Kambah Group Centre Future....

Started by Bus 400, May 10, 2011, 08:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Below is a link to Stage 1 of community consultation into the future of the Kambah Group Centre (i.e. Kambah Village). While most people wouldn't have visited Kambah Village much in their day, it is the main shops for Kambah.

One point that same may of noticed in their days in Kambah is Kambah West residents would like a bus service from Kambah West to Kambah Village, also for the bus stop to be moved closer to the shops & a better Park & Ride installed.

The report can be found at http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/23025/20110429_-_Kambah_Centre_Outcomes_Report_-_website_version.pdf

Bus 400

On a side note (& I wasn't sure where to post this), the Woolworth's Caltex at Kambah Village will be closed from the 29 September to 2 October. Going by an old DA, the fuel tanks are to be replaced. So (hopefully) this will become the next 3rd going by my count) Woolworth's Caltex in the new corporate collies & a digitalized price board.

Bus 400

For those who aren't aware, the Draft Master Plan For Kambah Group Centre has been released & can be found at http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/24817/201108_-_Kambah_MP.pdf

One thing to note is bus stops within the Group Centre for local bus services (future Kambah West diversion?) & a new rapid service servicing Drakeford Drive with stops just south of the Marconi Crescent intersection. Yes bus stops at the bottom of the steep climb up to the Kambah Group Centre.

What I think is missing is a Kambah Bus Station with Park & Ride. I say this as the centre is very popular with people who dart in on their way home & buy a few things & then drive to their homes in Kambah. Now my Kambah Bus Station would entail 1 bus platform with parking around it. The 62/162 (with possibly the 60/160 in the future) & Xpresso services 705, 785 & 787 (& any future Kambah Xpresso or Drakeford Rapid) would divert into here, pick up City/Belconnen bound passengers & bring them home of an afternoon. It could be located just behind the service station, with access off Harrington Circuit. Of course the proposed traffic lights at that intersection would need to be installed, but by removing the bus stops on Drakeford Drive (the ones without the actual bays) it would make Drakeford Drive safer for all users of Drakeford Drive.