Network 2010

Started by King of Buses, August 08, 2010, 05:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

I've read somewhere over the past few days that the new ACTION network will start in November 2010.
This includes the Redex extension to DFO.

CNG

that sounds right becuase that is around the same time of the next shift spill

Snorzac

I think you will find that it will be the same day as the beginning of Term 4, which is during October

Bus 400

Which is also when Westfield Belconnen Bus Station & ABS Bus Station will open & Cameron Avenue & Lathlain Street Bus Station's will close.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on August 08, 2010, 07:38:58 PM
I think you will find that it will be the same day as the beginning of Term 4, which is during October
That may have been the original intention but, like King of Buses , I've also been seeing references to November as when Network 10 will commence.

King of Buses

Hopefully that is when My Way Ticketing system commences.
Also, July 2011 is when Network 11 starts as Australian Bus magazine reports.

blackdragon

Given ACTION has no money, don't be surprised if Network 10 has fewer services not an expansion of services..

Bus 400

The Redex integration & expansion is a part of Network 2010. Otherwise it will more then likely be the changes for Belconnen Upgrade completion. With a few timetable fix ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNG

will a new weekend network happen?

Bus 400

At a guess, only minor changes. Nothing major can be done until the mandatory weekend shifts are agreed on.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MyWay on August 11, 2010, 12:32:03 PM
That may have been the original intention but, like King of Buses , I've also been seeing references to November as when Network 10 will commence.

Today's Canberra Times states that Network 10 is expected to begin on 1 November, and will include the REDEX extension as well as improved frequencies to Kippax and the Parliamentary Triangle.

Barry Drive

Hopefully "improved frequency" means that 4 5 80 & 727 are scheduled so that there is an even gap between them. Does improved Kippax frequency mean new services to West Macgregor?

Bus 400

I would hope a few route changes were to go ahead in Gungahlin. Why can't all the residents of Casey, Bonner & Forde enjoy the benefits of a bus service (at least)?

Buzz Killington

Reminds me of the laughable piece in the Sunday Canberra Times a few weeks back where they sent one reporter to Conder, the other to Ngunnawal and timed to see how long it took each to get to Parliament House.

One choice quote from a random passenger was essentially "I heard that Harrison doesn't even have any bus routes servicing it". Completely false. Why include that quote when it's not even correct?

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz KillingtonOne choice quote from a random passenger was essentially "I heard that Harrison doesn't even have any bus routes servicing it". Completely false. Why include that quote when it's not even correct?

Especially when the bus they caught went past Harrison (Route 727).

Barry Drive

The new shifts are finally out. Known changes are: 44 will be diverted via West Macgregor, new 57 will service Franklin, 727 & 5 north replaced by 200; route 50 will operate City <--> GMP in evenings (after 7pm). ABS station is called "Belconnen Community Station"; Westfield station will not be timed, so services will not wait there. No indication of any other changes.

CNG

are there any shifts with following runs together, the 26, 27, 17 and 16

Bus 400

Does the 57 terminate at GMP or follow the 56 & 58 to Belconnen?
 It is good to see that buses don't have to wait at the middle bus station. Hopefully the timings have been worked out properly.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on September 20, 2010, 06:16:37 PM
The new shifts are finally out. Known changes are: 44 will be diverted via West Macgregor, new 57 will service Franklin, 727 & 5 north replaced by 200 + 50 to operate City -> GMP in evenings. ABS station is called "Belconnen Community Station"; Westfield station will not be timed, so services will not wait there. No indication of any other changes.

New shifts confirm that southern terminus of Route 200 will be Fyshwick DFO.
Diesel MANs are identified on the shift cards as Euros.
Steer tags are referred to as Stags.

Barry Drive

Departure points at City Interchange will be modified. Regular (daytime) routes will no longer depart from Platform 10 (Northbourne Ave). Changes are as follows:

1: no change
2: 2 (south), 3 (south) -- unsure where platform will be located; possibly former platform 1
3: "Blue Rapid" (to Belconnen) -- rumours are that bus bay will be extended
4: no change
5: 2 (north), 7
6: no change
7: add 6 (south)
8: add 50, 57, 200, remove 5, 727
9: replace 727 with 200

Also, not sure whether peak hour extensions to 51, 52 and 59 will exist in new network.

