Network 06 Bye Bye Buspedition [CANCELLED DUE TO NO INTEREST]

Started by Busnerd, December 03, 2007, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

During the week of 21st - 28th April 2008 on some of those days, at least one weekday and sunday we will be seeing off the current network and some of its routes which will no longer be operating, including the 48, 83, 86 and so on. The Sunday will see selected weekend services ridden, and for those interested, the final service anywhere the 966 arriving back at Tuggeranong at 8.16pm, which is the last service to finish on a sunday.

We know its ages away but if you are interested let us know, and put in your suggestions today.

O305

I'm interested in the last 86. Are there any streets on any routes that have a bus now, but won't under the new network? Should include those.

Busnerd

ilovermercs listed some of those streets not to be serviced any more under the new network in part of his response to the new network he emailed to ACTION.

Places like Mort St etc. He posted it on ATDB, so if we can list some of those routes.

If the 47 is still around I'd like to do that as well, maybe the current 30/31 and the current woden routes which are being changed 21/22 now do less and the 23/24 will now do more (the bits cut off the 21/22) also Todd has requested the 170 which is being scrapped for some reason, which is stupid as it generally has a large ebough loading.

O305

These are the major ones that are being deleted, we can pick from these :P

12/312 - Chippendall Circuit loop
35/935 - Warramoo Crescent bit to the terminus
33/930/931 - East Campbell bit behind the shops
48 - Macarthur Ave East/Wakefield Ave/Majura Ave/Gungahlin Cemetery

Sir Pompously

I am up for whatever, aslong as a 170 is included in it (Possible the last route of the day for me as it will take me home ;)) and the 966 as it is the last ever service on Network 06 and suprisingly, runs right past my home! But as I said, I am up for whatever goes.

Irisbus Rider

The 37!!! Ha ha.

Maybe the 48, most Gungahlin routes (53, 54, 55, 56, 58), the full length of the 80, part of the 83, maybe try to enjoy the Narrabundah Terminus ( ;D ) and possibly a changed Xpresso from Lanyon Valley...

Barry Drive

Until the final Network '08 is known, some of the areas which were to be cut may not be. And others which weren't, might be (such as the old YHA in O'Connor - if they take note of my suggestion).

Anyway, some more streets which are currently proposed to lose service:

• Shoalhaven Dr, Amaroo (54/58)
  • William Webb Dr, McKellar (56)
  • Theodore St, Curtin (31)
  • Treloar Cres, Campbell - War Memorial (33)
  • Hovea St / Brigalow St, O'Connor (33 again)
  • National Circt, Forrest (39)

Barry Drive

The release date is known as are the route changes, so now it's time to start planning the buspedition(s).

Withdrawn weekday routes include: 40, 41, 47, 48, 83, 86

Areas no longer being served include:

• Bruce (80)
  • Former YHA O'Connor
  • National Circuit (39)
  • Empire Circuit/Arthur Circle (83)
  • Theodore St (31)
  • Shoalhaven Dr (54/58)

Terminuses (terminii) being abandoned include:

• Kaleen Plaza
  • Gungahlin cemetery
  • Watson
  • Narrabundah
  • Fyshwick
  • Railway Station
  • Theodore

lukeo25

i would travel on the last 23/24 just to round the farrer terminus for a last time before they change my route to the 21/22 which is going to be a pain in the A** for many people

O305

Quote from: Martin on March 28, 2008, 09:18:22 AM
Terminuses (terminii) being abandoned include:

• Railway Station
Are you certain that will be completely abandoned? I would imagine there would still be some 8s (former 80s) starting from and terminating at there meeting the Countrylink Xplorer services. Unless there are going to be buses coming out of Fyshwick and/or Woden at 10pm at night.

Busnerd

Good point, action have always had a bus commencing there to meet the train.

Bus 400

Quote from: lukeo25 on March 28, 2008, 05:05:09 PM
i would travel on the last 23/24 just to round the farrer terminus for a last time before they change my route to the 21/22 which is going to be a pain in the A** for many people

What about the 21/22 thatis also be altered?

A few more areas will now miss out:

*Some streets in Macquarie/Cook/Aranda
*Buses will no longer deviate via the UC
*Route 51 skips Newlop St & parts of Wanganeen
*36 will no longer continue to Australian Heritage Village
*Phillip Avenue & Wakefield Avenue (48)
*Australian War Memorial
*Altered route through City-Those routes now travel via Akuna St & buses will no longer stop at back of Canberra Centre.
*Empire & National Circuit, Forrest
*Eyre St, Kingston
*Clive Steele Ave, Monash

Barry Drive

OK, the Railway station will still have one or two terminating services, but it will cease to be a full-time terminus.

Why is 21/22 going to be a pain - it will run every 30 minutes rather than hourly as the 23/24 will.

As for Eyre St, Kingston - the map does show no services, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Irisbus Rider

Crisp Circuit in Bruce is one to go too...

Buzz Killington

i think you'll find buses will still stop at the back of the canberra centre, Bus400.

Busnerd

Nah, someone complained that buses got stuck in the turnaround which they dont and they want to move them to akuna street where that stop with a blue sign is, seems stupid, as no one will walk down their to catch services.

O305

Like any normal people will be waiting for a bus at that dodgy stop outside the public housing flats after doing their shopping!

