120 Breakdown

Started by Buzz Killington, March 20, 2009, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

120 was the bus broken down on the parkway this afternoon, for those who heard about it on time saver traffic.

Despite what they said, there were no 'children all over the place' and it was closer to woden than it was to Kambah - it was in the emergency bay just past Hindmarsh.

Bus 400

Excuse me there were quite a few walking down the Tuggeranong Parkway. I called up 131710 with a complaining tone asking about this & that a bus was on the way, but they didn't know when. I will be informing the schools that the children involved. 131710 told me that the kids should of stayed. But I would think the driver should of kept the kids in the bus until a replacement had arrived. The incident was just after Hindmarsh Drive. I went past at around 16:30.

The bus ended up being driven back to depot & I saw it on Drakeford Drive, Greenway at 17:30.

Buzz Killington

there may have been at some stage, but i drove past just after he mentioned it and there was nobody to be seen. The Prawn doesn't bother getting updates on stuff, he just repeats the same info on accidents every half hour.

Bus 400

Ok, I'll forgive you. I know that when I complain to St Edmunds & St Clares that those students will get in trouble. Not sure how much trouble the driver will get into.

Irisbus Rider

ACTION to no longer service St Edmunds for 2 years? How can you make a call like that? Do you have the power to implement that? It's up to ACTION, not you, so I suggest you refrain from making such outlandish claims in the future.
I think you suffereing a severe case of tall poppy syndrome.....

Anyway, kids on the road, just do the responsible thing and slow down, they're not that stupid to walk out in front of a car.

Bus 400

They don't know who I am & they are private school kids who think cars stop for them.

Irisbus Rider

It doesn't matter if they don't know who you are, you can't go around playing boss. Anyway, when they see your name, and no position or title, they'll probably throw your e-mail in the recycling.
And private kids aren't that stupid, they're much more bright than people assume.

Buzz Killington

email has been removed. let's not start throwing around accusations. I will say that if you wanted to be taken seriously by the schools TP3000, you probably should've used a more adult tone rather than resorting to scare tactics.

Bus 400

I was being a concerned member of the public with connections.

Irisbus Rider

Nothing wrong with that, but next time, express your concern without making unsubstantiated threats.

Bus 400

I am now thinking that they may ring up ACTION about that matter.

The Love Guru

As for the driver, it is against the law to hold anyone on board the bus against their will. The only exceptiont to this is where it is not safe to stop. Seeing as though the bus was broken down, the driver is powerless to stop anyone from leaving and doing as they please. The bus driver is there to get people safely from A to B, not play baby sitter to a bunch of bored kids.

Bus 400

But what is the safety of his passengers is at risk? As most cars are doing 100-120k's an hour along there & any number of things could of (but didn't) occur & that could of meant a whole lot of changes to ACTION Operation Procedures. Also it was mostly the younger students who walked off & the older ones did stay behind.

Busnerd

Maybe you do 120km/h but the speed limit is 80.

The driver would have told them to stay, but is powerless to stop them, he would get in trouble for risking himself to go after them, leaving the bus unattended. The driver has done nothing wrong, the kids are just stupid because they couldnt wait twenty minutes for another bus to turn up, I think the school should have a talk to them about road safety or something.

End of discussion.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 20, 2009, 06:50:15 PM
They don't know who I am & they are private school kids who think cars stop for them.

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 20, 2009, 06:50:15 PMI was being a concerned member of the public with connections.
[Start Rant]
Yes, you have 'connections'. I am sure they know who you are, an idiot. And please do not generalise against private school kids. I am an ex Maristian, Stretch went to Radford. We are not dumb, we know what cars are and what they can do. I do not believe also they were walking over the road. They would have been on the shoulder at the most which is probably one of the safest places to walk if you cannot walk on the embankment. Nobody, and I mean nobody would ever walk in the lane of a main aterial road.

ACTION (As said above by the Guru) cannot hold anyone onboard the bus. It is law. If you did that you would be in trouble, and not just from your boss. Listen to what people say, act your age and when writing a letter write it in a professional manner. Don't act like some spoilt little brat and do not make accusations or say that you have connections. Face the facts, you don't. The most you would probably know is a driver and maybe a few lone email correspondents from someone in HQ (And the Auto Reply).

[End Rant]

Buzz Killington

I think thats quite enough on the matter.