Cooleman Court

Started by CanberraTransport, May 11, 2008, 11:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

what could be funny about roller cola?

Its not even called that....

unless your assuming we all have heavy british accents and think we will think of it as "roll er' cola"

Barry Drive

Quote from: CanberraTransport on January 27, 2009, 11:25:57 PM
No new Cooleman Court signage has been applied, but the entry in the Woolworths end of the centre is currently being "refurbished" which is why it has been torn down.
New signage now installed. Gone is the circle in a circle logo.

Bus 400

It only has a boring sign of "Cooleman Court Mirvac Property Group" on a plain orange background.

There are also lots of boarded up shops.

CanberraTransport

I today noticed that several shops were closed due to the discovery of asbestos. The newsagency was amongst those affected.

ABC has now produced an article:
QuoteThe ACT Government has confirmed that asbestos has been found at the Cooleman Court Shopping Centre at Weston Creek.

Workers wearing protective suits and face masks cleaned out four shops in the centre yesterday.

But the Government says the material does not pose an immediate health risk, and there is no need to issue an official health alert.

Bus 400

The Canberra Times had an exclusive in yesterday's (Saturday) paper. Apparently the Mirvac Group were going to try & keep it all hush hush. However a trader informed the paper. A few shops at the newsagency end were shut from 10am Thursday, with windows all blackened up. Also some traders are claiming that they were aware of it for at least 3 days before.

That last point doesn't sit well with me, as I am asthmatic & was in the newsagency (as affected store) on Wednesday afternoon).

CanberraTransport

Woolworths' makeover is now complete. Looks really good.

smitho

Quote from: CanberraTransport on June 16, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
Woolworths' makeover is now complete. Looks really good.
Good to see that Freddie Frapples is coming back to CC; unfortunately the Turkish takeaway near the laundromat has folded up.

Busnerd

Damnit, why did that stupid store have to re open, it brings down the centre with its name alone!

CanberraTransport

lol... the Reject Shop is opening soon too.