914, 703 and 724

Started by Irisbus Rider, April 10, 2008, 11:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

Split from discussion on the new MAN's - R

Well, looks as though 914 still has a chance.....but not really.

Bus 400

I do wonder what ACTION's other option for 914 could be? It could to send it for scrap metal? As all "spare part buses" could be worth a lot as scrap metal & just store things like seats/light covers, etc in a shed.

Sir Pompously

lop off the front and dash off of 703 and whack it on 914. 'It's one quarter Pr180.2, the rest is pure PR100.2, the greatest movie of the year, The million dollar Renault. Rated PG13.'

The Love Guru

The front half of 703 has been detached from the rear half, unknown what is happening with the front half of it, the rear is still sitting out the back of the workshops at Belconnen depot.

Busnerd

The rear of 703 is going to be stuck onto the front half of 724.

724 had a fire a while back and the rear is fucked..for those of you i sent the photo of a burnt 724 rear to, lol!

So the back of 703 will be stuck on 724..we need a name for it, a lame one is 'the butcher(ed) bus' or frankenbus..come up with your own names today and win a ride on a bus!*

*with a valid ticket.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Busnerd on April 11, 2008, 10:57:09 PM
What's your source for this or are you speculating? Considering the description of the structural and mechanical damage to 703, I would assume that the rear of 703 is totally unserviceable. Buses can and have come back from fire damage - 106 for example.

As Chris_Guru mentioned, 703 has now been separated - the front half has been moved to the front of the major workshop shed and is parked next to 914, which suggests they might be making use of it in future.

Busnerd

Quote from: Martin on April 12, 2008, 06:25:25 AM
Quote from: Busnerd on April 11, 2008, 10:57:09 PM
What's your source for this or are you speculating? Considering the description of the structural and mechanical damage to 703, I would assume that the rear of 703 is totally unserviceable. Buses can and have come back from fire damage - 106 for example.

As Chris_Guru mentioned, 703 has now been separated - the front half has been moved to the front of the major workshop shed and is parked next to 914, which suggests they might be making use of it in future.

I have photographic evidence Martin :P sent to me by a mechanic out there.

Barry Drive

Photographic evidence of what? You can't photograph an intention to do something.

Considering that 703 has been written-off I doubt that it can be used for anything. That's not to say that the seats and the windows and other parts of the bodywork may be re-used in 724 (or other buses), but I can't believe that the chassis can be re-used if it has suffered the major damage as described.

Busnerd

It is official, both parts are up on the lift in the depot, the front says BUS724 the back says BUS703.

Bus 400

Wondeer what number it will get?

Buzz Killington

Simes

Busnerd

dont think I posted it but Robert has 724 as a shift bus, lol.

He does a 605 school bus then takes it back to tuggy depot and swaps for a rigid.

So if anyone wants to inspect their work..

Buzz Killington

i saw it going down Hindmarsh yesterday arvo

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Busnerd on June 25, 2008, 11:23:36 AM
dont think I posted it but Robert has 724 as a shift bus, lol.

He does a 605 school bus then takes it back to tuggy depot and swaps for a rigid.

So if anyone wants to inspect their work..

A shift bus in the arvo - are they assigning actual buses in the afternoons these days. Who's Robert?

Buzz Killington

one of the drivers we know

Jack Bauer

Busnerd

Sorry, my mistake..the 651 school bus.