Christmas/New Year/Nightrider 2012-13

Started by Barry Drive, October 24, 2012, 12:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

It's nearly that time of year again!

This year, ACTION will be running Nightriders starting from 8 December and operating each Sat/Sun morning until New Years Eve. No more details yet, but will probably be the same as every other year.

Also, the modified Dec/Jan timetable is likely to be run for TWO WEEKS, from 24 Dec until 4 Jan.

Barry Drive

Looks like the modified timetable will be different this year - it will be for 2 weeks as previously mentioned, and will be much more like the regular network but with fewer Xpressos. Also look out for artics during off peak on Rapid routes and elsewhere.

Bus 400

A Google Transit feed update is now available with this information included.

Changes include-
Boddington Crescent, Kambah no longer is serviced on Christmas Day.
Route 91 services Wheeler Cr instead of Sternberg
Route 92 services Theodore St instead of going all the way around Carruthers St
Route 96 only skirts along the edge of Giralang & Kaleen

Bonner, Forde,Casey,Franklin, Harrison & Crace still miss out on a Christmas service through the suburbs.

In the special weekday timetable, it looks like every route will run with barely any change to the current services (this includes the 312-319).

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 24, 2012, 11:48:40 PM
Boddington Crescent, Kambah no longer is serviced on Christmas Day.

Seriously?!

Bus 400

Totally, 91 goes:
R Marconi
L Drakeford
R O'Halloran
C Normal Running

Buzz Killington

How odd.

Am I correct in assuming that passengers didn't have to tag on and off last year? I realise its a free service and hard to draw assumptions or patterns from one day a year.. Maybe they'd just rely on driver feedback

Bus 400

I'm fairly certain that the driver does press a button on the BDC for each boarding. But surely 25 odd years of Christmas services in Kambah isn't going to be the same as one year of MyWay data.

The Love Guru

25 odd years?

Obviously you don't recall when buses didn't run on Christmas, New Years and Good Friday!

Bus 400

I am only 24 in just under 3 weeks, but back when I was a young tucker living in Torrens. My Gran caught the Christmas bus from Kambah with the bus going to the end of Summerland Cct then turning around & going back to Tuggeranong.

belcodriver

Quote from: The Love Guru on November 25, 2012, 09:48:44 AM
25 odd years?

Obviously you don't recall when buses didn't run on Christmas, New Years and Good Friday!

I think there were times when they shut down entirely the week between Xmas and New Years.

Barry Drive

Also appears as though the Nightrider timetable will change. More details when it becomes publicly available.

Bus 400

Nightrider Timetable is now public, biggest change is every service leaves 30 minutes earlier then they did last year. With the extra NYE services leaving 30 to 60 minutes later then last year depending on the route.

Bus 400

Going through the modified timetable, the 57 gets an hourly service from 19:30 to 22:30.

Here are the maps for the 91 & 96.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 25, 2012, 09:28:07 PM
Nightrider Timetable is now public, biggest change is every service leaves 30 minutes earlier then they did last year. With the extra NYE services leaving 30 to 60 minutes later then last year depending on the route.
They weren't the changes I was expecting. But the Nightrider timetable has been removed so perhaps more changes are coming.

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 25, 2012, 09:44:09 PM
Here are the maps for the 91 & 96.
I wouldn't put too much faith in the Google transit maps. For instance, does it take 6 minutes from Kambah Village to Kambah Centre via the route shown?

Bus 400

The Christmas/Modified timetable is now available from the City MyWay Office.

Barry Drive

Looks like the Nightrider info was pulled from the website because the New Years Eve timetable had the wrong times on it.

But, in case anyone besides me cares, there are still at least 2 incorrectly spelled suburb names.

Barry Drive

Only just realised: SATURDAY 29 December will be using the Sunday timetable. This is despite it not being a Public Holiday. They last put on a Sunday timetable on 26 Dec 2009, but in that case it was understandable (even though not technically a public holiday).

Barry Drive

Re-opening this topic.

Modified timetable for 2013/14 will be out soon. As occurred last year, modified timetable will run for 2 weeks, commencing 23 December. I don't expect there will be many changes to the timetables from last year (if any).

Barry Drive

Printed/online timetables are not out yet, but the GTFS file has been released. As happened last year, the Saturday of the Christmas week (28 December) will operate to the SUNDAY / PUBLIC HOLIDAY timetable.

Bus 400

After playing with the data, I've found a few changes compared to last year.

*318/319 run from Lanyon to Belconnen from 19:00 onwards
*57 departing Gungahlin at 22:36
*705 runs this year, the 749 still doesn't
*Christmas services run a few minutes earlier.
*It looks like the 100 will run into next year.

Barry Drive

No announcement on the website yet, but booklets may be available now - Tuggeranong Bus Station had them yesterday.