All over advertising

Started by Snorzac, May 04, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 503

403 is now in an AOA for Throsby through the LDA. The AOA is blue/aqua.

Barry Drive

330 has lost its AOA recently. Last known sighting was maybe Friday last week.

Busfanatic101

514 has acquired a new AOA. What is interesting about it is that it seems to be advertising something different on all 3 sides
*Bean & Grain, Fyshwick/Dickson on the nearside
*Schlich Haus on the rear
*The Drawing Room on the driver's side

Barry Drive

The Drawing Room ad is only on the trailer section. The front portion advertises MBS Housing.

So that's 4 separate ads. It qualifies as a "wrap", but does it count as an AOA?

Busfanatic101

I was just about to post a correction, noticing that today. I'm guessing its a first of its kind?

Busfanatic101

I briefly sighted what I think is a new AOA on a Euro 6- did not get number. It could be a new one for Phillip Swimming & Ice Skating Centre, because it had the phrase 'Beat the Summer heat' on it. So keep an eye out for 419 whose AOA it could replace and this light blue AOA. Hope these details are right.

Barry Drive

That will be 578 in the new Phillip Pool AOA.

419 was still in AOA yesterday.

King of Buses

500 now in AOA for Menulog.

stephend723

Bus 540 now CIT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busfanatic101

407 was in full wrap 21/2/17. Yesterday (24/2/17), it only had the ad on both side windows and the back door.
Either its has had extensive panel repairs (after all, significant chunks of panels had been eaten out of 407 and 500), it's getting rewrapped, or it is in the process of being removed.

Such a shame because I really loved the ad, it must have been one of the best of the recent ones. And its only been in existence for <3 weeks :(

Barry Drive

Lock in "B".

You wouldn't remove an AOA only to leave the window ads in place.

Also, the other two recent AOAs (500 & 540) have had the same thing happen - as have many recent standard advertising panels (such as for Winning Appliances).

I can only assume there was some production fault with the vinyl and it's been removed to prevent (further) damaging the bus paintwork.

Busfanatic101

Suggestion "A" I just had to make because it took me way too long to realise the 'exposed metal bus components' of the ad was actually meant to be bite marks  :-[
Suggestion "C" I made because the day when 413 acquired its new AOA it was driving around with only the windows and above on either side wrapped, so they might have been half way through removing the ad and then the bus drove off?

But if 500 and 540 (which were both intact a few days ago) have had that happen then that makes sense...

Busfanatic101

540 was still windows only (saw only right hand side), but 500 had the whole ad below the window but not above (saw only right hand side)- Based off Barry Drive's comments I take it reapplication has begun.

Barry Drive

407*, 500 & 540 AOAs now re-applied. (With acknowledgement to King of Buses for the 500 sighting.)

* 407 is still missing the wrap above the window line, but presumably this will be applied tonight or over the weekend.

Busfanatic101

I note 319's new AOA does not cover the windows.
I haven't seen 315 yet- is that the same?
I don't recall any AOAs that didn't include the window. Is this a new GoTransit thing (windowless option for a cheaper cost- why they'd do that I don't know since they can't use the windows for another ad), a mistake, or just them taking forever to supply the part of the ad for windows?

Barry Drive

At first I didn't think so, but now I believe the 319 AOA is meant to look like that. The slogan at the back says "there for any human", so the intention is that people inside the bus provide the bodies. (A bit like the Australian Posters AOA on 261.)

Only problem is, it doesn't work. Would have suited a PR100.2 better.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on March 10, 2017, 01:21:42 PM
I don't recall any AOAs that didn't include the window.

Outback Jacks (440?) is the most recent one. Many of the earlier Renault ones didn't have windows covered either but that was in the pre vinyl days.

853/Canberra Cannons is another example where the AOA had headless bodies under the windows

Busfanatic101

Barry Drive

"CHC Australia". Same (or similar) AOA has been sighted on 402.

Busfanatic101

So 406 and 500 are in AOA for realestate.com.au
And I am almost very certain the bus heading in the other direction down Northbourne with 463's AOA had fleet number 440, but would be nice if someone could confirm  :-\

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on April 26, 2017, 11:22:53 PM
So 406 and 500 are in AOA for realestate.com.au
And I am almost very certain the bus heading in the other direction down Northbourne with 463's AOA had fleet number 440, but would be nice if someone could confirm  :-\

Yeah, that's 440.

Busfanatic101

378 is in AOA for Solatube

Busfanatic101

587 retains the nearside AOA but has a new and what appears to be completely separate ad on the rear. Did not see drivers side.
At what point does an AOA become not an AOA. Does 385 still count even though it's completely lost its rear? And what of 587. Would it make a difference whether the side I didn't see retains it or not, or is the fact it's had a separate ad replace part of its AOA enough to void its AOA status?

