New Mitsubishi Rosa's?

Started by Buzz Killington, October 26, 2008, 01:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

During the tour of Tuggeranong Depot this morning, I noticed a Mitsubishi Rosa with the new ACTION logos on the front and side - BUS 027.

How long have ACTION had this bus? According to our records, the Rosas are 022-025. If there's a 027, there's obviously a 026 as well.

Snorzac

Tour of Tuggeranong depot, what the?

Barry Drive

Also 028 and 029 - 28 is garaged at Belconnen Depot, there were 2 others parked at Belconnen workshops last week but I forget which regos they were: probably 26 and 29.

Sir Pompously

I know there were a whole heap of Fuso Rosa's which were blank at Belco a while ago, which I think are now the Community Buses. So they may have come out of that batch without our knowledge. Are these replacing the Hino's?

Snorzac

There is at least 1 at Belco with new logos

Barry Drive

29 has now had the ACTION logos applied and is no longer parked at the back of the Belconnen workshops. 26 does not have the logos yet.

I suspect that each depot will get 2 of the new buses. Perhaps 29 has gone to Tuggeranong, but I will keep an eye out.

There are a few Hinos parked behind the Belconnen workshops. These may be the ones being replaced by the Rosas.

Rad D

Pics coming from around Belconnen depot including one of 028

Snorzac

Just discovered that these buses are Mitsubishi Fusos not Rosas. 026 and 027 are at Tuggeranong and 028 and 029 are at Belconnen.

The Love Guru

They would be Fuso Rosas, as Fuso is the new name for Mitsubishi heavy vehicles (not sure if its there Japanese name or what, someone else may like to enlighten us on the reasoning for the change??)

Sir Pompously

Indeed Fuso is Japanese, According to Wiki, Fuso (ふそ)translates to Hibiscus. And Fuso has been the Heavy Vehicle arm for a while now, 2003 it say's it was founded (have seens Fuso's around the place for a while, especially Armoured Vehicles). The Rosa's are (as far as I can tell) Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa as the official name.