Granville to Macarthur rail

Started by ScaniaDriver, January 04, 2010, 08:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

Hi all,

This past weekend and the following two weekends, I am driving rail buses for Telfords. There are 4 routes between Granville and Glenfield, with the "A" variations extending to Macarthur. I was driving route 20A. It's a very interesting trip to drive as it takes just over 1.5 hours to complete (similar to Granville to Richmond). Here are the stopping patterns (the + sign means it stops). Surprisingly the 10A is quicker:

On Saturday, I had an ex-Melbourne MAN SL200 which was extremely slow but sounded nice, 5293. It was a rainy day and halfway through my 2nd trip, the wipers stopped working so I had to be swapped over at Glenfield (heading to Granville). I ended up getting a Volvo B7R coach 5278 as it was about to return to the depot. So the driver returned my bus, I took the coach and since it was out all day, I went to Caltex and fueled up. I then drove to Liverpool and waited until I should have been going through there from Granville and picked up my shift. It was a very nice thing to drive. It felt like a massive vehicle and it was very quiet. The steering lock was very average though.

On Sunday, I had a Renault PR100.2 5294 (ex-ACTION 778). It was interesting to drive. I still hate the buttons on the right in the dash.

Here are some photos. I didn't get an opportunity to get a shot of the MAN but here is the Volvo and the Renault:

photo 1 and 2: Liverpool
photo 3 and 4: Macarthur
photo 5: Granville
photo 6: Macarthur

Buzz Killington

That Telford Livery looks very nice on ol' 778 - still don't like them without a rear door though!

Is it just me, or do the Renaults seem quite unpopular outside of the ACT?

Sir Pompously

Depends on who you talk to. Some love them, and others loathe them. WA love the Renaults, however enthusiasts in other states tend to dislike them. I suppose if you grow up on them however.....

Buzz Killington

I still prefer them over half of the newer ACTION fleet. Much more comfy and interesting.

Busnerd

Nice photos, your YF getting photos at MacSquare with the funny orange pattern wall in the background.

Still don't like how telfords are replacing the renault wheel arches with flat ones, they look silly and the tyres srcub them :(

CNG

I love the renualts and hopefully action does not let them go before I can have a drive of one :)

Simes

Quote from: Busn00b on January 05, 2010, 05:51:30 PM
Still don't like how telfords are replacing the renault wheel arches with flat ones, they look silly and the tyres srcub them :(
Probably can't get them anymore (are they fibreglass or pressed metal?) and they have a very capable workshop that aren't afraid to make stuff from scratch - just look at the SL200's

Irisbus Rider

They're definately fibreglass.
I suppose it's easy to get them here at ACTION, but for small private operators, it'd not be worth the effort.