MAN Purchase and Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, January 10, 2009, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Love Guru

Looks like they are running out of room to store them at B!

Bus 400

Bus 405 was in service this afternoon.

Buzz Killington

405 & 406 both entered service today

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 23, 2010, 06:20:37 PM
405 & 406 both entered service today

Do these have TV monitors as with the main Redex fleet?

(I noticed some of the Belco 390 series MANs being used on Tuggeranong routes today and wondered if the Belco Redex runs were being covered by 400 series buses).

Snorzac

406 was on Redex as was 404. 404 has screens so I dare say the rest would have them.

413 is here as well, at Belco, still no sign of 411

smitho

Noticed that Belco starters appeared to be issuing diesel MANs for several non-Redex shifts yesterday morning; passed one doing a northbound 26 near Cooleman Court yesterday pm.

417 was outside Belco workshop this am - no number plates yet.

Snorzac

Yeah they have been, yesterday each platform at Cohen had a diesel MAN, 403 on a 52 (403 was rear ended this morning on Haydon Drive), 390 on a 710 and 402 on the 314 that has 404 as a shift bus.

Snorzac

418 has arrived-Martin's twitter feed.

Barry Drive

Looks like 407 was in service for the first time today.

Buzz Killington

Martin's Twitter Feed advises that 411 has been spotted in Tuggeranong Depot. Not sure how long it's been there for.

smitho

Yes, there have been a number of diesel MANs parked at Tuggeranong Depot since at least Easter Monday...in row zero at the northern end of the shed. Albino Scania is still on the bricks and the two steer tags remain parked at the western end of the bricks.

Bus 400

Bus 408 was on Redex this afternoon (I checked the Twitter pages first this time).

smitho

The diesel MANs which have been cluttering up the gas bus layover area at Belco Depot for several weeks were nearly all gone this am - making me suspect Belco has now started issuing some of the more recent arrivals to Redex shifts (as the original Belco Redex MANs seemed to be in heavy use on general routes today).

Buzz Killington

I spotted a few of the 40# series on Redex this arvo (including two right behind one another, both operating Redex), so that sounds about right.

smitho

I saw 420 and 421 arrive together at Tuggeranong Depot at around 0930 this morning.

They're now parked in amongst the trees on the grassed area immediately south of the tennis courts....

Buzz Killington

Lol, they're really starting to run outta room..

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Is it so hard to deliver these buses in order?!

lukeo25

Maybe thats why woden depot will have buses going to it starting monday as smitho reported earlier

Snorzac

Special Needs is moving to Woden

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Scania K320UB on April 09, 2010, 10:48:56 PM
Special Needs is moving to Woden

Never thought we'd see you move from Belco..

Bus 400

There appears to be 3/4 unregistered MAN's in at the workshop end of Tuggeranong shed. That is besides 420 & 421 that are up on the grass with what appears to be some sort of trolley under 421.

Bus 416 has moved from in front of 465.

smitho

I saw 424 in the grassed are today.

smitho

As at yesterday morning, stored diesel MANs @ Tuggy Depot included 411, 415, 419 and 420 (all in Row Zero, main garage) and on the grass were 416 and 421....didn't check out the workshop area, but I guess 424 was over there. Not much seemed to have changed today. As far as I can tell, all are fitted with TV monitors.

Snorzac

409 is close to entering service, workshops were driving it around Belconnen this afternoon, still needs a wayfarer

Bus 400

Bus 409 was spotted on London Circuit with 51 on the desto tonight.

Buzz Killington

Mentioned in the Woden Depot thread also, but just to cover all bases, three diesel MANs were parked at Woden Depot this evening

Bus 400

Does anyone know why it seems to take around 6 weeks from delivery of the new buses to the new buses entering service? If it has to do with the new ticketing system, why not install the new ticketing machines in these buses & start to trial with a small group like Seniors Gold Card holders. I was going to suggest school students, but a group of them out there will more then likely damage the buses within a term.

Snorzac

I dare say it takes so long because ACTION are fucked!

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on April 23, 2010, 11:25:28 PM
Does anyone know why it seems to take around 6 weeks from delivery of the new buses to the new buses entering service?

Testing and whatnot to make sure it doesn't shit itself once its out on the road I'd assume, but six weeks seems a bit much.

Bus 400

Buses 422 & 423 have arrived at Woden Depot. I spotted the extra 2 buses sometime this week.

It looks like one of the other MAN's has moved as where Bus 414 was, a Scania 14.5 is now in its place (468 hasn't moved).

Snorzac

403 and 405 are were out today

Bus 400

Bugger that's 5 as 391,392 & 395 were also out & about.

Bus 400

Bus 410 has a special rear number plate like Bus 400, except it is red & not black.

Barry Drive

It's not special, it's plastic. The plates normally used the same ones previously used on the old buses. So if they use re-made plates it means they lost the original set.

As hinted at on Twitter, expect to see 412 in service soon (today perhaps) and 411 shortly afterwards (next week perhaps).

Bus 400

There are a few more MAN's at Woden Depot, with a few now using the north shed (no idea what each shed is called, but north shed is closer to Woden).

Bus 400

Buses 415 & 420 are the 2 extras, Bus 422 has been moved away from Woden Depot.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 08, 2010, 05:47:40 PM
Buses 415 & 420 are the 2 extras, Bus 422 has been moved away from Woden Depot.

You might consider getting your eyes checked. 422 was there today around 1.30 pm. It is 413 which was not there (or at least I did not see it) - so it may also be getting ready to go into service.

Bus 400

Never saw 413 when it was there

Snorzac

411 entered service this afternoon

Snorzac

Saw 406 along with 351 been driven into Belco depot with the number plates on today, I am assuming the guys driving were from Custom Coaches as they weren't ACTION. They both left in 351 a few minutes later.

smitho

Most of the today's Intertowns worked by Belco drivers operated with diesel MANs. Good to see. 

Snorzac

They should almost be able to do Sunday's entirely low floor now, meaning the whole network would be accessible. The last two 905s have been 18.320s

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on May 16, 2010, 04:36:37 PM
Most of the today's Intertowns worked by Belco drivers operated with diesel MANs. Good to see. 

Wondered why I saw 412 on a 961 yesterday..

Lockie

Quote from: Stacka on May 16, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
They should almost be able to do Sunday's entirely low floor now, meaning the whole network would be accessible. The last two 905s have been 18.320s

Still plenty of orange going my way.. (956:(
Saturday's are good for me though for some reason.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Stacka on May 16, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
They should almost be able to do Sunday's entirely low floor now, meaning the whole network would be accessible.
That would entirely depend on how many Irisbuses are NOT in the workshops. But they should be able to cover all 900s with low floors by now.

Bus 400

I spotted another MAN at Woden Depot today (behind 'Matilda') which was Bus 416.