Canberra's Engineering Heritage

Started by Sir Pompously, December 04, 2010, 11:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

I was looking for photos through Google, and I clicked on one which brought me to the following website. I ahve never seen it before, but it is packed with photos and information regarding the history of Canberra's Engineering Projects. There are a few bus photos, aswell as Parliament House Construction and design of roadways throughout the ACT. One of my favourites in the roads section is an image of Tuggeranong Parkway as a single carriageway road. http://www.engineer.org.au/home.html

Buzz Killington

There's been a link to it in the ACT Bus site links section for at least six months!

Sir Pompously

Yeah it is probably the least used section I visit on this site. Infact, I think my viewership of that section is set at 0.

400:D

Also the ACTION part is used to cite firsts for ACTION on it's Wikipedia article :D.

Barry Drive

Quote from: 400:D on December 04, 2010, 12:49:54 PM
Also the ACTION part is used to cite firsts for ACTION on it's Wikipedia article
Not quite. The entire History section of the ACTION Wikipedia article comes from Canberra's Engineering Heritage.

smitho

Hard copy of 'Canberra's Engineering Heritage' is fairly easy to track down in second hand bookshops; is possible that Engineers Australia may still stock the latest version of the book.