Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2018
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on Yesterday at 11:04:19 PM »
And what need is there for a Civic-Tuggeranong direct rapid? Tuggeranong town centre being at the far edge of the district means there's inevitably less demand through Tuggeranong than other town centres, and the majority of Tuggeranong residents commuting from civic will change over at Woden (as long as there are buses scheduled at that time).

For those that do go to Tuggeranong, going via Woden does make sense, it's not far off and doesn't extend the trip time significantly, while catering for much higher demand.

A Tuggeranong-Belconnen rapid would be of greater priority than a direct Tuggeranong-City rapid.
News / Re: All door boarding and disembarking
« Last post by Bus 503 on Yesterday at 07:32:27 PM »
There was a sign on 510 today on top of the front MyWay reader which said something about rear door boarding being suspended (didn't get a good look). There were still people boarding from the rear today in the City but I heard one driver telling everyone who got on from the rear door to use the front door next time. I have noticed that following the introduction of the new network, many drivers haven't been opening their rear doors for boarding.
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 06:44:07 PM »
Well the past few networks have proven to me how little care there is for Tuggeranong Valley, so I should probably expect that.
The Playground / Re: What bus did you get today?
« Last post by King of Buses on Yesterday at 04:05:27 PM »
486 (319)
528 (60)
8404 (831)
497 (200)
348 (54)
941 (300)
486 (313)
973 (64)
972 (63)
967 (71)
616 (19B)
« Last post by Barry Drive on Yesterday at 01:12:40 PM »
Consider this: under this plan there will be a Rapid bus from City direct to Belconnen, Gungahlin, Woden, Airport and Molonglo. But not Tuggeranong.

Priorities?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 01:03:26 PM »
Now that I think about it, I don't think airport rapids would be as idea, more like half or hourly would be more suitable.
I have suggested on a number of occasions to ACTION about an all-day 705 though (preferably without the time wasting weston detour) - a 20/30 minute service for that would be great i would imagine. Faster travel than the intertowns between the two main points of Canberra. Forgot to mention, Tug or Woden to Gungahlin too.
« Last post by Barry Drive on Yesterday at 11:38:14 AM »
where's the ... Tuggeranong to Airport via Monaro rapids?...
Possibly the only positive thing I can say about this proposal is reducing the number of Airport "rapids" to one every 15 minutes rather than two. No detail about how it will be achieved and what will happen to BBP & FBP services.

Now they just need to cull a few more Rapids and redirect the resources to providing decent suburban services.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

« Last post by Busfanatic101 on October 22, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »

Martin Ross: What's really stupid is that they won't keep the normal connection that has been proven for so many years- the intertown Blue Rapid/333 (as has been known to all that lived here for many years). So why abolish something that works and brings in the most revenue? This is just foolhardy. The government has no ideas and goes out on a whim

19 October at 16:03 (facebook)
this is annoying because when it starts all the 300's expect for 300,318,319 are likely to be canceled....
And 300, 318, and 319 as you know it won't exist either.

What's annoying is stage 2 light rail. The split of the blue rapid now is I have to say an alright move on their part - not good for commuters, not at all, but will I think ultimately be received better than cutting straight to 2 changeovers and an extended Woden-civic trip from the blue rapid at the commencement of stage 2. They've gotta take things away gradually, and they might just get away with it, if they continue to put in this level of thought.
Fleet / Re: All over advertising
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on October 22, 2017, 03:45:43 PM »
I read that wrong, my bad.
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on October 22, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
The only thing I would add is, where's the Belconnen to Tuggeranong and Tuggeranong to Airport via Monaro rapids?...

I offer no comment on this proposal because this forum has no filter for abusive language.
I can tell you detest the plan, I completely agree. :-X

another note will theses routes run the quickest possible way or divert around other streets
Probably the fastest 'streamlined' way. ACTION/TC have been really on the whole streamlined thing these past few years so it's likely that it would be that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10