Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Bus 361 has had some panels fixed up, but not repainted yet.

EDIT: BUS NUMBER FIXED UP.

Snorzac

I think you will find that is 361. The fact that they sent that out is woeful, it looks so dodge, but it does say one thing, Tuggeranong are really short on buses....

Sir Pompously

Alot of companies will send out buses in such a manner until they have time to repaint the panel.

Saw 312 hoisted up on the back of the tow truck at Commonwealth Ave Albert Hall bus stop, ready to depart for Belconnen.

Bus 400

Bus 422 has been given a Snapmaster Poster Frame in the indentation thing behind the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snorzac

848 And 990 are both out with mechanics. 988 is operating the 710 that usually gets a dart.

Bus 400

Would this affect Bus 490 & Buses 464-470?

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/989268

Snorzac

Yes. Apparently mechanics are now refusing to work on 490, don't expect to see it back for a while now.

p_stampy

117 (I'm pretty sure) had that horrible fan belt sound yesterday arvo when it was going up barry drive.

lukeo25

Speaking of 117 i just had on my way to work and its sounding like it needs a new fan belt, i have it every third or forth morning each week on my way to work

p_stampy

993 was stopped with its hazard lights on at calvery hearing towards civic with a heap of people outside who I guess just got bumped off the buss. This was about 430-440ish.

Bus 400

The breakdown van attended to Bus 421 at City West this afternoon.

Bus 791 has been literally taped up. With silver tape covering up parts of the bus, surely ACTION can't be that desperate to keep Bus 791 on the road.

Bus 400

Bus 933 was on the side of the road at LSBS with hazards in.

Bus 423 had a seat back fall off.

Bus 867 is at the back of Belconnen Workshop with heavy front end damage. I keep on thinking it is another bus number so am happy for confirmation.

Barry Drive

119 has been fitted with a new radio. Still a VDO, this model has a USB port for playing MP3 files.

p_stampy

404 was missing the red stop button thing from near the back of the bus... and two of the back seats sounded like they were about to rattle off.... and the screen was stuck half way through changing screens. (yesterday)

p_stampy

spotto'd 867 being towed from belco this morning at about 1015am - front end looked like it was all primer'd up?

smitho

Dead Dart on Athllon: Saw 140 sitting on Athllon Drive @ 1105 this morning, blinkers blinking, engine bay open, passengers contemplating the meaning of life in the Spring sunshine and the bus going nowhere. 

smitho

390 was in at Tuggeranong Depot this morning in preparation for some VIP event requiring it to be refulled, washed and detailed at Tuggeranong;  one of the Steer Tags was receiving similar treatment.

390 appeared to be back in revenue service this afternoon.

The Love Guru

304 was on the back of the tow truck. Have also heard that 927, 305 and 410 have all had their issues the past day or 2. Also 419 had an incident this morning.

p_stampy

900 was sitting on london circuit yesterday arvo with its hazards on, not far from being able to turn into the interchange?

Bus 400

Quote from: p_stampy900 was sitting on london circuit yesterday arvo with its hazards on, not far from being able to turn into the interchange?

Saw that yesterday as well, however some drivers wait like that until it is their time to go to the Platform as there is not really any bus parking in the City Interchange of an afternoon & it holds other buses up on Platform 8 if you are too early. Sometimes the line of buses waiting for/using Platform 8 can go across the road. This could be why some Gungahlin services won't extend to the City in peak times next Network.

Bus 400

Bus 128 was parked on Commonweal Avenue near Parkes Way exit with hazards on. Appears to of been in a bingle with a light truck.

Snorzac

128 just returneto the depot with the rear right corner panel missing

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Chris_Guru on September 22, 2010, 08:34:20 PM
Have also heard that 927, 305 and 410 have all had their issues the past day or 2.

305 was broken down on Yarra Glen yesterday morning.

Bus 400

Bus 404 has broken down at the southbound Floriade stop. It looks like the driver has kneeled the bus down & now the bus doesn't want to go back up.

EDIT: Bus 404 was spotted on a northbound run 90 minutes later.

Snorzac

My 313 broke down again this morning.....

Buzz Killington

852 was sounding rather sick in City Interchange this arvo. Driver was giving it a pretty hard rev.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on October 13, 2010, 07:56:55 AM
My 313 broke down again this morning.....

What I took to be your 313 actually arrived in time to connect with my No. 7 this morning.

Snorzac

Barry Drive

426 is easy to spot at the moment: it's missing a front clearance light.

blackdragon

There was an Irisbus dead on Hindmarsh Dr east bound near the cross with with Melrose Drive about 9am this morning. Both a maintenance truck and supervisors van in attendance. Wasn't close enough (or couldn't be bothered walking close enough) to get a fleet number, but it had an LED desto.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: blackdragon on October 18, 2010, 08:43:04 PM
Wasn't close enough (or couldn't be bothered walking close enough) to get a fleet number, but it had an LED desto.

311. It's the only one with an LED desto.

Bus 400

Bus 141 died on Alinga Street today in between the north & south bound lanes of Northbourne Avenue. It was being attended to by the mechanics, but they returned to Belconnen Workshop & left 141 were it was.

Snorzac

It returned to the depot on the tow truck

CNG

yeah I saw that, it had just completed a 935.

Barry Drive

Why did I think that taking a PR100.3 was a good idea? 115 brokendown in College St.

Snorzac

Saw 115 (and "MyWay") returning to the depot on/in the tow truck about 3pm.

smitho

Breezy bus - Passed 972 on Athllon Drive, Greenway around 1445 today - minus its rear window.

Snorzac

LOL! Some school kids probably pushed it out thinking they were cool.

CNG

that happend in 708 a while back aswell.

Snorzac

990 now features a new front numberplate

Busnerd

why did someone have an acco and break the original one :P

Snorzac

Sir

Saw 104 just outside Mckellar on it's way back to the depot on tow truck followed by an action van. Don't know where or when it broke down.

Bus 400

Bus 125 broke down at Cameron Avenue Bus Station this afternoon.

Bus 400

Bus 999 has had a slight livery change so that the blue line around the bottom of the bus goes right around the back. That red & yellow hash thing has also gone.

Snorzac

Yes, that bus is the reason why 867 has a fresh front.