Platform allocations for "Belconnen Community Station" are as follows:

South/East bound
1: "Blue Rapid"
2: 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 705, 710, 749
3: 3, 7, 10, 30, 31, 45, 71, 74

North/West bound
4: 12, 13, 14, 15, 312, 313, 314, 315
5: 43, 44, 73
6: 16, 17

EDIT: Intertown now Blue Rapid, 10 departs from Pl 3

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 20, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
New shifts confirm that southern terminus of Route 200 will be Fyshwick DFO.
Diesel MANs are identified on the shift cards as Euros.
Steer tags are referred to as Stags.

Are the stamps in the same font as the CNG and the Irisbus ones?
Also with the Redex shifts, do they still include just redex on them or do they now include other runs for example,
std
MEAL
EURO
SIGN IN CASH OFF

lukeo25

Will the 80 change due to redex going to dfo, i suspect there might a little change.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: CNG on September 21, 2010, 06:38:59 AM

Are the stamps in the same font as the CNG and the Irisbus ones?
Also with the Redex shifts, do they still include just redex on them or do they now include other runs for example,
std
MEAL
EURO
SIGN IN CASH OFF
Does the font of the stamp really matter?

CNG

Busnerd

Seriously, the font of a stamp on a shift card you don't even need to see as you don't work there.

smitho

From memory, bus types are identified in standard typeface (font) rather than with stamps.

Don't recall seeing any shifts that are entirely 200's. 200 runs are mixed in with other runs and from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?

Not sure whether 80's will still run to DFO. Will check.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used.

Which would why the Redex logos weren't installed on the new Flemington Road stop bollards.

Barry Drive

80 will still go to DFO; 57 is City -> GMP only.

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 21, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
From memory, bus types are identified in standard typeface (font) rather than with stamps.

Don't recall seeing any shifts that are entirely 200's. 200 runs are mixed in with other runs and from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?

Not sure whether 80's will still run to DFO. Will check.

In relation to that will the 200 still have only MAN's operating on it?

Barry Drive

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 05:53:19 AM

I believe so. All the Belco ones do. (And route 50 does as well.)

[1000th post!]

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on September 21, 2010, 06:24:00 PM
I like to know details

Me too. Please post a high resolution photo of your front door key, your address and the times when no one is home.

bubzie

Quote from: belcodriver on September 22, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
Me too. Please post a high resolution photo of your front door key, your address and the times when no one is home.

Why cant i like comments/posts on here yet?

p_stampy

Quote from: belcodriver on September 22, 2010, 11:09:26 AM

LOL

King of Buses

The 1st 788 south  driver says that the 19/319 won't service Bonython with the new network so they could put Steer Tags on the route.

Buzz Killington

That seems strange. If they swapped the 19 and the 66 so that the 66 ran along Kingscote and the 19 ran around Barr Smith surely that would eliminate the issue.

smitho

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 05:53:19 AM
Although some Tuggy shifts are designated with "MAN" runs, from memory, the 200s are designated as CNG runs.

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 22, 2010, 08:21:02 PM
Although some Tuggy shifts are designated with "MAN" runs, from memory, the 200s are designated as CNG runs.

So that means CNG scannias will also be able to service the 200, wounder if any of the belco shifts with 200's on them require an IRIS-BUS.
Also is this what the stamps look alot like,

IRIS-BUS
CNG-BUS
MIDI-BUS
EURO
STAG
PR100.3

p_stampy

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
So that means CNG scannias will also be able to service the 200, wounder if any of the belco shifts with 200's on them require an IRIS-BUS.
Also is this what the stamps look alot like,

IRIS-BUS
CNG-BUS
MIDI-BUS
EURO
STAG
PR100.3

Are you planning on printing out your own or something?

CNG

No I just like to know what they look like.

Sir Pompously

They're stamps, generic store font stamps. I can understand wanting to know what the font of the ACTION logo is, or how the shift card is layed out, but the font of a stamp that is just a generic (Only ordered to have the words to ACTION standards) is just whacko. Intricate details like that will later drive you insane.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on September 22, 2010, 05:17:21 PM
The 1st 788 south driver says that the 19/319 won't service Bonython with the new network so they could put Steer Tags on the route.
Only problem with that theory is that the 19/319 is already an approved steer-tag route.

