Redbus Tour-May 8 2011 Pt 1

Started by Snorzac, July 08, 2011, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Here is the first 10 of a series of photos taken on the Redbus Tour on May 8. We were also meant to visit Coastal Liner but there was an....incident involving our coach and a lot of mud.

First up our Telford's Coach TV 5620, a Volvo B12B with a Coach Design body is seen at Gosford Train Station. This coach was manufactured in November 2010

Next we have Redbus 83, a Scania L113 with a Custom Coaches body, seen inside the Redbus depot.

RBS 23 is an Iveco Metro with an Express body in livery for the free Gosford Shuttle.

A line up of buses, all but one are Iveco Metros with Express bodies. Not sure what the Blue Hino thing is.

An Iveco Metro with CC CB80 body

The rear of CB80 Metro 91

The rear of one of the rare CB60 Iveco Metros 52

This place really is Iveco central!

The other L113 in the fleet, 84.

An Iveco Coach with a body identical to that of our Telfords Coach.

Kramden

Thanks Metrobus for posting these fine shots.  Those new Ivecos are smart looking machines.  I like the 'RBS' in the rear route display.

I wonder when you were up at Red Buses if you met a driver named Ray Parsons.  He's somewhat of legend given that in 2010 he was inducted (as a Bus Industry Inductee) to the Transport Hall of Fame.  Ray has given over 60 years service to the bus industry with the one employer.  Now in his 80s he still works part-time every Friday doing a school run.

I had the privilege of meeting Ray recently in Sydney.  What a gentleman.  He was very generous in sharing great stories of his many years at the wheel and in giving a newbie like me superb advice.

Enjoy your pics.  Keep up the good snapping.

Snorzac

If it wasn't for Ray this tour wouldn't have happened. In part two you may be able to spot him in some of the pictures.