Route Rethinking

Started by Bus 503, October 11, 2015, 07:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

Hi everyone,

I was thinking for a few routes, they could change. Here are my ideas:

31: Kaleen south: To Belconnen
Mort, Cooyong, Northbourne, Mouat, (Ellenbourogh) Left Daintree Marybyrnong, Baldwin, Gininderra, Aikman, Emu Bank, Belconnen community, Westfield, Cohen.
The reason for going a round Daintree is avoiding the small roundabout which STAGS cannot get a round. An 8:15 shift to city could really do with a stag, as could a to Kaleen peak shift. The 30 could also do with a few STAGS but I don't know if that would succeed.

Route 4: City west, city bus station, London, Commonwealth, *Exit* State circle, Right, State Circe, (Hobart Ave,) Continue, Tasmasnia Circle, Arthur circle, Left Melbourne Ave, Left Mugga way. Flinders way, Monaro, Golden grove, La Persouse, Carnegie, and continue on normal route.

Route 30 could instead of go the whole way of Marybyrnong, go onto Geogina crescent so it services the shops.

Route 11: That really doesn't have to go round Brindabella park TWICE. And yes, it's a good improvement for the 11 to be going around Laverton again.
Your thoughts?

4 - why? You're cutting a whole lot of frequency between Reid and Manuka.

30 - what do you mean the "whole way of *Maribyrnong"? Why use Georgina? It already services the shops in a much more direct fashion.

11 - it does BBP in both directions to save pax having to go through an annoying diversion one way or another (e.g. they would have to go via Fairbairn in one direction using your suggestion).

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The Love Guru

743 - you're trying to have a logical and informed debate with someone who isn't equipped to do so.

Bus 503

Quote from: 743 on October 11, 2015, 10:37:37 AM
4 - why? You're cutting a whole lot of frequency between Reid and Manuka.

30 - what do you mean the "whole way of *Maribyrnong"? Why use Georgina? It already services the shops in a much more direct fashion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The reason the 4 would skip going to Reid would be because the 200, 11, 9, 10 all service there. One less route (I would think) would not have much of an impact on the amount of routes servicing Reid. And yes, your right. The 4 wouldn't be able to service Manuka which I fully admit is a disadvantage. But you get more of Forrest serviced with routes going up Arthur circle - not that that would develop more patronage.

As for the route 30, I thought it would be a bit closer if the route 30 went up to Geogina crescent. Of course, that improvement is not something that would have to happen, but it would be nice for change and closer for those shopping at Kaleen Plaza to catch a bus home.

The Love Guru

So make changes that will cause a loss in patronage at Manuka to travel via Forest and not gain any more pax. Makes sense.

As for the 30 diversion, what you suggest is stupid. All it will do is slow down the service and by the time you drive around the back of the shops you would have already walked into the shops if the route is left as it is now.

Not that you had any credibility to begin with, however if you keep coming out with crap suggestions like this no one is ever going to take anything you ever say seriously (if we haven't already reached that point)

Also on a side note. The roundabout at the corner of Marybrinanong And Ellenbrough has nothing to do with why STAGs aren't permitted on routes 30 and 31. The STAGs can easily negotiate this roundabout.
As much as you want to be an armchair expert driver, you clearly are not!

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 503 on October 11, 2015, 05:06:36 PM
But you get more of Forrest serviced with routes going up Arthur circle - not that that would develop more patronage.

Route changes are designed to gain patronage, not lose it.

vnguyen

Quote from: Bus 503 on October 11, 2015, 05:06:36 PM
The 4 wouldn't be able to service Manuka which I fully admit is a disadvantage. But you get more of Forrest serviced with routes going up Arthur circle - not that that would develop more patronage.

Forrest does has route 2 and 3 running though it. Also if you reroute 4 it also means that Kingston Shops will be cut from it hence the "Green Line"  won't exist anymore.

If they were to reroute the weekend routes the 934 should be the current route 3. The 932 should be routes 1 from the city to Denison St and continue onto route 2 to Curtin and Woden. This means the Forrest will get served by weekend route via National Circuit.

Barry Drive

Quote from: The Love Guru on October 11, 2015, 05:37:48 PM
The roundabout at the corner of Marybrinanong And Ellenbrough has nothing to do with why STAGs aren't permitted on routes 30 and 31. The STAGs can easily negotiate this roundabout.
Yep. Steerable tags can negotiate the tight roundabouts on 39 and the chicanes on 3, as well as Liversidge / Garran roundabout. But apparently not Ellenborough / Maribyrnong.

Perhaps Bus 503, you need to do a little more research first.