990 in service with bike rack

Started by Snorzac, July 15, 2008, 06:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

win news tonight reported that there were two new reconciliation buses hitting our roads. One of them being 982 and the other what I believe to be 990, but it could have being 998, but I am 99.99% sure it was 990. The report said that the two buses were alredy on the road

CanberraTransport

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, posted some more details in the "General Discussion" thread.

Busnerd

I was sent a photo of it yesterday. Will post it when i get around to it.

bubzie

yep..here's 982 (which was done right as it drove away..which shall explain the dodgyness!)

so i'm presuming 990 looks like this.

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

Irisbus Rider

Apparently 990 is more yellowish.....

Oh, is 982 still illegal to drive after dark?

Sir Pompously

990 is very bright. It looks like a Gay pride Rainbow on wheels with Chinese Throwing Stars splattered onto a bus.

I have to say these have no heart, neither of them. They certainly catch your eye, but they just seem so sterile and heartless with just vinyl stckers. I think what they should have done instead is got some artists from the local community, or even got some kids involved to paint the buses up from the Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Centre, or even the Yurana Centre at CIT. The they would have had heart and meaning, and would have allowed the local community involved in ACTION and had a moving artpiece that they could have been proud of!

If ACTION Can't do that, maybe they should just stick a few new Green ACTION logo's onto the bus in its normal location which will help their look just that little bit.

Sorry ACTION, but they need something more.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on July 16, 2008, 09:28:51 PM
Oh, is 982 still illegal to drive after dark?

Does it have fully functional tail lights and clearence lights? then yes.

Snorzac

990 is at the belco depot on servo side next to the workshops and has a  yellow old style bike rack on the front.

Snorzac

anyone know what is going on. where is it, i haven't seen it around the depot for atleast a fornight

ec6060

990 was out in the City yesterday and it didnt have a bike rack on the bus

Snorzac

990 has just gone past my house doing a 73

Irisbus Rider

990 was out today on shift 732, then on 33. Thanks a million to a certain driver for taking it out today, that bus is incredible! It goes so much better than 991. Love it! I'm obsessed......

Sir Pompously

Yes and hopefully it is available for Monday, as I have the day off and need some photos of it :P