Network 2010

Started by King of Buses, August 08, 2010, 05:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King of Buses

I've read somewhere over the past few days that the new ACTION network will start in November 2010.
This includes the Redex extension to DFO.

CNG

that sounds right becuase that is around the same time of the next shift spill

Snorzac

I think you will find that it will be the same day as the beginning of Term 4, which is during October

Bus 400

Which is also when Westfield Belconnen Bus Station & ABS Bus Station will open & Cameron Avenue & Lathlain Street Bus Station's will close.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on August 08, 2010, 07:38:58 PM
I think you will find that it will be the same day as the beginning of Term 4, which is during October
That may have been the original intention but, like King of Buses , I've also been seeing references to November as when Network 10 will commence.

King of Buses

Hopefully that is when My Way Ticketing system commences.
Also, July 2011 is when Network 11 starts as Australian Bus magazine reports.

blackdragon

Given ACTION has no money, don't be surprised if Network 10 has fewer services not an expansion of services..

Bus 400

The Redex integration & expansion is a part of Network 2010. Otherwise it will more then likely be the changes for Belconnen Upgrade completion. With a few timetable fix ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNG

will a new weekend network happen?

Bus 400

At a guess, only minor changes. Nothing major can be done until the mandatory weekend shifts are agreed on.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MyWay on August 11, 2010, 12:32:03 PM
That may have been the original intention but, like King of Buses , I've also been seeing references to November as when Network 10 will commence.

Today's Canberra Times states that Network 10 is expected to begin on 1 November, and will include the REDEX extension as well as improved frequencies to Kippax and the Parliamentary Triangle.

Barry Drive

Hopefully "improved frequency" means that 4 5 80 & 727 are scheduled so that there is an even gap between them. Does improved Kippax frequency mean new services to West Macgregor?

Bus 400

I would hope a few route changes were to go ahead in Gungahlin. Why can't all the residents of Casey, Bonner & Forde enjoy the benefits of a bus service (at least)?

Buzz Killington

Reminds me of the laughable piece in the Sunday Canberra Times a few weeks back where they sent one reporter to Conder, the other to Ngunnawal and timed to see how long it took each to get to Parliament House.

One choice quote from a random passenger was essentially "I heard that Harrison doesn't even have any bus routes servicing it". Completely false. Why include that quote when it's not even correct?

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz KillingtonOne choice quote from a random passenger was essentially "I heard that Harrison doesn't even have any bus routes servicing it". Completely false. Why include that quote when it's not even correct?

Especially when the bus they caught went past Harrison (Route 727).

Barry Drive

The new shifts are finally out. Known changes are: 44 will be diverted via West Macgregor, new 57 will service Franklin, 727 & 5 north replaced by 200; route 50 will operate City <--> GMP in evenings (after 7pm). ABS station is called "Belconnen Community Station"; Westfield station will not be timed, so services will not wait there. No indication of any other changes.

CNG

are there any shifts with following runs together, the 26, 27, 17 and 16

Bus 400

Does the 57 terminate at GMP or follow the 56 & 58 to Belconnen?
 It is good to see that buses don't have to wait at the middle bus station. Hopefully the timings have been worked out properly.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on September 20, 2010, 06:16:37 PM
The new shifts are finally out. Known changes are: 44 will be diverted via West Macgregor, new 57 will service Franklin, 727 & 5 north replaced by 200 + 50 to operate City -> GMP in evenings. ABS station is called "Belconnen Community Station"; Westfield station will not be timed, so services will not wait there. No indication of any other changes.

New shifts confirm that southern terminus of Route 200 will be Fyshwick DFO.
Diesel MANs are identified on the shift cards as Euros.
Steer tags are referred to as Stags.

Barry Drive

Departure points at City Interchange will be modified. Regular (daytime) routes will no longer depart from Platform 10 (Northbourne Ave). Changes are as follows:

1: no change
2: 2 (south), 3 (south) -- unsure where platform will be located; possibly former platform 1
3: "Blue Rapid" (to Belconnen) -- rumours are that bus bay will be extended
4: no change
5: 2 (north), 7
6: no change
7: add 6 (south)
8: add 50, 57, 200, remove 5, 727
9: replace 727 with 200

Also, not sure whether peak hour extensions to 51, 52 and 59 will exist in new network.

Platform allocations for "Belconnen Community Station" are as follows:

South/East bound
1: "Blue Rapid"
2: 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 705, 710, 749
3: 3, 7, 10, 30, 31, 45, 71, 74

North/West bound
4: 12, 13, 14, 15, 312, 313, 314, 315
5: 43, 44, 73
6: 16, 17

EDIT: Intertown now Blue Rapid, 10 departs from Pl 3

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 20, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
New shifts confirm that southern terminus of Route 200 will be Fyshwick DFO.
Diesel MANs are identified on the shift cards as Euros.
Steer tags are referred to as Stags.

Are the stamps in the same font as the CNG and the Irisbus ones?
Also with the Redex shifts, do they still include just redex on them or do they now include other runs for example,
std
MEAL
EURO
SIGN IN CASH OFF

lukeo25

Will the 80 change due to redex going to dfo, i suspect there might a little change.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: CNG on September 21, 2010, 06:38:59 AM

Are the stamps in the same font as the CNG and the Irisbus ones?
Also with the Redex shifts, do they still include just redex on them or do they now include other runs for example,
std
MEAL
EURO
SIGN IN CASH OFF
Does the font of the stamp really matter?

