Majura Parkway - General Discussion

Started by Sir Pompously, July 23, 2009, 10:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

As this seems to be the next very major road project in the ACT, I think it deserves its own thread. I am all for the project, and hope Stage three of it (The main road structure) is up and running ASAP. Majura Road can get very congested, and is a crucial link between the Monaro and Federal Highway's, it is not suitable for use in its current form!

A Website has been set up (Albeit all would probably have seen it) about the project, and feel free to post any news/comments about the road here!

http://www.majuraparkway.act.gov.au/home

Bus 400

I also agree with the project, it is a crucial link in the National Highway Network & would take some pressure of Northbourne Avenue. Also Majura Road looks more like a country road, but it is used as a link to North Canberra/Gungahlin.

O I wonder if anyone remembers Majura Lane & those silly drivers that use to have accidents

Irisbus Rider

Bring on Monash Dr too! It's just on the other side of the mountain......(what a pipey).

smitho

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 23, 2009, 11:31:59 PM

O I wonder if anyone remembers Majura Lane & those silly drivers that use to have accidents

I had my first motorbike accident on Majura Lane when it just had a gravel surface. My front wheel didn't take kindly to a big pothole. I went flying in one direction and the bike in another.....