Some photo's I took

Started by Murray, January 05, 2017, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murray

Recently I've been taking some photo's and the bus stop sign of every bus stop I've waited/dropped off at. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I put them on an album because they formatted too large here.
http://imgur.com/a/7Bs2A

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hmm, I like the 2nd and 4th of 902 at Tuggeranong, and I see you've taken my idea of shooting through the front from the front seat. Just with that, try to do what I do, by placing the lens on the rail (at the bottom of the glass panel), that way you don't get the blind in the shot (or as much of it), and more sky/area in the shot - depending on the camera, sitting it there will also make the shot straighter.
Also I think not swearing on a photo title would be ideal ;)

Murray

On the same day around 5 I saw 902 on eastern valley doing a 343. Thank you for your feedback but I don't recall their being a rail on the driver's cab window unless you may be referring to this rail on another place.

Bus 400

More photos of the best bus in the fleet are always welcomed.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Murray

I don't like the seats in 400.

King of Buses

Quote from: Murray on January 05, 2017, 08:07:42 PM
I don't like the seats in 400.

1. The seats are not the only part of a bus...
2. A "good bus" is generally not chosen based off the seats solely.
3. Don't all the MAN buses have the same seats?!?

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 05, 2017, 07:25:33 PM
More photos of the best bus in the fleet are always welcomed.

So, 967?  :P

Murray

I was stating I don't like the seats, not necercerally the bus. I don't actually like busses with those single seats because a third of the time their a bit hard. So when I said I don't like the seats I knew that particular bus had them fitted so I wasn't targeting that bus in particular. I said that so I could discuss why like this in a nice friendly manor.

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on January 05, 2017, 10:09:33 PM
So, 967?  [emoji14]

Back in the olden days, when it replaced the buses pulled by horses, it may of been good. But the sleek, sexy, that always provides great photogenic bus has replaced it.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 05, 2017, 10:42:58 PM

Back in the olden days, when it replaced the buses pulled by horses, it may of been good. But the sleek, sexy, that always provides great photogenic bus has replaced it.

>:(

Murray

QuoteBack in the olden days, when it replaced the buses pulled by horses, it may of been good. But the sleek, sexy, that always provides great photogenic bus has replaced it.

What's wrong with Dart's?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Murray on January 05, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
I don't actually like buses with those single seats because a third of the time their a bit hard.

ooh, I sooooo agree with you on that.

Bus 400

Quote from: Murray on January 06, 2017, 12:21:26 AM
What's wrong with Dart's?
Everything except one has a special bus stop bell & they don't have a bike rack to protect them if they hit the bollard in high street (old Tv show reference).

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Murray on January 05, 2017, 06:29:50 PMI don't recall their being a rail on the driver's cab window unless you may be referring to this rail on another place.

I was referring to this rail (round yellow on the Scanias, silver-rectangular on the Euros)

So you can then get an image somewhat like this.

as you can see, with this angle you don't get any of the obstructions like the blind railing in the way of the shot

This is very good if you're using a small camera (like myself) or a camera phone of sorts, as with the bigger cameras that the other users on this forum use, if that's one that you use too, resting it on there may be not as easy. Perching your knee against the rail, and then sitting the camera on your leg, with the shutter against the glass works just as well, if that's the case.