Can you place these pictures?

Started by Buzz Killington, January 11, 2012, 08:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

OR, 'Where is it?' where we don't know the answers.

Can you place these Gallery photos? If so, please let us know.  More can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151142160655150.793029.339620070149&type=3

ZIB 053

smitho

Just guessing, but may be Athllon Drive, at the upper (southern) end of Farrer??

Barry Drive

Going by the desto only, route 41 went from Latham to City. So photo might have been taken on Dalley Cres, Latham.

Wouldn't be Athllon Dr as it was not built until late 70s.

Kramden

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 11, 2012, 08:05:09 PM
OR, 'Where is it?' where we don't know the answers.

Can you place these Gallery photos? If so, please let us know.

That's a tough one Buzz.  Can't place it.  Great pic though.

Upon seeing the old AEC Reliance I was transported back to my childhood/teenagehood when several ex Canberra govt AECs similar to this one were acquired by a local bus company near where I lived in Sydney.

The Punchbowl Bus Company - one of the few old guard private bus operators still operating in Australia - had four of the old beats in their fleet.  In the early '70s, while the rest of the fleet were a mix of Leylands (young and old), these AECs were contained to PBC's lowest revenue run: route 29 between Hurstville and Peakhurst.  Great old bombs.  No a/c, no power steer, no auto trans, no air keeling and ramps, no flash seats, no radio, ...oh, but manual destos with cloth rolls and yellow backed numbers ...YES!

See one: http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=175&pos=35

Barry Drive

Not certain that it is Dalley Cr, but has to be somewhere in Belconnen region.

Buzz Killington

oldwornoutactiondriver

That particular bus ZIB053 was known as the Murdoch Bus - named after the surname of the driver. The picture is somewhere in Belconnen.