Belco low on buses?

Started by Snorzac, February 20, 2009, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

I have noticed that in peak times of the day the only buses at Belco are in the workshops. I also know a driver who normally has to take an artic for his shift which consists of a 51 and 43, and just now 704 a bus which I believe is without a ticket machine drove past my house on a 313.

Bus 400

I haven't actually walked past Belco depot in a while, but whenever I drive past there does seem to be a high number of buses in that workshop area.

Snorzac

Yep, I think that the Irises and Darts are the problem, they make up the majority of the buses in there.

Bus 400

Well when I did drive by on Thursday at about lunch time there were 2 Iris in the workshop area & alot of Renaults. Tuggeranong usually has a few left over, may be they should put some at the Interchanges as floaters in case of breakdowns.

Snorzac

What is the point of that, you are then paying a driver to sit on his/hers ass all day. Always Irises and I have also noticed a few .3s in there, .2s are always there, but there is a lot of them, they are never the same one except for the regulars.

Irisbus Rider

Iris and Darts hardly make up the majority at Belco, more the minority.

Belconnen is short of buses, particularly after 6 buses got transferred to Tuggeranong from Belconnen.

Generally speaking, this isn't a shortage, a shortage of buses occurs when services do not get run, which occured regularly in peak periods in 2004/05 at Belconnen.

As for 704, you have to understand, the ticket machines get moved around, if there's a bus in the workshop, I'm sure the ticket machine would get moved from that, to say, a bus lacking one.

Bus 400

I do suppose that you also have more services running. But hopefully as ACTION get more MAN/14.5's this should improve.

Snorzac

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on February 20, 2009, 10:32:48 PM
Iris and Darts hardly make up the majority at Belco, more the minority.

I guess you are right, but here is always at least 3 Irises in the workshops every time I drive past and also a few darts, never any artics.

The Love Guru

You wont see artics at the workshops during the peaks, as they are fully utilised. As for the Iris always being there, that is a good observation and one that i wont comment on!

Bus 400

Ooo a scandal at Belco Depot.....