[TSL] New Nightride bus route N100

Started by ScaniaDriver, March 30, 2010, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

This Thursday night 1st April (Friday morning), is the first night of the new Nightride service, numbered N100, from Railway Square to Bondi Junction. It will be operated by TransdevTSL (Shorelink) and will have 3 buses operating them. Stops will be Central (Railway Square) where the 300 series buses pick up, Town Hall (N70, N80, N90 stand), Martin Place, Kings Cross, Edgecliff (on New South Head Rd, not the interchange) and Bondi Junction. Return trip is the opposite to the above. I can see straight off that we will loose tonnes of time at Kings Cross. Traffic is terrible there at night.

I will be part of operating the services on the first 4 nights (Easter long weekend). In following weeks, it will only run two nights/mornings per week, on Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday.

I am absolutely surprised that there is nowhere on the internet where any form of information can be found for this - 131500.info, Transdev website, CityRail website - nowhere! Even typing in "*" (search for all bus routes) on the 2nd April doesn't list route N100 on 131500.info.

I presume the STA operated route 999 Kings Cross to Town Hall express half hourly service will be discontinued. This operates every 30 mins and is normally packed. This also just operates on those two mornings.