Had a further look at the shifts. From what I've seen, some sanity has prevailed: all Belco Intertown routes are specified as STAG (steer-tag) or EURO (MAN Diesel) - Irisbus Agoralines and Bike Rack Renaults are no longer allocated to Intertown routes. Which isn't to say that you will never see them on Intertowns. The Belco depot 200/50 are exclusively EURO. For Tuggeranong shifts, 200/50 are CNG only and Intertowns are CNG & STAG.

Quote from: smitho on September 21, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
... from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?
I doubt that. Aren't there radio ads which refer to Redex services to Fyshwick? I think you will find that the Redex posters were removed because the route is being changed, making the posters incorrect.

CNG

yeah but do any shifts have irisbus allocations on them. It is like with the tuggers intertown runs all them are CNG allocated however alot of the drivers take the Mk1's.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on September 24, 2010, 12:23:40 AM

I doubt that. Aren't there radio ads which refer to Redex services to Fyshwick? I think you will find that the Redex posters were removed because the route is being changed, making the posters incorrect.

That may be correct - but advice about the end to the use of 'Redex' came from a usually reliable source. Also note that unlike current Redex shift cards, shift cards with the new 200 services don't have any reference to 'Redex' with the 200 series runs as far as I can recall.

'Redex' was initially linked to the fact that it was started as a 'Trial' (recalling the Redex trial of the 1950s) and with the emphasis on limited stop,  'Rapid' service... that trial has now ended. With the introduction of quite a few new stops in August this year and (apparently) additional timing points from November, the new Redex (if it keeps that name) probably won't be quite as rapid as the original version.

But agree though that the new permanent Redex signs on Flemington Rd suggests the that the term Redex may survive into the new Network.

CNG

are there any new belco shifts with CNG on them apart from weekends?

CNG

I was told by a driver who is non related to this forum that there are only 5 fulltime day shifts that are not spilt.

CNG

well that is what just a driver told me however it sounded pritty crazy.

smitho

Re new shifts (currently off the table), notice in Belco Depot warns drivers that for bus allocation purposes, "Standard Bus" will be taken to mean either a Mark 2  OR a PR100.3.....

CNG

smitho

Latest versions of the shifts with Route 200s refer to the intermediate timings as being "for indicative purposes only" - so they are NOT timing points - and so these services will run in a similar fashion to current 727s.

Buzz Killington

Timetables are out 1 November.

King of Buses

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on September 21, 2010, 12:13:23 AM
3: Intertown (to Belconnen) -- rumours are that bus bay will be extended

Work has begun to extend platform 3 @ City Interchange.

Barry Drive

Picked up the Network 10 brochure today. In addition to expected changes, "Intertown" routes will be renamed "Blue Rapid"; Green Line and Gold Line nomenclature will be used for the common parts of routes 4 & 5 and 2 & 3 respectively.
All(?) Interchanges will be renamed Bus Stations.

Sir Pompously

Well Tuggeranong is set, already has Bus Station on all the older signage. Blue platform numbers on Platform 1 have popped up at 'Belconnen Community Centre' in line with "Blue Rapid".

lukeo25

Any mention of weekend services? Or not? I hope a better weekend network comes with the new network!

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on October 30, 2010, 02:30:08 PM
Any mention of weekend services? Or not? I hope a better weekend network comes with the new network!
Only that there will be weekend changes and to pick up a new weekend bus book.

Buzz Killington

I really wish they'd issue a weekday bus book..

lukeo25

I wish there was a bus book for monday to friday services, like back in the past it would make life easier

Bus 400

Has the word of a bus driver about the 319 skipping Bonython in Network 2010 been confirmed yet?

Barry Drive

19/319 will still service Bonython, but the route is rumoured to change.

lukeo25

no new timetables online yet :(

Barry Drive

They are now available. http://www.action.act.gov.au/Routes_101001/index.htm

According to the timetables I've viewed:
Route 19/319 and 58 remain unchanged (which means the stops at Well Station Dr/Flemington Road will not be serviced during off peak).

Route 2 has been re-directed via London Circuit East and travels to/from Canberra Centre using Cooyong St (good luck staying on time during peak).

Route 59 has finally been re-directed through Mulligans Flat & Jessie St.

Route 3 will become a full easy access route again (apart from the 2 early morning trips).

Some timetable maps still show "Lathlain St Bus Station" instead of Westfield Bus Station.

Platform 2 at City Bus Station will be the old platform 1.

smitho

Hard copy timetables were being put out for public collection at the Civic bus information centre when I passed through Bailey's Arcade at around 0845 this morning.

