Bus Stop frozen in time

Started by smitho, July 28, 2009, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

I was over at the ACT Aboriginal Cultural Centre off Lady Denman Drive the other day. (It used to be the National Museum Visitors Centre before Yarramundi was dumped as the location of the Museum in favour of the old Canberra Hospital site on Black Mountain Peninsula).

The bus only loop road looks pretty overgrown and the bus stop is fairly hidden - but the bus stop sign and timetable board are still in place with a well preserved 24 hour clock timetable showing times for the Routes 81 and 981, the 7 days per week tourist service, now a distant memory.   

A blue ACTION style sign closer to the main building directs attention to the location of the bus stop and refers to it being served by the Route 904.

Ed

QuoteRoutes 81 and 981, the 7 days per week tourist service, now a distant memory

Both routes are still in service, 81 for weekdays (School Holidays only) and 981 for all weekends. But on our L&Rs it doesn't say anything about it stopping at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre.

Bus 400

It shows the 81/981 as stopping there at :26 past the hour.

smitho

Quote from: Ed on July 29, 2009, 12:40:09 PM
Both routes are still in service, 81 for weekdays (School Holidays only) and 981 for all weekends. But on our L&Rs it doesn't say anything about it stopping at the Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
Yes, I did a 981 just a few weeks ago - what I was referring to is the 7 days per week service which is "a distant memory" other than at school holidays (not to mention the other now defunct tourist routes).

The Aboriginal Cultural Centre is not yet open to the public on a regular basis so the 981/81s are not required to stop there.

Buzz Killington