4 (40%)
393 on Vernon Circle
5 (50%)
213-037 at Woden Bus Station
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 01, 2015, 09:28:48 AM

Barry Drive

Time for Photo of the Month for October. Yes, October. Already.

The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net front page for a month (and added to the POTM archive) and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner-up(s) will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery.

The rules:
  • photo must be "owned" by the person submitting it (if not, you must have the permission of the photographer to submit the photo - and identify the photographer)
  • two* photographs may be submitted by any one person, provided they have not been submitted before

• submitted photographs must prominently feature:
    • bus infrastructure (such as bus stop, bus station, bus depot) within the ACT / Queanbeyan region (location must be specified)
    and/or
    • a bus from the ACT or Queanbeyan (taken within the region or a former ACT/Queanbeyan bus) where -
      • the bus is in focus
      • the fleet or registration number of the bus is identifiable (or supplied by photographer if not visible in photograph)
  • photos narrower than 640 pixels will not be accepted

If possible, please supply date or month of photo.

Refer here for full ACT Bus photo submission conditions.

Photos can be submitted three ways: (1) by posting to this forum topic (2) by posting on ACT Bus facebook page (and mentioning POTM) (3) by contacting ACT Bus (submit a "contact us" form, send a message to our Facebook page or send me a Private Message) - and we'll send you an email address.

* This month we are seeking photos of: Special Needs Transport buses (Rosas or Hinos). If you submit such a photo, you may still submit 2 other new photos (3 photos in total).

To ensure consistency, photos must be displayed with a width of 640 (or height if 640 if a "portrait" aspect) - photos wider than 640 are required to use the option width=640 or height=640 in the image tag. For example: [img width=640] instead of [img].

Submissions close midnight 25 September, Australian Eastern Standard Time, unless extended.

Voting will commence on 26 September. Voting will close on 1 October.

Bus 503

My entries this month include:

896 at city layover

896 with 571

Barry Drive

My contributions:

Bus 406 exiting City Bus Station on Route 7

Bus 406 at City platform 3

And the bonus photo: 215-214 at Woden Layover

Bus 400

My contribution of Bus 424 leaving Kippax Bus Station to have a break.

Roadcoach SB39KG (aka Kristy) at Queanbeyan Railway Station before departing on the Cootamundra service.

Busfanatic101

My submissions:

499 operating a northbound 938 at stop 2265, near Garran Primary (1/3/15)

981 on Soward Way at Anketell Street (Greenway) (14/1/15)

King of Buses

From me this time are...

578 at Woden Bus Station laying over before operating a 962 to Tuggeranong

393 doing a route 935 on Vernon Circle during the closure of London Cct a few weeks back.

213-037 at Woden Bus Station Platform One operating the Woden community service loop.

Barry Drive

Voting has commenced. Someone remind me to ask Busfanatic101 for more meaningful locations.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 26, 2015, 09:54:39 AM
Someone remind me to ask Busfanatic101 for more meaningful locations.
Sorry. Location info has been improved

Barry Drive

One day left to vote. We currently have a tie. If you haven't voted, today is the day.

Bus 503

Just confirming, will the three runner ups all proceed to the POTyear vote?

Snorzac

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 17, 2015, 10:56:20 AM
The winning photo will be loaded to the actbus.net front page for a month (and added to the POTM archive) and posted to ACT Bus on Facebook. The winner and runner-up(s) will also be included in the Photo of the Year vote. By submitting a photo, you are giving permission for it to be loaded onto the ACT Bus Gallery.

Barry Drive

Maybe. We'll see what the final numbers look like. Never before have 3 runners-up been included in a Photo of the Year vote (from the same month).

The bonus photo category for this month will be former-AOA buses.

And for December, it will be bike racked Scania 14.5s and artics.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on October 02, 2015, 04:05:51 PM
The bonus photo category for this month will be former-AOA buses.
Is this buses in their former AOAs or any bus that has formerly had an AOA?