Adelaide Metro

Started by Busnerd, September 13, 2010, 03:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Hi guys, here's just a few photos from my so far fairly boring trip to Adelaide. This place reminds me of Canberra but just on a larger scale lol, it's not too bad a place, Just the stupid trading hours of everything here is a pain. Supermarkets are like 10 - 5, theres no 24 Kmarts and the city only has like one Maccas and one Hungry Jacks 24/7 stores so theres not much to do after you have dinner :(

Anyway there is always plenty of buses and other transport to ride here so here is a few photos

A MAN Gas bus at Paradise Interchange, these things sound exactly like Sydney's 0405NH's but with grunt

By actbus at 2010-09-12

A Scania waiting at the lights at King William & Currie Sts

By actbus at 2010-09-12

A Scania K230 at Paradise Interchange - Don't mind the bits of grass in the way

By actbus at 2010-09-12

One of the silly two car diesel trains at Smithfield Station

By actbus at 2010-09-12

Finally we went to the opening 'Celebrations' which were very boring so we left after about thirty minutes of Adelaides newest freeway the Northern Expressway. I love all the signs on it such as END EXPRESSWAY, NOT PERMITTED ON EXPRESSWAY etc. Im used to only seeing freeway and motorway not expressway. *side note; there is a bridge behind...it has NOT fallen down

By actbus at 2010-09-12

Ed

QuoteJust the stupid trading hours of everything here is a pain. Supermarkets are like 10 - 5, theres no 24 Kmarts...

Well, at least it's still better than Perth, that's probably the only city that still has limited weekend trading (like back in the old days where shops shut early on Saturday and almost all shops shut on Sunday). I'm sure Martin would vouch for that.

Buzz Killington

I think Perth is starting to ease some restrictions on Sunday trading though.

Excellent photos!