren't the suburb name, but just keep an eye out for the rule, as it may disappear every now and again indicating a hidden clue to the fact that the round that doesn't have it as I don't call it by its suburb name.

Enough discussion, let's leave the last post on here to be the finished artwork.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Details missed/not possible:
  • people