Barry Drive

At last sighting, 587 was still like that - with a different ad on the rear but the remainder of the AOA on both sides. Perhaps they don't have the resources to remove the AOA at the moment.

Meanwhile 403 has received the new version of the Transport Canberra AOA. (So they are able to remove them if they are being replaced.) This wrap has also been applied to 491.

Buzz Killington

Buses 330, 339, 354, 410, and 429 are all in AOA for Floriade.

Busfanatic101

319 sighted this afternoon in Menulog AOA (Saw 319's Amart AOA in the distance yesterday afternoon - and fleetwiki says it was removed yesterday, so that matches up)

Bus 400

I wonder how long until the AOA on Bus 511 will change, with one of the presenters (Lisa Wilkinson) for the Today show no longer presenting.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

They need to hire a permanent replacement first. I'd give it about six months (for the AOA to be changed, not for a replacement).

Slightly off topic, but we still need a photo of the current "Today" side of 511 - without Steve Jacobs.

Meanwhile, "The Drawing Room" restaurant/café/bar at Crace was converted to a Bean & Grain quite some time ago - the AOA on 514 hasn't changed.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on October 22, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
They need to hire a permanent replacement first.

Does this mean there's a select number of buses that are allowed to have AOAs, and it can't be all of them at any stage of the buses service life?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on October 22, 2017, 03:28:24 PM
Does this mean there's a select number of buses that are allowed to have AOAs, and it can't be all of them at any stage of the buses service life?
I think it means they need a permanent replacement for the presenter that left before they can even think about changing the AOA  ::)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Busfanatic101

330 along with 339 and 354 have been marked as AOA removed on ~22 October on fleetwiki, but 330 was still in AOA this afternoon.

Busfanatic101

387 is in a new AOA for H&M, opening soon I believe it said.
A pretty poor AOA given that it took a very hard look to work out what it was for, no good being able to tell that they have clothing for $19 if you don't know where. A tiny red logo on a orange background.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on November 06, 2017, 09:48:51 PM
387 is in a new AOA for H&M
410 as well, I think slightly different design.

King of Buses

Busfanatic101

Busfanatic101

For anyone that missed it, 511 has a new rear section for its AOA for "the ashes".
If it helps for fleetwiki dates, I can confirm it was still operating with "The Block" as of 4:15pm 20/11/17

Buzz Killington

306 is in AOA for Callida Consulting

Busfanatic101

Forgot to mention, bus 500 was out of AOA by 1 Feb

Busfanatic101

589 also out of AOA by this afternoon (4:15pm)

Barry Drive

In the past two months, 14 AOAs have been removed and just one installed (refer to Fleetwiki if you want to know which).

Another one (413) is likely to be removed soon (if it hasn't already).

In order, the oldest AOAs are: 581 582 554 566 448 and 578 - all are over one year old.

Busfanatic101

Bus 578 is now out of AOA

Barry Drive

More AOA removals, notably 378 582 & 390.

Next removals might be 547, 403, 491 (coming up to 1 year), 554 & 566 (coming up to 2 years), 422 & 561 (coming up to 3 months).

Barry Drive

422 561 403 & 547 have been removed. Not sure whether 491 was also removed - haven't seen it.

547 AOA was reapplied about a week later.

And the big news: after nearly eight months absence, Brindabella Christian College is back with two AOAs (so far), 423 & 461.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on July 07, 2018, 11:15:13 AM
422 561 403 & 547 have been removed. Not sure whether 491 was also removed - haven't seen it.
Saw 491 on the 5th still in AOA.

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on July 07, 2018, 03:04:29 PM
Saw 491 on the 5th still in AOA.

I saw it mid-morning on the 6th in AOA.

Barry Drive

The AOA List on fleetwiki has been slightly altered so that recent removals are highlighted (in yellow).

For those who've missed it, all of the previously expected removals have occurred: including 491 554 & 566. 319 has been updated to a new "American Masters" exhibition at NGA - the ad features Warhol's Soup Cans (exhibition commences 24 August: worth a look and it's free!)

AOAs coming up to 12 months in August are: 436 406 & 315; also 710 712 & 379 but these are unlikely to be removed.

Busfanatic101

Only got a brief glimpse but 443 appears to have a new AOA with Trevor Dickinson on it - maybe for his CMAG exhibition (which I haven't had the chance to get out to yet!)

Busnerd

Yes it is for that, it was on WIN News tonight, ACT Bus Facebook page also shared a video of it on London Cct earlier today.