There is also a large foldout Guide to the main changes involved in Network 2010; didn't see a new network map or the Weekend Bus Book but I guiess they were yet to be unpacked.

New terms:

Red Rapid = extended Redex/Route 200,
Blue Rapid = Intertown,
Gold Line = Routes 2 & 3 (ANU/Civic-Parliament-Deakin),
Green Line = Routes 4 & 5 (Civic-Russell-Parliamentary Zone-Kingston)

Buzz Killington

Interesting (and good) that you can now get maps for school services on the ACTION site.

Bus 400

The new Weekend book & network map were available by asking the information person.

Bus 400

The brochure about the Network 2010 updates is being sent out to homes in the junk mail, with my street receiving their copy tonight.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 01, 2010, 05:04:58 PM
The new Weekend book & network map were available by asking the information person.
Yeah, he was pretty helpful but was still unpacking stuff when I was there ...

Buzz Killington

All route listings on ACT Bus have been updated, with school buses being progressively updated this week.

Busnerd

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 01, 2010, 05:04:58 PM

I didn't ask, I picked up a new map and a weekend bus book from the abundant supplies available

CNG

looking at the new network on the action website it was great to see that all 70's series runs are now easy access allocated.

The Love Guru

Good to see they have altered the 59 through Forde, MyWay and I will be familiar with the new route.

Barry Drive

Just noticed that 80 & 780 will be moving to City platform 9. Also 934 (south) will move to 2, but 932 is staying on 9.

Irisbus Rider

On closer inspection of the new network, it appears as though there are more additional services than ACTION have advertised.

There are four additional 300 services, two in the am;
300: 7.05a - 7.19a Woden Bus Station - City Bus Station
300: 8.17a - 8.43a Belconnen Bus Stations - City Bus Station
And two in the pm;
300: 5.16p - 5.44p City Bus Station - Belconnen Bus Stations
300: 5.21p - 5.49p City Bus Station - Belconnen Bus Stations

One more service for the 2;
2: 3.12p - 3.39p Dickson Shops - City Bus Station (School days only)

And one for the 5;
5: 6.50a - 7.39a City Bus Station - Woden Bus Station

That is all I could find, but I only have a handful of timetables, any more, feel free to add them. Note: Do not add routes with amended times, as they are numerous.

A few notes from my observations;
- More time has been timetabled between the last timing point, and the new Belconnen Bus Stations in some routes, i.e. Gungahlin routes and the Intertown.
E.g. The last northbound 300 leaves the City at 11.54p in both timetables, but;
Old timetable: Arrives at CSBS (Cohen St Bus Station) at 12.16a
New timetable: Arrives at CSBS at 12.21a

- If you wish to travel from the city to Gungahlin at night, expect a wait, as the connection times for the 50 are pathetic, with wating times at Gungahlin Marketplace ranging from 17 to 22 minutes.
However, travelling into the City from the Gungahlin suburbs on the 50 is much more reasonable, with connection times from 2 to 3 minutes.

-Finally, the 4 and 5 (routes which make up the 'Green Line') have been spread out in the pm off peak, making bus travel more reasonable in those areas at night.

That's all I noticed.....

Bus 400

Did anyone else notice the Parliamentary Triangle bus booklet on the ACTION website?

For those that haven't it is quite good & can only be found on the ACTION page explaining Network 10.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 06, 2010, 09:00:03 AM
Did anyone else notice the Parliamentary Triangle bus booklet on the ACTION website?

For those that haven't it is quite good & can only be found on the ACTION page explaining Network 10.
A single timetable showing all routes in one go would be FAR better than that brochure. The best way to encourage bus travel (or at the very least be seen to be encouraging bus travel) is to demonstrate that there are frequent, simple services. This brochure makes it more complicated than it needs to be.

Irisbus Rider

A few additional services, and if anyone feels that I've missed anything, feel free to add to the thread;

One additional service for the 14/314;
14: 7.45p - 8.15p Fraser West Terminus - Belconnen Bus Stations (This is due to an alteration of pm off-peak running times)
And an amendment, the 14 which commences at Radford College at 3.40p is not listed to service the Belconnen Bus Stations, travelling to the first timing point directly. This may be an error, but this is unlikely, as a 314 service travels through the bus stations just minutes prior.

