Skyfire Shuttles 2011

Started by Buzz Killington, March 15, 2011, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Skyfire is on Saturday 19 March on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin. ACTION and FM104.7 will be providing free chartered buses to the event and back.
Buses to the event

City Bus Station

Buses will depart from Platform 3 approximately every 20 minutes from 4pm. The last service will depart at 7.30pm.

Woden Bus Station

Buses will depart from Platform 10 approximately every 20 minutes starting from 4pm. The last service will depart at 7.30pm.

Belconnen Bus Stations

Buses will depart from Cohen Street (Platform 1), Westfield Bus Station (Platform 1) and Belconnen Community Bus Station (Platform 1) approximately every 20 minutes starting from 4pm. The last service will depart at 7.30pm.

Gungahlin

Buses will depart every 20 minutes from Gungahlin Market Place from 4pm. The last service will depart at 7.30pm.

Regular ACTION bus services

Route 900 departs all Bus Stations every 30 minutes and will service the bus stop on Commonwealth Avenue. Normal fares apply.

Buses from the event

At the end of the event, buses will depart from both sides of Commonwealth Avenue and take passengers to Tuggeranong, Woden, City, and Belconnen Bus Stations and to the Gungahlin Marketplace.

Bus 400

On a bit of a side note, the Defence Force Hornets will be conducting rehearsals on Friday at 1815 in the Central Basin of Lake Burley Griffin. The information I have received, does not mention if the FA18's are part of this rehearsals.

Snorzac

It's an FA18 Hornet there is no difference between "Defence Force Hornets" and FA18s.

Also, any word on Raiders shuttles for Friday night?

Bus 400

Below is a bit more information I was able to find out on the Defence displays:

Hornet rehearsal, Friday, 18 March

A routine aerial display rehearsal by an F/A-18 Classic Hornet will take place over Lake Burley Griffin at 6.15pm. 

The aircraft may fly as low as 1000 feet over residential areas, descending to around 500 feet in the vicinity of Lake Burley Griffin.  It will come from the west (just to the south of Black Mountain). 

Those in the area may notice increased noise for a period of 10 minutes while this practice is occurring. All efforts will be made to minimise disruptions.

Skyfire 2011, Saturday 19 March

Defence activities include:

6.05pm and 7.05pm:   Australia's Federation Guard Precision Drill Team integrated with artillery fire demonstration at Rond Terrace
6.15pm:   F/A-18 Classic aerial display over Central Basin, coming from the west
6.30pm:      Army's Red Berets Parachute Jump Team display, landing in water adjacent to Rond Terrace
8.29pm:   Australia's Federation Guard Artillery Gun display at Rond Terrace

Bus 400

I was discussing this at work yesterday & I wonder what other people think?

Should Deanes buses also be hired to take people from Queanbeyan to & from Skyfire?

As Queabeyan residents make up a chunk of 104.7's listeners.

Busnerd

what like 30 people, the only ones who can afford radio's