Overbridge before trafficlights ALT 23, Pialligo and Morshead Dr

Started by Sir Pompously, December 22, 2008, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Has anyone been over this re-constructed bridge? They have made it from 2+1 lanes to 5 lanes and the bridge is extremely tight. It is unsafe, as the two southbound lanes cannot hold two semi's side by side without the semi in lane two crossing over the double lines to take up 1 quarter of the 3rd northbound lane. Even in my laser I find it hard to drive with another car next to me on the southbound lanes and fear being hit by an oncoming semi when waiting in the 3rd northbound lane when waiting for the turning signal. It is a cheaply done reconstruction, I don't think they planned it very well. I should try and get some photos of it, as it is quite dangerous!

Buzz Killington

im keen to check the new flyover out, but i havent had any reason to go out that way just yet.

Busnerd

Well try get some photos, alternatively, send in a complaint to the government, using the feedback form ryan uses to let them know of missing street signs and ask them to have another look at it or something, saying that you believe the lane widths and spacings are too small.

Sir Pompously

I don't believe they are too small, Moonpig, I know they are :P Yeah I am waiting to get some photos as proof to send in with a complaint.

Irisbus Rider

It's not that bad, I mean, it's a sign of the times, if Sydney can deal with it, we can, I guess.

Sir Pompously

Ahhh this is worse than Sydney. Sydney atleast two can fit side by side, two trucks on this bridge actually cross over to the oncoming lanes. Not good.

Irisbus Rider

Then thats a problem, for a city thats supposed to be better than Sydney.