And two additional services for the 15/315;
15: 6.56p - 7.24p Spence Terminus - Belconnen Bus Stations
15: 7.28p - 7.56p Belconnen Bus Stations - Spence Terminus (these serices also due to alterations of the pm off-peak times)

These alterations are due to a restructure of the off peak times for the 12 - 15, which has resulted in the 12 and the 13 both leaving at .34p past the hour, and the 14 and 15 leaving at .04p past the hour, providing Spence and Fraser West terminus' each a 30 min frequency. It is also supporting the increasingly adopted attitude of 'safety in numbers' at transport hubs at night time. I definately think this is a move in the right direction, and should be implemented across the board if possible.
However, there is an anomoly, where the last 12 departs at 11.34p, but the last 13 departs at 10.34p.

As I earlier mentioned, if there are any more additional services (not time amendments, but actual additional services), share them with us.

Barry Drive

Routes 19 & 66 ARE being swapped through Bonython, the timetable maps were not updated.

Also, City platforms 3 & 5 will swap locations until the work to extend platform 3 is complete. Which means Belconnen-bound 300s will continue to depart from the same location.

Bus 400

Yesterday I noticed posters at Cameron Avenue & Lathlain Street Bus Stations about them being closed from Monday 15 November. No mention of where the alternative stop is

Snorzac

There is alternative locations there

Bus 400

The Green & Gold services (2,3,4 & 5) also receive special coloured bollard headers.

I am wondering if all the stops would be programmed into the euro & steer tag buses screens for Network 10? I ask as the stops have been programmed for the MyWay so why not?

CNG

I noticed a number of the gasies were off service today to have desto updates.

Bus 400

This evening the Red Rapid timetables were being replaced, the updated version describes where the 200 goes a bit better.

Here are the different style of bollard headers as a part of Network 10:

Sir

Those bollards look really good. Kinda noob friendly.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on November 10, 2010, 06:18:46 PM
Routes 19 & 66 ARE being swapped through Bonython, the timetable maps were not updated.
Also, City platforms 3 & 5 will swap locations until the work to extend platform 3 is complete. Which means Belconnen-bound 300s will continue to depart from the same location.

There are notices on the affected stops informing passengers about route change. All I read on the signs were about route changes in Bonython, I didn't feel safe to get out of my locked car & read the signs fully.

But the City Platform changes are going to confuse passengers a lot, with the notice boards informing passenger that the southbound 2 & 3 depart from across the road & Platform 3 will become Platform 5 & Dickson bound 2 will depart from here for now & Platform 5 becomes Platform 3. But once the work is done the Platform 3 & 5 will move back to their proper location & the services will follow.

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 07, 2010, 12:24:00 PM
As I earlier mentioned, if there are any more additional services (not time amendments, but actual additional services), share them with us.

This is kind of additional service for people travelling City - Deakin - Yarralumla - Curtin - Woden. The timetable that finishes today for Route 2 includes two services from Dickson at 8.19am and 8.49am that terminate in the City. However in the new schedule, these services (while departing from Dickson at revised times) are extended to Woden. Probably something to do with the Gold Line. The only Route 2 services now terminating in the City from Dickson are the new 3.12pm school days only service and existing 11.26pm service.

CNG

just interested if tommorow, tuggeranong depot will have any of its stds on services because of desto updates

Bus 400

More then likely the buses on Saturday detail (Tuggeranong & Belconnen) may of already received a desto update or will receive it on Sunday. The buses on Sunday detail (both depot's again) will more then likely already have the desto update or receive it tomorrow or Monday morning. From what I've been told most buses it is a 5 minute download job, with only the MkII's & PR3's taking longer.

Snorzac

Ed reports there are two employees going through the Tuggeranong sheds updating destos now.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: 743 on November 12, 2010, 09:58:27 PM
This is kind of additional service for people travelling City - Deakin - Yarralumla - Curtin - Woden. The timetable that finishes today for Route 2 includes two services from Dickson at 8.19am and 8.49am that terminate in the City. However in the new schedule, these services (while departing from Dickson at revised times) are extended to Woden. Probably something to do with the Gold Line. The only Route 2 services now terminating in the City from Dickson are the new 3.12pm school days only service and existing 11.26pm service.
Ah ha, and I know how I missed those as well, by just holding new and old timetable and comparing the number of services. Thanks for the info there.

