Started by smitho, July 06, 2012, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 23, 2014, 12:08:21 AM
Thanks for the update Smitho.

Did some more sell or go to Pickles?

Don't know of any disposals, BK.

Buzz Killington

Sorry, that was more of a general question rather than directed to you, Smitho. My post was badly worded:

We do know that no artics were sent for scrap, and a number went to Pickles. I might have to do a quick "stocktake" later on.

Barry Drive

Not aware of any more being put through Pickles.

Reports / rumours / sightings say that some have gone to Sid Fogg's, and that others may be destined for all points of the compass: Queensland, Perth and Adelaide. 2 more Mk2s are confirmed to have gone to Wisby's in Hobart during December (984 & 987).

King of Buses

Quote from: smitho on February 20, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
Artics on shed at Woden Transport Depot as at 20 Feb 14:-

700, 704 (maked 'parts only'), 705, 706, 709

711, 712, 713, 714, 715

720, 723, 724, 726.

Where is 725??? :o

smitho

716 and 986 were both released from Tuggy bricks this morning for routine service runs 'on concesssion'; returned to the bricks after the morning peak.

716 was out again this afternoon for scheduled runs 'on concession' and returned to the bricks this evening.

Buzz Killington

I saw 986 operating a 225 or 226 this afternoon. Didn't see 716 today.

The 200 that usually has one or the other of an afternoon (Around 1730 through the City) has had Scania artics this week.

Bus 400

I know last week (what I assume to be) Bus 716 (being a big long orange bus with roller desto) was spotted turning from Sulwood Drive onto Drakeford Drive around 17:50ish with 225 on the front.

But in a tweet I sent ACTION a few weeks back, it was mentioned that no more are going to scrap & will be kept for spare parts (until usable spare parts run out I presume).

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 25, 2014, 08:58:54 PM
I saw 986 operating a 225 or 226 this afternoon. Didn't see 716 today.

The 200 that usually has one or the other of an afternoon (Around 1730 through the City) has had Scania artics this week.

I think the preference at Tuggy is for the Renault artics to be used on shift blocks containing a well patronised school run, provided there are no students requiring an easy access bus.

Sometimes they are set aside for artic drivers who have not done their Scania artic training, as may be the case with some casual employee drivers.

King of Buses

986 was on a 606 School Run on Monday, whilst 716 was on the 526, 500 or 888 this afternoon. 526 is more likely in terms of the time.

smitho

888 has not had a Renault artic for many months; from memory 534 covered it yesterday.

King of Buses

I think it was the 526. It did it again yesterday. 986 did a 651 in the morning too.

King of Buses

Can someone tell me where 725 has gone. I think it is one of the ones on eBay (has the bit of paint missing on the front and the s in the windscreen as well as the fact that the glass behind the drivers cabin doesn't have one of those sign holders in it) as well as 704 (that's the one in the first few pictures anyway). I would like to know... :'(

Barry Drive

^^ You may well be right about 725 (and 704). However, ACTION will not disclose to whom they have sold buses. Best option would be to contact the seller on eBay and ask for the VINs.

Also, 726 has left Woden Depot recently.

smitho

I understand that the Tasmanian operator who bought the first batch of artics (for school runs) has since purchased a second batch in recent months.

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

707, 708, 721, 983 and 988 have shown up at Sid Foggs. A report indicates that there are two others.

Here's 988

I might also add a list to the first post of this thread to summarise where the units are at.

smitho

looks very smart in its new livery.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 01, 2014, 09:18:13 PM
.. 716 has left Belconnen Depot. Possibly on loan until 517 is repaired, and then that might be the end.
517 repairs complete. Should re enter service soon. So as speculated, 716 has been withdrawn.

King of Buses

Quote from: Gadgets on April 12, 2014, 08:19:22 PM
2 old artics up for sale in Port Macquarie

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie-city/heavy-farming-agriculture-equipment/mack-renault-bendy-bus/1040863658

I believe this is 725 and 704 again (I'm not certain about 704 though, it may be another one).

Also 986 was out the back of the Bricks where the buses go to die on Wednesday. It wasn't there on Thursday however, a PR100.2 MKII was there instead.

Buzz Killington

Have just received word from ACTbusspotter that 986 is at Woden Depot.

That's all, folks.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Gadgets on April 12, 2014, 08:19:22 PM
2 old artics up for sale in Port Macquarie

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie-city/heavy-farming-agriculture-equipment/mack-renault-bendy-bus/1040863658
The ad shows 2 buses, and a photo of 704. But it also states build date as 1989. Only 1 Renault PR180.2 was built in 1989: Bus 726.

King of Buses

The one on the right is definitely 725. The other may be 726 but it wasn't 704, its still at Woden Depot displaying 410, School Bus like shown in the picture.

986 was in the workshops at Tuggy yesterday too.

Gadgets

986 has been used the last couple of days ferrying Police around for the Royal visit.

Buzz Killington

I spotted it heading towards Belconnen on William Hovell yesterday arvo.