CNG

Busnerd

Seriously, the font of a stamp on a shift card you don't even need to see as you don't work there.

smitho

From memory, bus types are identified in standard typeface (font) rather than with stamps.

Don't recall seeing any shifts that are entirely 200's. 200 runs are mixed in with other runs and from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?

Not sure whether 80's will still run to DFO. Will check.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used.

Which would why the Redex logos weren't installed on the new Flemington Road stop bollards.

Barry Drive

80 will still go to DFO; 57 is City -> GMP only.

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 21, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
From memory, bus types are identified in standard typeface (font) rather than with stamps.

Don't recall seeing any shifts that are entirely 200's. 200 runs are mixed in with other runs and from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?

Not sure whether 80's will still run to DFO. Will check.

In relation to that will the 200 still have only MAN's operating on it?

Barry Drive

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 05:53:19 AM

I believe so. All the Belco ones do. (And route 50 does as well.)

[1000th post!]

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on September 21, 2010, 06:24:00 PM
I like to know details

Me too. Please post a high resolution photo of your front door key, your address and the times when no one is home.

bubzie

Quote from: belcodriver on September 22, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
Me too. Please post a high resolution photo of your front door key, your address and the times when no one is home.

Why cant i like comments/posts on here yet?

p_stampy

Quote from: belcodriver on September 22, 2010, 11:09:26 AM

LOL

King of Buses

The 1st 788 south  driver says that the 19/319 won't service Bonython with the new network so they could put Steer Tags on the route.

Buzz Killington

That seems strange. If they swapped the 19 and the 66 so that the 66 ran along Kingscote and the 19 ran around Barr Smith surely that would eliminate the issue.

smitho

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 05:53:19 AM
Although some Tuggy shifts are designated with "MAN" runs, from memory, the 200s are designated as CNG runs.

CNG

Quote from: smitho on September 22, 2010, 08:21:02 PM
Although some Tuggy shifts are designated with "MAN" runs, from memory, the 200s are designated as CNG runs.

So that means CNG scannias will also be able to service the 200, wounder if any of the belco shifts with 200's on them require an IRIS-BUS.
Also is this what the stamps look alot like,

IRIS-BUS
CNG-BUS
MIDI-BUS
EURO
STAG
PR100.3

p_stampy

Quote from: CNG on September 22, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
So that means CNG scannias will also be able to service the 200, wounder if any of the belco shifts with 200's on them require an IRIS-BUS.
Also is this what the stamps look alot like,

IRIS-BUS
CNG-BUS
MIDI-BUS
EURO
STAG
PR100.3

Are you planning on printing out your own or something?

CNG

No I just like to know what they look like.

Sir Pompously

They're stamps, generic store font stamps. I can understand wanting to know what the font of the ACTION logo is, or how the shift card is layed out, but the font of a stamp that is just a generic (Only ordered to have the words to ACTION standards) is just whacko. Intricate details like that will later drive you insane.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on September 22, 2010, 05:17:21 PM
The 1st 788 south driver says that the 19/319 won't service Bonython with the new network so they could put Steer Tags on the route.
Only problem with that theory is that the 19/319 is already an approved steer-tag route.

Had a further look at the shifts. From what I've seen, some sanity has prevailed: all Belco Intertown routes are specified as STAG (steer-tag) or EURO (MAN Diesel) - Irisbus Agoralines and Bike Rack Renaults are no longer allocated to Intertown routes. Which isn't to say that you will never see them on Intertowns. The Belco depot 200/50 are exclusively EURO. For Tuggeranong shifts, 200/50 are CNG only and Intertowns are CNG & STAG.

Quote from: smitho on September 21, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
... from what I can tell, 'Redex' terminolgy is no longer used. Notice how all the red and white Redex posters have been removed from external surfaces of buses over the past month?
I doubt that. Aren't there radio ads which refer to Redex services to Fyshwick? I think you will find that the Redex posters were removed because the route is being changed, making the posters incorrect.

CNG

yeah but do any shifts have irisbus allocations on them. It is like with the tuggers intertown runs all them are CNG allocated however alot of the drivers take the Mk1's.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on September 24, 2010, 12:23:40 AM

I doubt that. Aren't there radio ads which refer to Redex services to Fyshwick? I think you will find that the Redex posters were removed because the route is being changed, making the posters incorrect.

That may be correct - but advice about the end to the use of 'Redex' came from a usually reliable source. Also note that unlike current Redex shift cards, shift cards with the new 200 services don't have any reference to 'Redex' with the 200 series runs as far as I can recall.

'Redex' was initially linked to the fact that it was started as a 'Trial' (recalling the Redex trial of the 1950s) and with the emphasis on limited stop,  'Rapid' service... that trial has now ended. With the introduction of quite a few new stops in August this year and (apparently) additional timing points from November, the new Redex (if it keeps that name) probably won't be quite as rapid as the original version.

But agree though that the new permanent Redex signs on Flemington Rd suggests the that the term Redex may survive into the new Network.

CNG

are there any new belco shifts with CNG on them apart from weekends?

CNG

I was told by a driver who is non related to this forum that there are only 5 fulltime day shifts that are not spilt.

CNG

well that is what just a driver told me however it sounded pritty crazy.

smitho

Re new shifts (currently off the table), notice in Belco Depot warns drivers that for bus allocation purposes, "Standard Bus" will be taken to mean either a Mark 2  OR a PR100.3.....

CNG

smitho

Latest versions of the shifts with Route 200s refer to the intermediate timings as being "for indicative purposes only" - so they are NOT timing points - and so these services will run in a similar fashion to current 727s.