I'm very impressed to see the new signage and information at bollards. Simplicity is the key to absorbing information 'rapidly', so hopefully the commuters will take this on board, and stop asking silly questions everytime they board a bus (wishful thinking, yeah, I know).

Bus 400

The scrolling feature on the desto's is being more widely used on most desto's. The desto's that can't scroll just show each destination & via suburbs/locations.

Busnerd

Since i'm 'out of town' has ACTION installed any special Blue Rapid bus stop signs? I noticed when i was down that the platform number at the ABS bus station is blue for the intertown stop and all the others are orange, so one can only hope they get funky blue bollards :P

400:D

CNG

I like the signs aswell however I wish they kept the name intertown instead of blue rapid.

Quote from: CNG on November 14, 2010, 07:11:51 AM
I like the signs aswell however I wish they kept the name intertown instead of blue rapid.

I think the new name makes it easier as you have the colours representing different routes etc, and intertown just doesn't roll of the tongue that well.

In-ter-town
Blue Rap-id

The syllables don't lie :D

Double post!

With the new network can someone please tell me why from Northbourne Avenue to GMP through Fleminton Road no deviations, I can catch the 51, 52, 59, 200 and with deviations, 51,52,56,57,58,59,200? :-\

smitho

Quote from: 400:D on November 14, 2010, 12:00:46 PM
I think the new name makes it easier as you have the colours representing different routes etc, and intertown just doesn't roll of the tongue that well.

In-ter-town
Blue Rap-id

The syllables don't lie :D
I guess it's a bit of a trade-off between a name which is functional ("intertown" describes the function of the service) as against a name which is more on the descriptive side ("rapid"). The term "Redex" seemed to attract comment because it was neither functional nor descriptive, (but I guess it had some logic as it was initially only a trial service, and so for the wrinklies at least, recalled the days of the Redex Trials in the 1950s).

The Rapid logo looks as if it was created by the same graphic designer as the old Redex logo.

Quote from: smitho on November 14, 2010, 08:33:57 PM
The Rapid logo looks as if it was created by the same graphic designer as the old Redex logo.

I totally agree

Barry Drive

Quote from: 400:D on November 14, 2010, 08:20:31 PM
With the new network can someone please tell me why from Northbourne Avenue to GMP through Fleminton (sic) Road no deviations, I can catch the 51, 52, 59, 200 and with deviations, 51,52,56,57,58,59,200? :-\
What??

Quote from: MyWay on November 14, 2010, 10:16:40 PM
What??

Wait I'll say it again, when I am travelling from Northbourne Av. If I need to go to GMP the 51,52,56,57,58,59 and the 200 all go via flemington road? That better?

Barry Drive

HASTUS Timetable print-out at bus stops still refers to "City Inter", "Tugg Inter" not Bus Station.

smitho

Blue Rapid bollards look very ACTION 1970s retro with the mainly blue and orange color scheme.

Curious to see the combined red and green caps on the Constitution Ave bollards where the Red Rapid and the Green Line share the same route (CIT).

CNG

I have noticed alot of the artic shifts are now .3 shifts in this network. I know this dose not fit with the thread however do the new shifts have any bus changes i.e.
std
27- 6.30
26- 7.15
MEAL
EURO
318 9.14
313 12.00
314 2.30
Artic
s/r 823 3.40
sign in cash off

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on November 15, 2010, 11:59:37 AM
Curious to see the combined red and green caps on the Constitution Ave bollards where the Red Rapid and the Green Line share the same route (CIT).

A picture of that bollard can be found on Page 2 of this thread.

smitho

Thanks Bus 400. Will take a closer look at that National Circuit combo tomorrow. Good pics.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 07, 2010, 12:24:00 PM
And an amendment, the 14 which commences at Radford College at 3.40p is not listed to service the Belconnen Bus Stations, travelling to the first timing point directly. This may be an error, but this is unlikely, as a 314 service travels through the bus stations just minutes prior.
The online (html) timetable shows this route travelling throught the Belconnen Stations at 3.45 - 3.51, so the printed timetable is probably in error.

Bus 400

Is it just me or does the Woden desto on some buses look like Hoden?

Sir

Saw two diffrent buses with the desto:
Not in service 110
Or as my friend said it looked liked:
Hot in service 110

What is this 110 and why can't action use a better font?

Snorzac

The font is better than the last one! 110 is the code to put not in service up, someone just doesn't know how to program it properly.