King of Buses

986 was at the Dawn Service yesterday. It arrived with a lot of what seemed like regular people (not police) at around 0500 and then sat on opposite side of Fairbairn Ave to the rest of the artics for until I left (I left it there, I don't know when it actually left though).

Barry Drive

986 was believed to have been carrying the media.

It has now returned to Woden Depot.

Gadgets

spotted this morning Artics 709 and 724 currently awaiting their fate at a scrapmetal yard in Fyshwick :(

Gadgets

yep due to be ripped to shreds next week :(

Gadgets

unless you want to make them an offer ( Access recycling)

Buzz Killington

Shame about 709, but I wouldn't touch 724 with a ten foot barge pole..

Barry Drive

Two more artics have left Woden. Process of elimination suggests they were 704 & 714.

Barry Drive

705 was sighted at Access Recycling a few weeks ago. A "head count" at Woden Depot suggests one other may have been removed as well, but not certain which.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 14, 2014, 11:55:00 AM
705 was sighted at Access Recycling a few weeks ago. A "head count" at Woden Depot suggests one other may have been removed as well, but not certain which.

Yes, Woden Depot is looking fairly empty now.

Barry Drive

Latest count from Woden Depot reveals only 7 artics, believed to be -

711, 713, 720, 723, 986 and 2 unidentified (554 was blocking the view).

The missing vehicles may have been sold, since none appear to have arrived at Access Recycling.

Barry Drive

One of the unidentified artics is 712.

And AOQ951 has reported that 723 has departed recently. Possibly headed to Sydney.

Barry Drive

Only 3 PR180.2s (Mk1) remain at Woden Depot: 711, 712 & 713. One more (unknown) artic appears to have departed in the last week - this may have been 715 or 716, but it could not be identified from outside the fence.

986 also remains, but is believed to now be a Heritage Fleet vehicle.

Bus 400

In other news, the two artics originally sent to Access Recycling have either been scrapped or in the process of being scrapped.

Gadgets

there is an old Renault Artic being stored at the back of EPIC in the caravan storage area i couldnt see a number on it but looks like its been there a while

King of Buses

Quote from: Gadgets on October 15, 2014, 05:24:30 PM
there is an old Renault Artic being stored at the back of EPIC in the caravan storage area i couldnt see a number on it but looks like its been there a while

As discussed over in the General Discussion thread (important parts quoted)

Quote from: King of Buses on October 05, 2014, 09:07:31 PM
A MKI PR180.2 is out behind EPIC too...visible from Flemington near the Morisett Dr Intersection as well as when one travels down the Federal Hwy.

Quote from: Skitube on October 05, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
Correct if i'm wrong, but i believe the one at EPIC is 716

Quote from: smitho on October 06, 2014, 09:52:44 PM
One of the best Mark 1s in the artic fleet.

King of Buses

It was reported on Twitter, but 986 has been out in ACTION for the racecourse shuttles on Tuesday. Which is a good thing IMO. Tuggers Depot has appeared to be an artic or two short recently because twice in the past two weeks the S/R 606 has has two separate buses instead of the artc. I believe it was 359 and a dart the first time and 377 and 382 yesterday. Maybe (and this is me being very hopeful) they'll bring 986 back to support! I doubt it though cause it'll need NXTBUS (and My Way? I imagine it lost that) and that. I just hope someone managed to snap it out and about...unfortunately it had to go out while I was occupied which sort of sucks. Still unusual for a 'heritage fleet' bus to be doing such runs...

The Love Guru

Wasn't operated out of T. Was at B for 2 days prior to being used on the shuttles. Due to lack of artics free that early in the afternoon, 986 was the last resort. Nice to see them making use of it.

Buzz Killington

There's a mk1 artic parked on the dead end of Nudurr Dr (just past Grampians St) - does anyone know the fleet number and/or story?

Barry Drive

I wonder whether it's the former Hall / Barton Hwy vehicle - 718 from memory.

King of Buses

If you could see in the window, if the first forward facing seat on the door side is missing then it is 718....or you could look where the fleet numbers were...

ajw373

Went past last week and I am sure you could make out the fleet number on the side. Didn't happen to take much notice of which one it was, I was looking more at the graffiti on it.

Snorzac

Went past there today and there was nothing there...must have moved on.

volvo

Quote from: King of Buses on November 05, 2014, 06:36:05 PM
Maybe (and this is me being very hopeful) they'll bring 986 back to support!

That would be great! Although I'd be annoyed if I saw it in service and I was on another bus.
(And as you say, they'd have to bother with NXTBUS etc, so they probably wouldn't bother.)

King of Buses

Quote from: volvo on January 04, 2015, 10:00:21 PMAlthough I'd be annoyed if I saw it in service and I was on another bus.

Annoyed is a bit of an understatement. .well, for me it would be anyway...thought it'd be exactly the same as when 986 and 716 were the only ones left...I'd be on a scartic and one of them would surely pass by...with nour chance for me to transfer :'(