Visiting Brisbane?

Started by Bus 400, March 27, 2011, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Now I know a few ACT Bus have visited Brisbane area in the past, well in a fortnight's time (08-04-2011-09-04-2011) I'll be visiting Brisbane, while I have an extra day off work (due to some great family business). Now what I would like to know would be what would be the best bus/train routes to visit?

This will be my second visit to the Brisbane area, with me only remembering one thing from the first trip when I was 18 months old (21 or so years ago) & it is something I wouldn't get away this time.

It wasn't anything that exciting, but I was a sexed up toddler who pinched a waitress on the backside while I was having lunch on the Sunshine/Gold Coast.

Snorzac

Some routes for gunzelling are the 555 down to Logan City, City Glider and the bus to Mt Koot-tha (departs from Anne st in the City), and try to spend as much time on the busway as possible as this is a great demonstration of how a bus service should be run.

Some buses to check out would be the MAN  diesels and gassies (with ZF gearboxes to see what we are missing out on), the MAN artics, Volvo Steer tags (only ones in the world to my knowledge) , the Volvo B10MAs (soon to be withdrawn) and their Scania L94UB CNGs (for comparison).

As far as trains go, I am told that the Fernygrove line is quite nice and I enjoyed the Gold Coast Line.

p_stampy

I think from the city to GC on the train is about $25, and possibly more now.

Ferny Grove line (city, going NW) is ok, I guess when I caught it daily I was squashed in and didn't really take much notice.

There is the caboolture line that has an express? something something, so you fly through a lot of the stops, the downside is that you may end up in caboolture.

Snorzac

The coobulture line has some extension on it every few services, not sure where to though, I think the gold coast line is actually cheaper now. The coobulture line is ok, not the most exciting though.

Busnerd

Last time I got a train to the gold coast it charged me 27cents, as a continuation of my earlier 334? bus route from Zillmere to the city. As far as bus routes I enjoyed getting a bus from Chermside westfield (Well across the road) which goes through the Clem7 Tunnell. Also I like the MAN bendies, you can get one from anywhere in one of the city bus stations and get it out to woollongabba or something...

great, now i wanna go to brisbane!

Make sure you pick up a GO card to use there..