On another note has anyone noticed the fail with the 59 desto in the Mk IIs?

Quote from: Metrobus on November 16, 2010, 08:02:07 PM
The font is better than the last one! 110 is the code to put not in service up, someone just doesn't know how to program it properly.

I haven't noticed that yet, but I did see a Route 8 this afternoon operating as "CITY / via Lyneham 110".  :pop:

And the 907 desto in the MAN's (and Scanias and what not that also have these boards) has an incorrect spelling of Tillyard Drive unfortunately, with only one 'l'.

smitho

Saw one of the Iris buses with the LED destos heading north up Athllon today with a weird looking desto set-up...."300Belconnen" squashed into a small portion of the desto window, and with no spacing between "300" and "Belconnen".

Must have been a rushed job.

Snorzac

They don't program it separately to the other Iris's so it is automatically an Epic fail. Given that it is a one off sign they should do one of these two things:
-replace the front LED with a standard dot matrix
-replace front and side with a Hanover LED desto

I mean seriously, who would write a separate program for one bus!

Sir Pompously

If the person doing the Desto's was doing them correctly, then yes they would write the program for 311. The problem is the ratio of dots of the LED vs. the dots on a Flipdot.

Have seen some desto's, there is more information (Which is a plus) however I wish they would not use the damn marquee function. The function is stupid, and the font that comes with it is even more ridiculous.

Bus 400

Do drivers lefts & rights mention if a run is steer tag approved? I ask as I had a glimpse at the 315 directions & it states steer tag near the top of the page.

Bus 400

Quote from: Metrobus on November 16, 2010, 08:02:07 PM

That the 59 goes via Forbes (NSW)?

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 17, 2010, 01:54:58 PM
Do drivers lefts & rights mention if a run is steer tag approved? I ask as I had a glimpse at the 315 directions & it states steer tag near the top of the page.
Yes, they do.

Bus 400

The timing on the 59 needs a big change. This afternoon I caught the 15:37 service out of City Bus Station. We caught up to the 15:28 service in Amaroo & overtook not long after so we ended up in Belconnen at 16:40 & the 15:28 service arrived at 16:50. Now neither bus had more then a 1/3 full of the bus, with the earlier service being a Dart.

The Gungahlin bound was no different with 2 services meeting up in Amaroo (the same time as us).

Bus 400

The online timetables for the 19/319 & 66 have now been updated to reflect the Bonython changes.

CNG

When should network 2011 come in?

Barry Drive

The road work in East Row is now complete. Expect platforms 3 & 5 to swap soon? Monday at the latest?

Barry Drive

Platform swap will occur on Monday 13th.

King of Buses

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on December 09, 2010, 01:47:56 PM
Platform swap will occur on Monday 13th.

The Alinga Street & London Circuit bus lanes (for City Bus Station) have also been painted red. I am unsure if the Mort Street entrance is the same, however that is known as the service entrance for the shops within City Bus Station.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 01, 2010, 09:13:58 PM
All route listings on ACT Bus have been updated, with school buses being progressively updated this week.

School route listings clearly took longer than I thought.. mainly because I kept putting it off.. but they have now all been updated.

Added Bonus: The Deanes routes missing directions have been updated also.

Bus 400

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what route drivers have been instructed to take in relation to the Route 2 from City to Dickson? I ask as the public timetable mentions this route turns right onto Northbourne Avenue & right on to Cooyong Street. However I am noticing that every driver does a loop around the Sydney Building & then go up Mort Street to Cooyong Street.

Snorzac

They have been instructed to do the route as mapped, however it is quicker to loop back through the Interchange

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on January 03, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
They have been instructed to do the route as mapped
No they haven't.

The official route is as described by Bus 400. There are a few drivers who get confused with route 7 which departs from the same stop and then travels to the Canberra Centre. (There is no sensible reason as to why routes 2 and 7 are supposed to go different ways to the same destination.)

Bus 400

I suspect it has something to do with the Route 2 double backing on its self. But then by that token, why can't the Route 7 be changed?I did wonder wether having the Route 2 conduct a right turn from Platform 5 onto Northbourne Avenue could be a bit dangerous as the bus would have to either pull up short on the platform or block both lanes & god forbid if you have a row of buses going straight ahead.

CNG

I was interested are their still belco shifts that have irisbuses stamped to be used on the 300's or is it only man's and stag's?