Adelaide Metro Livery

Started by smitho, September 01, 2011, 11:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Noticed that some of the new Adelaide Metro Scanias are running around with a variation on the usual colour scheme....red and yellow are swapped around from their usual positions, meaning that the front of the bus is completely red.

Looks good, but not quite as noticeable as the safety yellow front which has been in use of Adelaide Metro / Trans Adelaide / STA buses for some years now. 

Snorzac

Wrong thread (this is the aviation one) but I am lead to believe that is their new corporate livery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busnerd

Yes it is the wrong thread :P

They have changed it to the red as the new trains will have the red front, similar to the newer trams which are also red fronted.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on September 01, 2011, 12:06:06 PM
Wrong thread (this is the aviation one) but I am lead to believe that is their new corporate livery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if Metro's is adopting it as a new corporate livery as some (if not most) of the new Scanias are in the predominantly yellow livery.

As an aside, the red colour scheme looks good - but has the drawback of being less visible (particularly @ night).

Red schemes don't weather quite so well in Australia's tough light conditions....not surprising that fire engines are now mainly yellow rather than the traditional red.....then there's Virgin Australia - also dumping its red colour scheme.