All over advertising

Started by Snorzac, May 04, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

LOL

At least they left the logo up the front I guess.

AOQ951

LOL What happened to that!?! Accident Damage??

Cheers
AOQ951

Buzz Killington

Saw it out this arvo. Looks really odd.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 12, 2011, 09:09:48 PM
Saw it out this arvo. Looks really odd.

So after one of us finally posted a picture, you get to see Bus 978 in real life.

smitho

Still looking 'odd' as of today. Blue and orange panels look freshly repainted so assume they are 978's original panels after the dings had been taken out.

Buzz Killington

Irisbus Rider's startling prediction may have come true - one of the two remaining 'Going your way' AOAs have been removed. Saw it from a distance but I think it was 977.

They left the strip of the AOA on the right hand side above the windows, though.

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 31, 2012, 05:09:31 PM
Irisbus Rider's startling prediction may have come true - one of the two remaining 'Going your way' AOAs have been removed. Saw it from a distance but I think it was 977.

They left the strip of the AOA on the right hand side above the windows, though.
no it was 947 actually i saw it yesterday

Buzz Killington

No reason why it couldn't be both, though.

Buzz Killington

Just where everyone would know to look, Metrobus has posted a photo of 947 with windowline AOA on the Transport Friends facebook group.

Snorzac

Busnerd

Barry Drive

Barry Drive

Some time in the past week, the Westfield AOA was removed from 991.

smitho

Tuggy bus 947 received AOA for the new Abode hotels in Tuggy and Gungahlin earlier this week.

Although not a fan of AOA, this one doesn't look too bad...

Buzz Killington

Spotted her this afternoon in Woden. I think it looks fantastic (aside from the accreditation cut out)

I did post a shot to Twitter earlier but ACTbusspotter posted a better shot soon after, which I'll share here:

Smart move not putting the ad onto the hopper windows. Hopefully it'll stop people peeling it off.

CNG

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

CNG

smitho

Ha, ha....I was driving 947 yesterday (10th April) from around 1100 to 1900 and left the bus there in the Hellenic layover while getting some lunch. I saw another gent taking a picture of it soon after I left it there.

Note the white bus numbers against black background....

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter reported on Twitter earlier that 108 has a new TransACT/ActewAGL livery

Buzz Killington

ACTBusspotter reports that 899 is now back in corporate livery.

No word on 978 although it still had the AOA (well, most of it) on Friday

Buzz Killington

ACTBusspotter reporting on Twitter that 394 is in a TransACT Canberra Capitals livery.

Busnerd

Zac has posted a photo on twitter of 355 in AOA for OMF

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

I'm not old enough to remember any AOAs from before the Renaults, so after all these years it's quite odd seeing the AOAs on something else. Look forward to seeing these in person.

ACTBusspotter photo.

Note the fleet number cutout..

smitho

Snorzac

Here is the hideous livery on 354...

smitho

When I first saw these AOA buses for OMF I thought, gee those colours are familiar.

Now I recall why - they're very close to the blue/white combination widely applied to Sydney buses, ferries and trains during the mid 1970s era of the Public Transport Commission of New South Wales.

One problem with the livery - the white does not stand up well to the day to day oily grime that invariably builds up on public transport vehicles. Hopefully the soiling of the pure white sheets featured on the Scania buses will lead to a quick withdrawal of the ads.

ajw373

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 05, 2012, 07:46:28 PM
ACTBusspotter reporting on Twitter that 394 is in a TransACT Canberra Capitals livery.

Saw this one this afternoon, pretty impressive looking wrap, also makes a CB60 look good from the back.

Buzz Killington

Spotted both 354 and 355 today. 355 had the AOA removed from the front window on the nearside plus the rear door. 354 was missing some decent sized pieces as well, with some sections towards the rear literally hanging off.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on October 09, 2012, 07:06:42 PM
Spotted both 354 and 355 today. 355 had the AOA removed from the front window on the nearside plus the rear door. 354 was missing some decent sized pieces as well, with some sections towards the rear literally hanging off.

Vinyl has also been removed from the radiator grills...not a very smart place to stick it in the first place!

Buzz Killington

Keep forgetting to mention that 354 and 355 have had some repair work done to the AOA. New vinyl has been applied and the fleet numbers at the rear are white on the blue background now. Previously they cut a square out of the advertising to avoid covering the existing fleet numbers.

Bus 400

Also the lower corner on the front (below the smaller windows on each side) is now white.

Barry Drive

Buzz Killington

Photo courtesy @ACTbusspotter

Barry Drive

I expect there will be some sort of media event for 508 on Monday.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 25, 2012, 02:41:45 PM
I expect there will be some sort of media event for 508 on Monday.

By the look of Twitter action, it was today.

Buzz Killington

141 (reportedly along with 140 and 142) is in a Centenary Loop livery.

Bus 400

Would I be right in assuming this is the first AOA for the Darts?

Buzz Killington

Correct.

132-139 had 'Midi Bus' adverts on left, right and rear from the get-go (although I definitely recall 140-142 never had them). Not sure about 143-156 as these were initially at Belconnen but we've certainly got a couple of photos of buses in that range with those ads.

Buzz Killington

Anyone know if all three darts have the same livery?

Barry Drive

Other than placement of fleet numbers, I believe they are all the same.

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

978 is back in corporate livery

Barry Drive

More AOA reports: 108 has started to peel at the rear; expect 508 to have the front panels changed over this weekend.

Buzz Killington

ACTBusspotter reports two new AOA's have been applied today:

108 - Bus Advertising
418 - ActewAGL

Barry Drive

Should be out by Monday. They were in the process of being applied today.