triumph

Yesterday
545 (R3)
563 (57)
499 (57)
437 (R4)
810 (51)
811 (31)
931 (47) Outbound paused at stop beyond Lachlan St in Coulter Dr while driver listened to operations notifying of traffic accident and diversions to routes 32 and 45. Route 47 was not mentioned so, with some doubt I think, carried on. Sure enough, an accident site at junction of Coulter Dr and Shumack St came into view with traffic 'U' turning. Picked up passengers waiting at a stop and then did a multi-point turn and returned back to Lachlan St.. Continued via Lachlan and Redfern Sts to rejoin route. Then, a bit late, operations remembered route 47. Driver remarked to me he was grateful was not assigned a 'bendy'.
452 (47) Diversion still in place inbound.
665 (R3)

Barry Drive

Quote from: triumph on April 04, 2024, 09:54:50 AM931 (47) Outbound paused at stop beyond Lachlan St in Coulter Dr while driver listened to operations notifying of traffic accident and diversions to routes 32 and 45. Route 47 was not mentioned so, with some doubt I think, carried on. Sure enough, an accident site at junction of Coulter Dr and Shumack St came into view with traffic 'U' turning. Picked up passengers waiting at a stop and then did a multi-point turn and returned back to Lachlan St.. Continued via Lachlan and Redfern Sts to rejoin route. Then, a bit late, operations remembered route 47. Driver remarked to me he was grateful was not assigned a 'bendy'.

If the bus was beyond Lachlan St at the time, it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. No point of escape until the accident site.

triumph

True. Possibly why the driver elected to continue on and have a look, but the lack of advice re route 47 from operations was more likely foremost in the driver's mind. Police later reported multiple vehicles involved in the accident with no injuries. When a diversion due to a crash happens, it is always concerning as to the seriousness for those involved in the crash.   

Snorzac

Sometimes you do get stuck in awkward spots with accidents, I was once running empty back to belconnen from Kippax late at night and the police closed Southern Cross/Coulter Dr after I had gone past the last availiable exit, the best thing to do is exactly what your driver did and just exercise a bit of patience, eventually the police guided me through the accident scene without interfering with any of the evidence that needed to be collected 

Sylvan Loves Buses

980 (72S)
301 (71N)

The weirdest thing happening this morning with 980, don't know if I should speak about it here or not because it's so out there that it may be really inappropriate. It was so weird that I'm tempted to see if the driver has 980 tomorrow and ride it to see if it happens again. I've never experienced anything like this on a Renault before, and I've seen/heard a lot of things over the last 27 years.
Also wow 301 still has all the old seating fabric, such a sight for sore eyes.

L94UBbusfan

I do rather like that 301 still has the old seat covers. Correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe 301 is the only bus in the fleet without the rainbow or blue seat covers?

Sylvan Loves Buses

The bus drivers on here would know better than me.

So far today:
980 (72S) - he's had this every day this week lol. I thought shift buses were a thing of the past.
308 (71N)

triumph

triumph

705 (R3)
706 (R4) Consecutive fleet numbers is quite rare for me.
633 (57)
382 (57) Very unusual, just after mid-day, a full load boarded at Federation Mall stop. Had MyWays too.
399 (R3)

triumph

933 (47) 2nd oldest bus in service use.
544 (47)

L94UBbusfan

triumph

Yesterday
393 (R3)
420 (32)
459 (32)
453 (R3)

Today
428 (R3)
497 (R3)

triumph

552 (R3)
491 (R5)
343 (65)
445 (R7)
001 (R1)
507 (R8)
509 (R3)

triumph

Should have mentioned in previous post - R7 diverted (as did all other N bound traffic) into State Circle (clockwise) thence via Flynn and Coronation Drives back to Commonwealth Ave. This was due to a serious crash (reported on in the media) some 12 hours! earlier. Even so there were glimpses of a car just being loaded on to a tow truck.

L94UBbusfan

452 (24)
530 (R2) - sounded awful
674 (R4) - new AOA, looks ok, however I didn't get any photos
367 (71)
482 (R4)
601 (R3)
627 (24)

Saw 473 broken down on Barry Drive around 5pm, didn't look too serious, tow truck was there