Busnerd

No not the Ainslie avenue shelters..the stop outside the down ramp on akuna street, its an old blue action stop. Next to the carpark exit ramp and some big vents on the wall.

lukeo25

i've seen that stop everytime i go in to the carpark at to go to the dendy to see movies

Irisbus Rider

Its a nice stop, and very popular, it shouldn't be abandonded.....

O305

Quote from: Busnerd on March 30, 2008, 09:29:26 AM
No not the Ainslie avenue shelters..the stop outside the down ramp on akuna street, its an old blue action stop. Next to the carpark exit ramp and some big vents on the wall.
That dodgy one, still a crap location IMO, and if your waiting for a bus going outbound you will still have to wait near the public housing.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: O305 on March 30, 2008, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: Busnerd on March 30, 2008, 09:29:26 AM
That dodgy one, still a crap location IMO, and if your waiting for a bus going outbound you will still have to wait near the public housing.
Ha ha, yeah, it's quite a stupid move in my opinion, and if you look at the route for the "2", it comes in to City Interchange along London CCT, and departs down London CCT. Thats stupid, it will then just backtrack, which may be seen as a pointless move for through commuters.

Busnerd

Quote from: lukeo25 on March 30, 2008, 11:29:23 AM
i've seen that stop everytime i go in to the carpark at to go to the dendy to see movies

You drive?

And i hate it when people call it 'the dendy'

Sir Pompously

Maybe on this Buspedition we are supposed to be talking about we can travel to The Dendy for a session, before buspeditioning......

Buzz Killington

or, you guys could talk about the buspedition, rather than civic route arrangements

lukeo25

i don't drive i never will i will catch buses all my life as i am trubunzel (train & bus spotter) & my mum is the one who drives

O305

Quote from: lukeo25 on March 31, 2008, 10:58:05 AM
i don't drive i never will i will catch buses all my life as i am trubunzel (train & bus spotter)
That is just.. odd.

Buzz Killington

lukeo25

i'm f***** in the head from too much coke (cola)

Busnerd

So your saying..coke is some form of cola?

Suddenly the world makes sense!

Also bunzell isnt a word and gunzell means both train and bus enthusiast so you are a 'true gunzell' not a 'trubunzel'

Now back to the buspedition.

One thing that is set in concrete is that we will probably be getting the final 966 from Erindale on the outbound or inbound to Tuggeranong. I don't mind getting the outbound as long as someone else (Todd) tells the driver it's the last route of the network.

O305

Quote from: Busnerd on March 31, 2008, 07:49:21 PM
I don't mind getting the outbound as long as someone else (Todd) tells the driver it's the last route of the network.
So what difference does that make?

There's still no way for anybody to get anywhere from T, at 8:16pm, on a Sunday.

Sir Pompously

Sigh, we could always go to Chis and flash our (Well my) SLR around the tavern area and wait for the bus to come, snap it and hop on.

And Mat, it is not that hard. 'Yeah G'day buddy/sexy/cobber/f**k f**k f**k guy, we are transport enthusiasts and as this is the last route of this current network would it be ok to ride the route to the destination and back' and if he has a problem 'you can drop us off outside the depot if you no one else was on after Oxley if it makes it easier...'

EDIT: How the hell did 'M A T E' change to 'Sexy'. Well it might aswell stay that way I spose

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

I've also mentioned it under Network '08, but since it was first brought up here - the Kingston shops route will remain unchanged in Network '08. It was a map error to show it only travelling along Giles St.

Irisbus Rider

Not sure if anyone else's posted it, but I just realised another street to lose a few services, the northern part of "Ainsworth St" near Woden CIT.

It's currently serviced by the 23/24.

Strangely enough, it will still be serviced by the 720.....

Oh, and a few others in Hughes, Groom St, and Wisdom St, currently both serviced by the 83;
And the Denison St curve currently serviced by the 30.

So, I think we'd need to get an 83 in this BP, thats definately a route we won't ever see again.....

And, a few others, that road straight down from Parliament House that goes over State Circle, with the big median strip, and the two glass shelters towards the house will not be serviced by the 39 anymore, and another minor one, Bowen Dr will not be serviced anymore, but there were no stops up there anyway. It was just cool to go over that flyover :P

And the Federal highway section of the 36 will be gone too, a place that drivers usually go flatchat! Shame to lose it.....

And of course Condamine St Turner, in front of Turner Primary with that large speed hump, currently serviced by the 33.....

And of course, the Mitchell shake-up, that will be considerable, so the 48 would be a must, for other reasons too.

Also, back to Fyshwick, Wiluna St, and Lithgow St are set to go too.....

Bus 400

Strangley enough Groom St will still serviced by 720

Busnerd

Barry Drive

So is anyone going to arrange anything? Two weeks left of Network 06 and counting!

Irisbus Rider

Mat, come on, lol. He usually does, but I guess anyone can if they want now.....

Busnerd

I could come down for a couple of days, if everyone puts support behind it, it is costly...and it would depend how many people could attend. If not I will organise something for everyone but wont attend.

Irisbus Rider

Costly? For us or you?

We don't have to hire buses out, just do a standard buspedition, and cruise some public runs.

Busnerd

Irisbus Rider